Worst fireseason in recorded history

Okay.

I do think it exists. But I think we can do something about it.

I think it exists because credible scientists have demonstrated that it does.

CSIRO scientists and the climate change debate (Feature Article)

I'm pleased that those same scientists are looking at practical ways of dealing with it.

Climate Change

This has led to - at least my government - looking at what needs to be done about it.

Garnaut Climate Change Review - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I said before, I don't trust the vested interests which just want to deluge us with propaganda. I've seen what's happening here, I've seen our governments indulging in partisan squabbling about water while our main river system is dying. I'm now very keen to keep our politicians focussed on the reality of climate change because I don't want it to get to the point where it's irreversible.

So unless the scientist says that AGW is real, its just propaganda?

We urge the United States government to reject the global warming agreement that was written in Kyoto, Japan in December, 1997, and any other similar proposals. The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the environment, hinder the advance of science and technology, and damage the health and welfare of mankind.

There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.

This petition has been signed by over 31,000 American scientists.

Home - Global Warming Petition Project

The average temperature of the Earth has varied within a range of
about 3°C during the past 3,000 years. It is currently increasing as the
Earth recovers from a period that is known as the Little Ice Age, as
shown in Figure 1. George Washington and his army were at Valley
Forge during the coldest era in 1,500 years, but even then the temperature
was only about 1° Centigrade below the 3,000-year average.

Edward Jenner's medical colleagues opposed his views on vaccination too.

Frederick Seitz - the organiser of the petition:

ExxonSecrets Factsheet: Frederick Seitz

Chairman, Science and Environmental Policy Project.
Chairman Emeritus, George Marshall Institute. President Emeritus, Rockefeller University. Board Member, Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow. Former Science Advisory Board, The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition.

A June 2000 Business Week article referred to physicist Frederick Seitz as "the granddaddy of global-warming skeptics". Seitz was once a director and shareholder of a company that operated coal-fired power plants.

Dr. Seitz is a former President of the National Academy of Sciences, but the Academy disassociated itself from Seitz in 1998 when Seitz headed up a report designed to look like an NAS journal article saying that carbon dioxide poses no threat to climate. The report, which was supposedly signed by 15,000 scientists, advocated the abandonment of the Kyoto Protocol. The NAS went to unusual lengths to publically distance itself from Seitz' article. Seitz signed the 1995 Leipzig Declaration.

Seitz is a recipient of the National Medal of Science. "In 1983 he reeived the Fourth Vannevar Bush Award presented by the National Science Board of the National Science Foundation and the R. Loveland Memorial Award of the American College of Physicians. Dr. Seitz is currently a member of the New York City Commission for Science and Technology and has served as chair of the United States delegation to the U.N. Committee on Science and Technology for Development." (Seitz biography)

Frederick Seitz - SourceWatch

Frederick Seitz | DeSmogBlog

Edward Jenner's medical colleagues opposed his views on vaccination too.

Frederick Seitz - the organiser of the petition:

ExxonSecrets Factsheet: Frederick Seitz

Chairman, Science and Environmental Policy Project.
Chairman Emeritus, George Marshall Institute. President Emeritus, Rockefeller University. Board Member, Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow. Former Science Advisory Board, The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition.

A June 2000 Business Week article referred to physicist Frederick Seitz as "the granddaddy of global-warming skeptics". Seitz was once a director and shareholder of a company that operated coal-fired power plants.

Dr. Seitz is a former President of the National Academy of Sciences, but the Academy disassociated itself from Seitz in 1998 when Seitz headed up a report designed to look like an NAS journal article saying that carbon dioxide poses no threat to climate. The report, which was supposedly signed by 15,000 scientists, advocated the abandonment of the Kyoto Protocol. The NAS went to unusual lengths to publically distance itself from Seitz' article. Seitz signed the 1995 Leipzig Declaration.

Seitz is a recipient of the National Medal of Science. "In 1983 he reeived the Fourth Vannevar Bush Award presented by the National Science Board of the National Science Foundation and the R. Loveland Memorial Award of the American College of Physicians. Dr. Seitz is currently a member of the New York City Commission for Science and Technology and has served as chair of the United States delegation to the U.N. Committee on Science and Technology for Development." (Seitz biography)

Frederick Seitz - SourceWatch

Frederick Seitz | DeSmogBlog

Dear Kaulifornya, from the bottom of my black heart:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCEeAn6_QJo]YouTube - Tool - Ænema [uncut version - hq - fullscreen][/ame]

You keep quoting your Exxon butt boys.

Here's some info on the "World Climate Report" editor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jac4mx48ITo&feature=related]YouTube - Defective data at NASA[/ame]

It's called "critical thinking". You should try it sometime.

No, just like Kirk you refuse to acknowledge their is significant proof that AGW doesn't exist. All you want to do is bury your head in the sand and say Nobel peace prize winning scientists are being bought out by Exxon.

No, just like Kirk you refuse to acknowledge their is significant proof that AGW doesn't exist. All you want to do is bury your head in the sand and say Nobel peace prize winning scientists are being bought out by Exxon.

I'm sorry, I've never heard a scientist say they proved something doesn't exist. How did they do it? I'd be fascinated to know.

Yes, southen California (and Arizona and Nevada) have very similar topography to where I live (most of my state is arid land but some of it further south is reasonably lush) and bushfires are endemic here. In fact bushfires are necessary for regeneration of certain plants (not the poor animals though).

More population means more effect means more chances of some idiot deliberately lighting a fire on a 43c day in the middle of summer as well as some idiot using a machine in a paddock and starting a fire that way from sparks.

You're completely right with some needing fire:

http://www.nps.gov/archive/seki/fire/pdf/ts_yc90.pdf

Forum List

Back