WorldNetDaily: Soy makes kids gay

Yeah, that's why the title of the WND article is "Soy makes you gay".

Everyone knows WND is biased. That's not the question. And the title is obviously misleading. However, I was intrigued by the scientific data presented. Too often scientific studies are simply not allowed or go unpublished because of political correctness. I don't want to see PC Dogma stifle advancements in Science anymore than Religious beliefs.
Quite seriously, if when they are published they are prefaced with a lie, why would anyone bother to believe them?

Because WND appeals to conservatives and faith based biases.

Everyone knows WND is biased. That's not the question. And the title is obviously misleading. However, I was intrigued by the scientific data presented. Too often scientific studies are simply not allowed or go unpublished because of political correctness. I don't want to see PC Dogma stifle advancements in Science anymore than Religious beliefs.
Quite seriously, if when they are published they are prefaced with a lie, why would anyone bother to believe them?

It's sorta like TMs posts---you just gotta peek at em sometimes.

I'm in favor of scientific studies too. This study does not prove that eating soy makes anyone gay.

WND selects science that backs their existing prejudices. They're into fear stories.

Of course it doesn't prove it because nobody as of yet knows exactly why some people become gay and others don't. However, Scientists are getting closer to understanding it. This is just more information in understanding it.

It is more information. Brain studies, the nervous and endocrine systems and genetic markers will eventually tell us why some people are heterosexual and others aren't.

What's the scientific evidence?

I realize there are several scientific articles referenced and most people don't have a knack for this kind of thing, but they really aren't that difficult to follow. There are several references in the various articles presented by the author. Check these out:

The trouble with soy, part 3
I am not impressed. Soy was first hailed as a miracle cure, then made out to be the cause of everyone's woes. Now the studies that "show" soy to be evil are being backed off from. I think anyone that feeds an infant nothing but soy formula is a moron, but I doubt most seriously it makes anyone gay. Doesn't mother's milk have estrogen? How do boy babies survive 9 months the *gasp* womb of an estrogen factory?

I can buy that it lowers sperm count in some males, but a lowered sperm count doesn't equal gay.

How many health foods and pharmecuetical drugs were first hailed as a miracle cures and later determined to be bad for you? Quite a few.

People who feed infants nothing but soy are morons? You either don't have children or you have never heard of food allergies. I can't believe you meant what you said.

You seriously need to read the articles and references if you want to understand. Your posts are just attacks based on what you 'think' should be true. That's the same mistake YNW666 made (unless, of course, he's a troll). But I'll understand if you decide to go with what you think is true. Most people are like that. That's why I teach my kids that the answer to a good many questions in this world is "I don't know, but I plan to find out."

It is more information. Brain studies, the nervous and endocrine systems and genetic markers will eventually tell us why some people are heterosexual and others aren't.

Eventually. There might even come a day when a doctor can say to parents, "there is an 89% chance that your unborn son will become gay unless we do something about it now. How would you like to proceed?"

And the parents will say, we wouldn't change a thing about our baby. We'll love him as he is, thank you.

I'm in favor of scientific studies too. This study does not prove that eating soy makes anyone gay.

WND selects science that backs their existing prejudices. They're into fear stories.

Of course it doesn't prove it because nobody as of yet knows exactly why some people become gay and others don't. However, Scientists are getting closer to understanding it. This is just more information in understanding it.

So if soy turns me into a fag then what food turns me straight?

Eventually. There might even come a day when a doctor can say to parents, "there is an 89% chance that your unborn son will become gay unless we do something about it now. How would you like to proceed?"

Proceed? I guess I would precede by trying to have the doctors medical license yanked since the sexual orientation of children does not fall in his/her domain...

So if soy turns me into a fag then what food turns me straight?

I can tell you that it is NOT beefcake, weiners, or tossed salads.

Proceed? I guess I would precede by trying to have the doctors medical license yanked since the sexual orientation of children does not fall in his/her domain...

Really? Doctors have been making those kinds of calls for a long time. Choosing the gender identity when a child is born with male and female genitalia.

That's one reason for transgendered folks. Sometimes the parents and the doctors made the wrong call.

The child was more wired internally to be one gender or the other--regardless.

Xsited, I actually did a little bit of reading on this today. IMHO the premise of the article in the OP is flawed. I didn't find any evidence to suggest that higher estrogen levels in males result in homosexual behavior. I did find some evidence that higher estrogen levels in males results in a fabulous head of hair.

Xsited, I actually did a little bit of reading on this today. IMHO the premise of the article in the OP is flawed. I didn't find any evidence to suggest that higher estrogen levels in males result in homosexual behavior. I did find some evidence that higher estrogen levels in males results in a fabulous head of hair.

Thank you. :clap2:

Really? Doctors have been making those kinds of calls for a long time. Choosing the gender identity when a child is born with male and female genitalia.

That's one reason for transgendered folks. Sometimes the parents and the doctors made the wrong call.

....The child was more wired internally to be one gender or the other--regardless.

Isn't this what we are talking about and not a coin toss between a penis or vagina? Any doctor who will screw with a child's psychological wiring simply to placate irrational fear of others shouldn't be licensed.

....The child was more wired internally to be one gender or the other--regardless.

Isn't this what we are talking about and not a coin toss between a penis or vagina? Any doctor who will screw with a child's psychological wiring simply to placate irrational fear of others shouldn't be licensed.

Well they are licensed and they have made these choices and it has increased suffering for the individual whose gender was decided by others.

Well they are licensed and they have made these choices and it has increased suffering for the individual whose gender was decided by others.

This only reinforces my point. Gender manipulation isn't the providence of a doctor. In fact we aren't even talking about a health issue...

This only reinforces my point. Gender manipulation isn't the providence of a doctor. In fact we aren't even talking about a health issue...

I agree. Unfortunately, gender assignment is in the hands of doctors.

Forum List

Back