Gov. Abbott Pardons Sgt. Perry After Killing BLMer with an AK-47

Sgt. Perry explained:

Sgt. Daniel Perry said he fired at Garrett Foster out of self-defense after Foster allegedly raised an assault rifle toward Perry, according to a statement from the attorney obtained by The Washington Post.

According to the statement, Perry was driving for a ride-share company in downtown Austin on the night of July 25 when he turned a corner toward a protest he did not know was taking place.

At that point, the attorney says protesters began beating on Perry’s car. Foster then allegedly approached the car window holding an assault rifle.

The attorney said Foster gestured with the gun for the driver to roll down the window, and Perry did so because he “initially believed the person was associated with law enforcement.”

Perry realized Foster was not an officer, after which Foster allegedly raised his rifle at Perry. The attorney said Perry perceived that as “a threat to his life” and fired at Foster using a handgun he kept in his car.
The statement of the lawyer is not consisted with the statement of Perry during his original interrogation. Post 57.

Nope. A person walking armed BY ITSELF is not a threat. A threatening move needs to be made. Since open carry of long guns IS allowed.

Texas law is specific in this. You have to be able to assert that the assumption of threat was reasonable, AND you can't be the instigator.

In this case, Perry instigated by running a red light with his car turning spinning his wheels and honking into a group of protesters. He admitted that the other guy had his gun pointed at the ground and wasn't aiming at him. On top of the fact that he fantasized online on doing exactly what he did PRIOR him doing it, and the fact that the other guy's weapon wasn't ready to fire in the first place.

Your version of self-defense would basically make it impossible to prosecute anybody who shoots an armed person in Texas since you don't think it necessary that an actual threat needs to be established. Just carrying the gun is enough.

By the way. Kyle Rittenhouse shot 3 people. Something I see you defended. The first person wasn't armed at all. He had a plastic bag. That's it. So even being armed isn't something you feel necessary for self-defense. You don't care he put himself in that position with the express purpose of confronting protesters armed with a long gun. Why is that?
This report was prior to Perry being arrested for killing the man in TX.

Notice it does not report in the way you talk.
According to the Post, blurry cellphone footage shows protesters outside Perry’s stopped car. Honking can be heard, followed by gunshots and a woman yelling that “a car just ran over somebody.”

Perry’s attorney said the Army sergeant has served in the military for eight years, including a tour in Afghanistan. He is not facing any charges at this time, the Post reported Friday.

“We simply ask that anybody who might want to criticize Sgt. Perry’s actions, picture themselves trapped in a car as a masked stranger raises an assault rifle in their direction and reflect upon what they might have done if faced with the split second decision faced by Sgt. Perry that evening,” Dallas-based attorney Clint Broden said in the statement.

Foster’s mother said her son and his fiancée had been participating in Black Lives Matter protests in downtown Austin on Saturday and that the couple had been for about the last 50 days.

This report was prior to Perry being arrested for killing the man in TX.

Notice it does not report in the way you talk.
According to the Post, blurry cellphone footage shows protesters outside Perry’s stopped car. Honking can be heard, followed by gunshots and a woman yelling that “a car just ran over somebody.”

Perry’s attorney said the Army sergeant has served in the military for eight years, including a tour in Afghanistan. He is not facing any charges at this time, the Post reported Friday.

“We simply ask that anybody who might want to criticize Sgt. Perry’s actions, picture themselves trapped in a car as a masked stranger raises an assault rifle in their direction and reflect upon what they might have done if faced with the split second decision faced by Sgt. Perry that evening,” Dallas-based attorney Clint Broden said in the statement.

Foster’s mother said her son and his fiancée had been participating in Black Lives Matter protests in downtown Austin on Saturday and that the couple had been for about the last 50 days.
YOU CAN SEE the video of Perry's interrogation. You don't need the post.

There was no insurrection. There was a valid protest. Cops messed up. Some say they did it as a plot. I don't go that far. I say no protest should so upset cops that the cops hurl grenades back of protestors that causes the protestors to flee into a building. And cops welcomed them in. Shooting them inside the building is only proper if the party in the building is aiming guns at cops. Trump by the way instructed the protesters to do it peacefully and support the cops.

View attachment 948647
NO. Trump said "If you want your government back , you've got to fight like hell". That is what he said. Sounds like he was encouraging an insurrection to me. TRump knew who the elected new President was, and it wasn't him.

The statement of the lawyer is not consisted with the statement of Perry during his original interrogation. Post 57.
Post 57 is so brief it is not good for evidence of a crime. I posted what is in an article made at the time.
Anyway, Perry is free as of 5/16 and no longer is in danger of being in prison for this act.

