medicare fraud is theft

• Banned
If you are wealthy enough and powerful enough no one charges you with anything

That is the case, whether it be celebrities, athletes or other elites. And its doesn't matter what political party they are affiliated with. They all skate. Its BS and I agree they should be punished.

• Banned
How about if you are a multimillionare who got elelcted governor and now want to chase teachers out of the profession?

Yes!! Dude. ALL of them. But it doesnt happen to ANY of them. Because all of the elites be it in business or government or media or hollywood have all the connections and all of the power. They are all the same and thats the funny part. They pit us against eachother and just sit back and count their dollars. ALL of them.

Columbia/HCA fraud case detailsOn March 19, 1997, investigators from the FBI, the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Health and Human Services served search warrants at Columbia/HCA facilities in El Paso and on dozens of doctors with suspected ties to the company.[18]

Following the raids, the Columbia/HCA board of directors forced Scott to resign as Chairman and CEO.[19] He was paid $9.88 million in a settlement. He also left owning 10 million shares of stock worth over $350 million.[20][21][22]

In 1999, Columbia/HCA changed its name back to HCA, Inc.

In settlements reached in 2000 and 2002, Columbia/HCA plead guilty to 14 felonies and agreed to a $600+ million fine in the largest fraud settlement in US history. Columbia/HCA admitted systematically overcharging the government by claiming marketing costs as reimbursable, by striking illegal deals with home care agencies, and by filing false data about use of hospital space. They also admitted fraudulently billing Medicare and other health programs by inflating the seriousness of diagnoses and to giving doctors partnerships in company hospitals as a kickback for the doctors referring patients to HCA. They filed false cost reports, fraudulently billing Medicare for home health care workers, and paid kickbacks in the sale of home health agencies and to doctors to refer patients. In addition, they gave doctors "loans" never intending to be repaid, free rent, free office furniture, and free drugs from hospital pharmacies.[3][4][5][6][7]

In late 2002, HCA agreed to pay the U.S. government $631 million, plus interest, and pay $17.5 million to state Medicaid agencies, in addition to $250 million paid up to that point to resolve outstanding Medicare expense claims.[23] In all, civil law suits cost HCA more than $2 billion to settle, by far the largest fraud settlement in US history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Scott

Columbia/HCA fraud case detailsOn March 19, 1997, investigators from the FBI, the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Health and Human Services served search warrants at Columbia/HCA facilities in El Paso and on dozens of doctors with suspected ties to the company.[18]

Following the raids, the Columbia/HCA board of directors forced Scott to resign as Chairman and CEO.[19] He was paid $9.88 million in a settlement. He also left owning 10 million shares of stock worth over $350 million.[20][21][22]

In settlements reached in 2000 and 2002, Columbia/HCA plead guilty to 14 felonies and agreed to a $600+ million fine in the largest fraud settlement in US history. Columbia/HCA admitted systematically overcharging the government by claiming marketing costs as reimbursable, by striking illegal deals with home care agencies, and by filing false data about use of hospital space. They also admitted fraudulently billing Medicare and other health programs by inflating the seriousness of diagnoses and to giving doctors partnerships in company hospitals as a kickback for the doctors referring patients to HCA. They filed false cost reports, fraudulently billing Medicare for home health care workers, and paid kickbacks in the sale of home health agencies and to doctors to refer patients. In addition, they gave doctors "loans" never intending to be repaid, free rent, free office furniture, and free drugs from hospital pharmacies.[3][4][5][6][7]

In late 2002, HCA agreed to pay the U.S. government $631 million, plus interest, and pay $17.5 million to state Medicaid agencies, in addition to $250 million paid up to that point to resolve outstanding Medicare expense claims.[23] In all, civil law suits cost HCA more than $2 billion to settle, by far the largest fraud settlement in US history.

You are so fucking pathetic. This thread idiot.

How seriously the right takes politicains who gain from stealing from the people

Not a word huh?

Hes got an r after his name so his crime is forgiven

Actually, I'm kind of waiting for some information about him being charged, tried and convicted.
I tend to go with that whole 'due process' thing.... maybe that's a conservative thing but I tend to go with that innocent until proven guilty.

I don't agree with sending people to prison without trial.... that's very unAmerican to me. They do that in some countries, I know.... perhaps you would find their political system more to your liking?

And, for the record, I would say that, no matter what letter he has after his name.

Last edited:
I think that nayone who defrauds the gove should be penalized 200% of their money made thru the fraud and prison terms imposed on top of that.

If one is fined 100K but makes 1 million from the fraud and serves no jail time it is just a cost of doing business.
We need medicare fraud laws with teeth in them. And finiancial rewards for those who turn them in as well.

I think that nayone who defrauds the gove should be penalized 200% of their money made thru the fraud and prison terms imposed on top of that.

If one is fined 100K but makes 1 million from the fraud and serves no jail time it is just a cost of doing business.
We need medicare fraud laws with teeth in them. And finiancial rewards for those who turn them in as well.

He's never been convicted, or does that not matter to you?

You are so fucking pathetic. This thread idiot.
i knew it was an anti_GOP setup from the title, TneverM is pathetic

He's never been convicted, or does that not matter to you?
no no no

facts and proof be damned
just send them to prison because you disagree with their politics

Forum List

Back