Teen Hits Double Eagle Hole-in-One

jasendorf

May 31, 2006
Ohio
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=bizarre&id=4225363

Heard this on the radio and had to share it... pretty friggin' awesome.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - June 1, 2006 - Sixteen-year-old Chad Van Den Hemel has scored a rare ace.
The South Dakota high school student not only got a hole-in-one, but also a double eagle with one swing of his golf club.

A double eagle is three under par on any given hole. He got his hole-in-one on a par-4, 310-yard hole at the Lakes Golf Course at Madison.

Chad says he and his golfing buddies were looking for his ball but couldn't find it. Then they looked in the hole and there it was.

Dean Knuth, a former United States Golf Association director, puts the odds of making a double eagle at about 1,000,000-to-1.

I have scored an ace on a 177 yard par three into the sun , into the wind. I couldn't have hit that 6 iron better, it was amazing how good it felt, but I couldn't see it land. When we got up near the green there was only one ball on it. One of the guys in the foursome said I must have left it short but I said no way, I hit it way too well. Before I had a chance to go up to the hole another asshole we were playing with saw it and pulled it out of the hole and threw it to me! I didn't get to see it go in the hole, didn't get to see it in the hole and didn't even get to take it out of the hole.......I'm still pissed, never played with that jerk again.

I have also scored a couple of eagles on par 4s, those are as good as holes in one. With the length people are hitting the ball today, I wonder if that percentage is still the same.

Forum List

Back