Workout Music....

Anachronism

Rookie
Jan 30, 2011
New England
So, workout warriors and gym rats of USMB; how much of an effect does music have on your workouts? Do you even listen to music at all while you run, lift, or whatever else you do? If so, what do you listen to and why? Does it make a big difference on those occasions when you don't have your music, or any music at all?

Personally, for me it makes a HUGE difference if I don't have my music when I workout. Whether it's a 20 minute run or a 75 +/- minute training session, if I don't have my music I'm almost totally lost. It seems to take forever to get through even a short run without my music. I don't even want to think about an hour long weight training workout without it. The one exception being my weekly session with my personal trainer. Then again we're talking while I'm working, so that probably makes a difference. My musical preferences for working out include a lot of upbeat, loud, pounding stuff. Lots of 80's music and things like that.

My running playlist: (36 minutes)

Welcome to the Jungle
Livin on a Prayer
Hell's Bells
Footloose
The Climb
Life is a Highway
Thunder Struck
Back in Black

My Workout Playlist: (1.2 hours)

Welcome to the Jungle
Livin on a Prayer
Hell's Bells
Footloose
The Climb
Life is a Highway
Thunder Struck
Back in Black
You Give Love a Bad Name
Holding Out for The Hero
Hurts So Good
The Fever
Danger Zone
Rebel Yell
Ain't Goin' Down ('Til the Sun Comes Up)
How You Ever Gonna Know
All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight for Monday Night Football
Through the Fire

That is a pretty good list. I personally like heavy stuff for lifting and for cardio I enjoy dj-tiestio

Hmm. Well, I am a different sort. Yea, I listen to "hard core" music sometimes, but mostly, I listen to model music. I hope to be able to take my shirt off and be able to know I am a 5"5 guy at around 150lbs, that looks like he is 200lbs, and can out lift, out box, and out do anyone near his size. Here is some of mine:

Alizee - Jen ai marre
Gwen Stefani- Cool
Margaret Singana- We Are Growing

I also listen to quite a bit of classic rock n roll, and older hip-hop (House of Pain, Cypress Hill) etc. I usually listen to songs I could see myself doing a competition with.

Forum List

Back