WorldNetDaily: Soy makes kids gay

And the parents will say, we wouldn't change a thing about our baby. We'll love him as he is, thank you.

Some might say that, others might decide that it's an unnecessary hardship given how many in society feel about homosexuality. Myself, I would have a hard time making that call. I don't think I would have any trouble loving my child regardless of sexual orientation, but I do realize that they would face challenges a straight person wouldn't have to face, so why make life harder on them.

And the parents will say, we wouldn't change a thing about our baby. We'll love him as he is, thank you.

Some might say that, others might decide that it's an unnecessary hardship given how many in society feel about homosexuality. Myself, I would have a hard time making that call. I don't think I would have any trouble loving my child regardless of sexual orientation, but I do realize that they would face challenges a straight person wouldn't have to face, so why make life harder on them.

Who cares about their sex----we just need hard workers to pay off the debt. :lol:

Yeah, that's why the title of the WND article is "Soy makes you gay".

Everyone knows WND is biased. That's not the question. And the title is obviously misleading. However, I was intrigued by the scientific data presented. Too often scientific studies are simply not allowed or go unpublished because of political correctness. I don't want to see PC Dogma stifle advancements in Science anymore than Religious beliefs.
Quite seriously, if when they are published they are prefaced with a lie, why would anyone bother to believe them?

You're really saying that WND is the only media that has misleading headlines?

Xsited, I actually did a little bit of reading on this today. IMHO the premise of the article in the OP is flawed. I didn't find any evidence to suggest that higher estrogen levels in males result in homosexual behavior. I did find some evidence that higher estrogen levels in males results in a fabulous head of hair.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I thought this thread would die a slow death.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did my use of the word "fabulous" tip it off?

I have a colleague who likes to use the word 'Fabulous' a lot. (She's a she, btw.) Consequently, I use the word probably more than I should. Birthday cards would make the rounds and I would write 'Have a Fabulous Birthday!' One time there was a death in her family and I mistook the sympathy card for a birthday card. I simply wrote 'Fabulous!' and my name. Fortunately I was able to catch it before it got to her. :eek:

BTW, I wasn't kidding about reading on this subject. Apparently there is a relationship between estrogen/testosterone levels and hair loss. High testosterone levels are common among bald men. The inverse is true among guys with a full head of hair. There are many studies on this available on the web.

BTW, I wasn't kidding about reading on this subject. Apparently there is a relationship between estrogen/testosterone levels and hair loss. High testosterone levels are common among bald men. The inverse is true among guys with a full head of hair. There are many studies on this available on the web.

Nope, BS. Fail. LOL.

Pretty succinct summary of one of the arguments in this thread, no?

LMFAO. I wonder if Gunny knows. :badgrin:

Estrogen the new cure for baldness. You get a great head of hair and you're gay.

Almost. You get a great head of hair, and you may or may not be gay. I didn't find any convincing research to suggest a link between high estrogen levels in males and homosexuality. I did find some interesting research suggesting that homosexuality may be genetic, but I won't post the links until I'm sure it has been duplicated elsewhere. Give me a couple of days on that, please. I don't get paid to do USMB research, so it's not a high priority for me:lol:

Estrogen the new cure for baldness. You get a great head of hair and you're gay.

Almost. You get a great head of hair, and you may or may not be gay. I didn't find any convincing research to suggest a link between high estrogen levels in males and homosexuality. I did find some interesting research suggesting that homosexuality may be genetic, but I won't post the links until I'm sure it has been duplicated elsewhere. Give me a couple of days on that, please. I don't get paid to do USMB research, so it's not a high priority for me:lol:

That's great. So far, your research contradicts the OP story from WND.

Everyone knows WND is biased. That's not the question. And the title is obviously misleading. However, I was intrigued by the scientific data presented. Too often scientific studies are simply not allowed or go unpublished because of political correctness. I don't want to see PC Dogma stifle advancements in Science anymore than Religious beliefs.
Quite seriously, if when they are published they are prefaced with a lie, why would anyone bother to believe them?

You're really saying that WND is the only media that has misleading headlines?
Nope. Does that mean that WND is justified in a headline that isn't supported by its articles?

You said you wouldn't entertain such a 'juvenile conclusion'. So what is it? Do you always reject a study that has a 'juvenile conclusion' or are you a troll? The world is waiting.

Maybe not the world but possibly a few people that have been following the thread, but I'm sure even that number is dwindling as YWN makes his or herself less relevant with every post.

It appears YWN666 is trolling. Every board needs a troll or two. I like to troll on occasion. Here's to YWN66, a new USMB troll!

Show me some independent research that shows a direct link betwen eating soy and homosexuality and I will state that I am a troll. Are you stupid enough to think that in all of the years of controversy over what causes homosexuality that the major peer reviewed medical journals would not have picked up on this alleged soy-homosexuality link? No, they have better things to do than to waste time with WND bullshit designed to entertain gullible halfwits like you.

I gotta go. Can someone alert me when this xsited troll comes up with the research I asked for? Thanks :lol:

Last edited:
That's addressed in the various articles from the OP and in the references.
What's the scientific evidence?

I realize there are several scientific articles referenced and most people don't have a knack for this kind of thing, but they really aren't that difficult to follow. There are several references in the various articles presented by the author. Check these out:

The trouble with soy, part 3

None of the studies cited makes the connection between soy and homosexuality. They show links to other conditions but the only connection with homosexuality is in the unsubstantiated claims of the author.

That's not at all what it says. Here's basically what it says:

Yeah, that's why the title of the WND article is "Soy makes you gay".

Everyone knows WND is biased. That's not the question.

Yes, it is.

And the title is obviously misleading. However, I was intrigued by the scientific data presented. Too often scientific studies are simply not allowed or go unpublished because of political correctness.

How did you come to this conclusion? Can you show me an example of where this has happened?

WND is not interested in credible science.

Of course not. They tell the religious right what they want to hear even if they have to manufacture falsehoods to do so. What is sad is they are so eager to suck up anything that corroborates their own skewed agenda, they don't bother to check the facts.

We wouldn't want facts to get in the way of our biases, would we? Notice who bought the story--

See a pattern?

Forum List

Back