World Cup 2006 - No Haters Please

roomy said:
Brazil always look as if they are playing well within themselves and can score whenever they need to, having said that, Croatia look to be a good side and they were unlucky, they deserved a draw.

France were less than ordinary, again.

Today I predict

Spain to beat Ukraine in a close match.

Tunisia v Saudi Arabia, I give the Tunisians the edge.

Germany v Poland, could be a no score draw bore, but I hate that so I am hoping the poles beat the Germans.

My one word of advice for Brazil. Ronaldo plays no more than 30 minutes in the first half. Then bring in Robinho.

I think Spain and Ukraine could go ether way. Sheva is such a good goal scorer that I wouldn't be surprised to see a tie. Spain needs to come out strong. If they can get a couple of quick goals, Ukraine will have to battle back and that would change their whole game. Ukraine is a bit sloppy when they have to come from behind.

I'll agree with Tunisia only because SA has had a dismal record in the World Cup.

Germany needs to prove their superiority (self-proclaimed at times) by handling Poland with ease. If all they can do is pull a draw, considering Poland was easily beat by Ecuador (not selling Ecuador short but Poland should have fared better), it would be a big step backwords for the German squad.

Spain - 4 Ukraine - 0

What a display by Espana. 19 shots compared to 5; 10 on goal compared to 2. Possession was 54-Spain, 46-Urkaine.

Spain came out strong - 2 goals in the first 17 minutes gave Ukraine a good case of shellshock. Then to score in the opening 3 minutes of the second half put the nail in the coffin. Villa's two goals (deflection and PK) combined with Xabi's well placed header and Torres' rocket in the 81st just overwhelmed the Ukraine.

They did have a few good chances to strike back. Rotan just missed a header early. Voronin's shot in the 61st would have been a goal of the year candidate had it not just missed.

Sheva...where were you? Not a single shot on goal? If he and Voronin could have put it together, it would have been a much better outcome.

If this is any indication for the tournment, expect Spain to go far. Ukraine was their toughest opponent in the group. Now they are left with Tunisia and Saudi Arabia. I would not be surprised if they go 3 or more goals in the next two games and don't let a single one into their net.

Saudi Arabia - 2 Tunisia - 2

What a fun game!

Super Sami comes in to put Saudi ahead with 5 minutes left. Then the last minute of extra time, Tunisia scores to tie the game again.

Time of possession was nearly even SA - 51 to Tunisia's 49. Shots were very one sided as SA had 13 where Tunisia had only 6. Interesting though that Tunisia's two shots on goal both went into the back of the net.

Tunisia pressured in extra time; one shot just over the bar, another hits the post and then the goal as time expired.

Neither one stand a chance against Spain. Is Ukraine doesn't play better than they did today, there could be an upset coming.

Finally! The Spanish get their shit together...Maybe this'll be their world cup to shine. They have become my new dark horse. Didn't give them a hope due to their previous performances in World Cups and European Championships....this tournament has just got a little bit more interesting..

Germany - 1 Poland - 0

Neuville comes through to end the frustration for Germany. So many chances and they finally snuck one in.

Klose and Ballack each hit the post at the 90th minute to continue the frustration.

Germany totally dominated the game. Time of Possession: Germany - 58; Poland 42. 16 to 5 in shots and 8 to 3 in shots on goal.

The Polish team almost made it. If they could have held on and salvaged a point, there was a slim chance of advancing. But with this loss they are two games in with zero points. For all practical purposes...they are out of it.

Polish keeper Boruc can't be faulted at all; he made some excellent saves and kept his team in it til nearly the end.

Two games in and Germany has the full 6 points. If Ecuador loses to Costa Rica tomorrow, Germany should easily finish in first. If this happens, don't be surprised to see Germany rests some of it's starters against Ecuador in the final game of their group stage. Germany won't be able to roll over against them but a lot of the pressure will be off. If Ecuador wins tomorrow against Costa Rica, the game on the 20th should be a classic: Both teams with 6 points..winner takes first place in the group and plays runner up in Group B - which will probably be Sweden.

Imagine if England finishes second in Group B. Another Germany versus England classic.

Drool.

An interesting day today.

Ecuador must win against Costa Rica. They will put them at the top tied with Germany with 6 points. Then the two play the last game of the goup for first place; what a game.

Sorry Roomy..I would like to see England lose or tie to T&T. Only because I want England to finish second in their group to set up a Germany - England game in the next stage.

I doubt that will happen though. England needs a good showing to get their confidence back. Rooney has been cleared to play but I am sure he will not start.

Both Sweden and Paraguay must win. Sweden does have one point from their first draw to a loss would pressure them to a must-win in game three against England. Paraguay must win because if they don't, that is two losses and when there are only three games to advance, losing two puts you out.

manu1959 said:
crouch sucks

lampard has gone missing

I say if no goal by minute 70, Rooney will play.

If not sooner. But..for Crouch or Lampard? I say Lampard..they will want to keep Crouch's height.

Crouch is only a hot property because of his performance in the the Jamaica match.

So he scored 3 against....Jamaica...he also missed two more.

And if I see that goofy-ass dance from him again, I will throw up.

GotZoom said:
I say if no goal by minute 70, Rooney will play.

If not sooner. But..for Crouch or Lampard? I say Lampard..they will want to keep Crouch's height.

Crouch is only a hot property because of his performance in the the Jamaica match.

So he scored 3 against....Jamaica...he also missed two more.

And if I see that goofy-ass dance from him again, I will throw up.

rooney in for owen?! o my fucking god sven is an idiot

manu1959 said:
rooney in for owen?! o my fucking god sven is an idiot

Was thinking the same thing. Lennon too? 19 years old..right..no one else with any experience for defense.

SGE is gone after this WC.

GotZoom said:
Was thinking the same thing. Lennon too? 19 years old..right..no one else with any experience for defense.

SGE is gone after this WC.

why take carragher off....ffs sake T+T has not been in the england end for half an hour....put rooney on and leave owen on and pull carragher....

manu1959 said:
why take carragher off....ffs sake T+T has not been in the england end for half an hour....put rooney on and leave owen on and pull carragher....

England has one forward left on the bench to bring in: The 17-year old wunderkid Alcott.

I could see him coming in at minute 85 for Crouch. He has been totally ineffective.

They never should have taken out Owen. Just a bonehead move.

GotZoom said:
England has one forward left on the bench to bring in: The 17-year old wunderkid Alcott.

I could see him coming in at minute 85 for Crouch. He has been totally ineffective.

They never should have taken out Owen. Just a bonehead move.

joe cole out...fuck me he is the only midfielder that can attack a player 1v1 get the right footed preki out of there

manu1959 said:
joe cole out...fuck me he is the only midfielder that can attack a player 1v1 get the right footed preki out of there

After seeing that...maybe Lampard has tired out.

SGE is playing for a tie. Pull a point from this game. 4 points with the game against Sweden left.

If that isn't it, he's lost his mind.

GotZoom said:
After seeing that...maybe Lampard has tired out.

SGE is playing for a tie. Pull a point from this game. 4 points with the game against Sweden left.

If that isn't it, he's lost his mind.

rooney in the 89th minute wll save us

better yet crouch now

Forum List

Back