World Cup 2010

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
On Friday, the biggest sporting event on the planet begins in South Africa. The US will have a difficult opening match against England on Saturday but has a shot to do well this year.

Odds to win the World Cup are

Spain 4:1
Brazil 9:2
Argentina 13:2
England 13:2
Holland 10:1
Germany 14:1
Italy 14:1
France 20:1
Portugal 28:1
USA 80:1

World Cup Betting Odds | Football Betting

I will cheer for whoever wins tomorrow (USA/England) then when they lose whoever Toro and LK and Dr.Grump want to win, since I don't really care after that.

So you boys let me know! I am going to try and catch some games on the telly!

My heritage is English and I've always rooted for England, but since America is my adopted country, I can't cheer against the US. So here's hoping for a draw!

That a game as boring as soccer is the biggest sporting event on the planet does not give me much hope for the human race.

And the fact that tens of thousands of people will actually fight over said boring soccer game is even more disheartening.

That a game as boring as soccer is the biggest sporting event on the planet does not give me much hope for the human race.

And the fact that tens of thousands of people will actually fight over said boring soccer game is even more disheartening.

very disheartening, indeed. won't somebody think of the children.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-gUXl7usc]YouTube - simpsons soccer[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOHdTQd6H8]YouTube - The Simpson's-broadcasting soccer[/ame]

large_Brazil%20vs.%20USA%200628.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCbXu5it6Y]YouTube - Maicon scores a beauty (Inter-Juventus 1-0 goal)[/ame]

Ahhh, the world cup. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S HERE!!!! Last cup I was still in high school so I got to watch basically every single game that summer; sadly won't be the case this time around.

I'd be happy if Spain finally won, they're incredible! Nevertheless, I'll likely be rooting for all our sister republics here in the continent to do well, especially Argentina, then Mexico... Still have a mild grudge against Honduras and Uruguay for keeping us out of the Cup (I'm Costa Rican). =\

I can tell you who I'm rooting AGAINST though, haha: Brazil, Italy, and US. Pretty much always root against those.

Ahhh, the world cup. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S HERE!!!! Last cup I was still in high school so I got to watch basically every single game that summer; sadly won't be the case this time around.

I'd be happy if Spain finally won, they're incredible! Nevertheless, I'll likely be rooting for all our sister republics here in the continent to do well, especially Argentina, then Mexico... Still have a mild grudge against Honduras and Uruguay for keeping us out of the Cup (I'm Costa Rican). =\

I can tell you who I'm rooting AGAINST though, haha: Brazil, Italy, and US. Pretty much always root against those.

The fucking Argies only win when God's on their side. He ain't. They're doomed. Spain are crap and Mexico, well, :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If it can't be the USA, then I'm backing England.

This should be good: the only three teams I'm following are Brasil, Italy and USA

Funny quote from British journalist, Toby Young "If Obama wants to know about kicking ass, tell him to watch England beat the USA on Saturday."

Forum List

Back