Workers Beginning To Lose Jobs Due To Sequestration

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Amanda Terkel

WASHINGTON -- As Republican politicians insist that the Obama administration has "exaggerated" the effects of sequestration, people around the country are beginning to see for themselves what the results of the $85 billion in budget cuts are: They're losing their jobs.

Thousands of federal employees are facing unpaid time off as agencies determine that they will have to furlough workers to absorb the cuts.

But other workers -- including some in the private sector -- are losing their jobs altogether, underscoring just how much daily life for many people is tied to a functioning government.

Some examples:

More: Workers Lose Jobs As Pink Slips Go Out Due To Sequestration

So Govt workers are finally feeling the effects huh??

Can't say I give a shit. Those folks live in a bubble. They are payed with our tax dollars. They don't get layed off. They don't get fired. They have everything payed by we the tapayer.

Excuse me if I don't give a fuck about them and their unpayed leave. Its kinda like when the all lost their COLA for a time. They sure as shit got it all back. No one I know gets a COLA increase every years.

Hell. We could lose half the Govt employee's and no one would notice they were gone.

Oh, and if it bothers you that much you should drop that fuck in the WH a line. It was his idea to let it go forward was it not?? Guess that one may bit him in his skinny ass.

Last edited:
By Amanda Terkel

WASHINGTON -- As Republican politicians insist that the Obama administration has "exaggerated" the effects of sequestration, people around the country are beginning to see for themselves what the results of the $85 billion in budget cuts are: They're losing their jobs.

Thousands of federal employees are facing unpaid time off as agencies determine that they will have to furlough workers to absorb the cuts.

But other workers -- including some in the private sector -- are losing their jobs altogether, underscoring just how much daily life for many people is tied to a functioning government.

Some examples:

Wanna talk about exaggerated?

http://nation.foxnews.com/jobs/2013/02/28/maxine-waters-over-170-million-jobs-could-be-lost-due-sequestration

Last edited:
By Amanda Terkel

Some examples:

To the cheers and the absolute glee of the right wing.

:clap2:

Can't say I give a shit. Those folks live in a bubble. They are payed with our tax dollars. They don't get layed off. They don't get fired. They have everything payed by we the tapayer.

Excuse me if I don't give a fuck about them and their unpayed leave. Its kinda like when the all lost their COLA for a time. They sure as shit got it all back. No one I know gets a COLA increase every years.

Hell. We could lose half the Govt employee's and no one would notice they were gone.

Oh, and if it bothers you that much you should drop that fuck in the WH a line. It was his idea to let it go forward was it not?? Guess that one may bit him in his skinny ass.

I rest my case.

Here's the irony.

A vast majority of the 1% are in the exact same bubble.

Like Romney.

Since when do we have to keep going further in debt or having the fucking government reach deeper up our asses for money just to keep a few government hacks on the payroll?

The country hasn't stopped running so we obviously didn't need those hacks anyway.

We can fix this problem by giving the government the right to access our savings accounts and withdrawing money when they need it.
Then no one would lose their job.
What? You think this is bad? Well...you obviously hate poor people.

I rest my case.

Here's the irony.

Like Romney.

Bullshit there S.

Govt. workers are payed with TAXDOLLARS. I'm sure that 1% aren't.

I'm sure Romney earned his money. He wasn't payed with tax dollars.

I rest my case.

NOt just government workers, Claudia.

Have you forgotten that workers in private industry supply government?

So...you hate the military AND the private industry workers that supply it too?

Your Obama hatred is blinding you to reality.

This would be happening if McCain was in office, too.

wow, I didn't know when you worked for government your job was protected FOR LIFE

I guess they are more important than the people who have been in the 8% unemployed for FOUR YEARS

the love of their neighbors well being is just overwhelming isnt it.

Now you know why the party is tanking.

who wants to be represented by some scum who will say WHO CARES when you lose your job

We can fix this problem by giving the government the right to access our savings accounts and withdrawing money when they need it.
Then no one would lose their job.
What? You think this is bad? Well...you obviously hate poor people.

Hyperbole..it's what's for dinner.

And..no..the cypriots didn't do that.

who wants to be represented by some scum who will say WHO CARES when you lose your job

So maybe the government should just hire everyone who is unemployed. Then you can pay more taxes and have less money to support yourself.

That would be awesome.

Better yet let's just have the government hire everyone it would be a utopia for you.

wow, I didn't know when you worked for government your job was protected FOR LIFE

I guess they are more important than the people who have been in the 8% unemployed for FOUR YEARS

Gotta love it.

In any case..a cop on the beat..adds way more value to our economy then Romney's "Creative Destruction".

Costs much less too.

I rest my case.

Here's the irony.

Like Romney.

Bullshit there S.

Govt. workers are payed with TAXDOLLARS. I'm sure that 1% aren't.

I'm sure Romney earned his money. He wasn't payed with tax dollars.

I rest my case.

and he doesnt pay any tax dollars either as far as you know

So maybe the government should just hire everyone who is unemployed. Then you can pay more taxes and have less money to support yourself.

That would be awesome.

Better yet let's just have the government hire everyone it would be a utopia for you.

Not everyone, of course. But most.......absolutely. You have stumbled on the wise solution to our slow recovery. Congratulations.

Forum List

Back