WorldNetDaily: Soy makes kids gay

So the WND conclusion is, if you're a boy and you don't want to be gay, don't eat soy products.

Did I say that? Nope.

You said you wouldn't entertain such a 'juvenile conclusion'. So what is it? Do you always reject a study that has a 'juvenile conclusion' or are you a troll? The world is waiting.

Maybe not the world but possibly a few people that have been following the thread, but I'm sure even that number is dwindling as YWN makes his or herself less relevant with every post.

It appears YWN666 is trolling. Every board needs a troll or two. I like to troll on occasion. Here's to YWN66, a new USMB troll!

So the WND conclusion is, if you're a boy and you don't want to be gay, don't eat soy products.

That's not at all what it says. Here it is in a nutshell:

I have nothing against an occasional soy snack. Soy is nutritious and contains lots of good things. Unfortunately, when you eat or drink a lot of soy stuff, you're also getting substantial quantities of estrogens.

That's not at all what it says. Here's basically what it says:

I have nothing against an occasional soy snack. Soy is nutritious and contains lots of good things. Unfortunately, when you eat or drink a lot of soy stuff, you're also getting substantial quantities of estrogens.

Yeah, that's why the title of the WND article is "Soy makes you gay".

Sounds about as reasonable as you accusing others of hating gays simply because they disagree with the lifestyle, and/or think it's sick.

What's the problem?

It doesn't make sense, otherwise most Asians would be gay.

That's addressed in the various articles from the OP and in the references.
What's the scientific evidence?

I realize there are several scientific articles referenced and most people don't have a knack for this kind of thing, but they really aren't that difficult to follow. There are several references in the various articles presented by the author. Check these out:

The trouble with soy, part 3

Everyone knows WND is biased. That's not the question. And the title is obviously misleading. However, I was intrigued by the scientific data presented. Too often scientific studies are simply not allowed or go unpublished because of political correctness. I don't want to see PC Dogma stifle advancements in Science anymore than Religious beliefs.

Everyone knows WND is biased. That's not the question. And the title is obviously misleading. However, I was intrigued by the scientific data presented. Too often scientific studies are simply not allowed or go unpublished because of political correctness. I don't want to see PC Dogma stifle advancements in Science anymore than Religious beliefs.

I'm in favor of scientific studies too. This study does not prove that eating soy makes anyone gay.

WND selects science that backs their existing prejudices. They're into fear stories.

That's addressed in the various articles from the OP and in the references.
What's the scientific evidence?

I realize there are several scientific articles referenced and most people don't have a knack for this kind of thing, but they really aren't that difficult to follow. There are several references in the various articles presented by the author. Check these out:

The trouble with soy, part 3
I am not impressed. Soy was first hailed as a miracle cure, then made out to be the cause of everyone's woes. Now the studies that "show" soy to be evil are being backed off from. I think anyone that feeds an infant nothing but soy formula is a moron, but I doubt most seriously it makes anyone gay. Doesn't mother's milk have estrogen? How do boy babies survive 9 months the *gasp* womb of an estrogen factory?

I can buy that it lowers sperm count in some males, but a lowered sperm count doesn't equal gay.

I can tell you really appreciate subtle topics, del and dillo.

The avians are very subtle creatures---don't even underestimate the goony.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxwIk3prdDI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxwIk3prdDI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Quite seriously, if when they are published they are prefaced with a lie, why would anyone bother to believe them?

Forum List

Back