Daniel Perry issued full pardon by governorGov. Abbott has issued a full pardon to a former US Army Sergeant convicted of murder in the fatal shooting of an armed demonstrator during protests against police violence in 2020. Perry was released from prison Thursday.22 hours ago

NO. Trump said "If you want your government back , you've got to fight like hell". That is what he said. Sounds like he was encouraging an insurrection to me. TRump knew who the elected new President was, and it wasn't him.
You did not supply evidence. But let's say it had been Biden who had been leading for a day as votes were counted. And he had a huge lead. Suddenly Biden wakes up and by god Trump won. Would you want Biden to just quit? Trump was running away with the election until in several states funny shit started to happen.

Hillary to this day claims she beat Trump yet she was not prosecuted.

Post 57 is so brief it is not good for evidence of a crime. I posted what is in an article made at the time.
Anyway, Perry is free as of 5/16 and no longer is in danger of being in prison for this act.

Daniel Perry issued full pardon by governorGov. Abbott has issued a full pardon to a former US Army Sergeant convicted of murder in the fatal shooting of an armed demonstrator during protests against police violence in 2020. Perry was released from prison Thursday.22 hours ago.
The statements made during the interrogation were played in court. It's funny though that now all of a sudden you put more faith in an article in the MSM than you do the actual footage of a police interrogation.

It's more than funny, it's positively hilarious.

Trump instructed them in writing not to use violence. I posted his precise appeal. This case is stupid. Somebody not knowing law called it insurrection. It was no insurrection. Why not? Because it was still Trump who was president. And he was not calling to end his government.

The statements made during the interrogation were played in court. It's funny though that now all of a sudden you put more faith in an article in the MSM than you do the actual footage of a police interrogation.

Too few seconds of garbled talk does not prove your claim to me. The TX board of Pardons was explicit in telling Abbott to Pardon Perry.

Trump in writing said what?

1716063059622-jpeg.948647

I don't know about you but I know about me. Today is Saturday. Today I ran into this discussion. So being due to all the bullshit found on forums, I went to sources. Why did the TX pardons board want Abbot to pardon him. I learned about that. This is not a brand new incident. But now that I read the case, I came to my own conclusion that Abbott got it right by pardoning him.

You did not supply evidence. But let's say it had been Biden who had been leading for a day as votes were counted. And he had a huge lead. Suddenly Biden wakes up and by god Trump won. Would you want Biden to just quit? Trump was running away with the election until in several states funny shit started to happen.

Hillary to this day claims she beat Trump yet she was not prosecuted.
Hillary didn't encourage an insurrection. She accepted her loss like an intelligent, mature woman. Everyone knows that the Electoral College gave that win to Trump. But, Hillary did not resort to childish, selfish behavior just because she was disappointed.
I will always admire and respect Hillary for that.

Trump instructed them in writing not to use violence. I posted his precise appeal. This case is stupid. Somebody not knowing law called it insurrection. It was no insurrection. Why not? Because it was still Trump who was president. And he was not calling to end his government.
Trump was calling to NOT certify the win of Joe Biden. He put pressure on his VP Mike Pence to not certify Biden. Poor Mike Pence had to run and hide in the Capitol Building that day. He was scared.
Trump was very angry at Mike Pence for not obeying him. But, Mike did the right thing. :argue:

Then there is the case of the cop who murdered Ashli Babbitt. Still roaming free and not even pardoned, but approved by Democrats as a lawful killer.
That was the TEXTBOOK definition of a good shoot.

Nope. A person walking armed BY ITSELF is not a threat. A threatening move needs to be made. Since open carry of long guns IS allowed.

Texas law is specific in this. You have to be able to assert that the assumption of threat was reasonable, AND you can't be the instigator.

In this case, Perry instigated by running a red light with his car turning spinning his wheels and honking into a group of protesters. He admitted that the other guy had his gun pointed at the ground and wasn't aiming at him. On top of the fact that he fantasized online on doing exactly what he did PRIOR him doing it, and the fact that the other guy's weapon wasn't ready to fire in the first place.

Your version of self-defense would basically make it impossible to prosecute anybody who shoots an armed person in Texas since you don't think it necessary that an actual threat needs to be established. Just carrying the gun is enough. Hell: you define threat so loosely that self-defense can be invoked with all shootings.

By the way. Kyle Rittenhouse shot 3 people. Something I see you defended. The first person wasn't armed at all. He had a plastic bag. That's it. So even being armed isn't something you feel necessary for self-defense. You don't care he put himself in that position with the express purpose of confronting protesters armed with a long gun. Why is that?

Yes, Kyle shot three people who were trying to KILL him. Funny how you leave that part out.

Good!

It as the right thing to do after a far left prosecutor, in a far left city prosecuted him. 🤔 Sounds familiar.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Thursday issued a pardon for Daniel Perry, an Army sergeant who was convicted of murder for fatally shooting a Black Lives Matter (BLM) protester in 2020.
In April, a jury found Perry guilty of murdering Garrett Foster during a July 2020 protest in Austin, Texas. The jury did not find him guilty of an aggravated assault charge.
Perry was sentenced to 25 years in prison, and Abbott asked the state’s parole board to review the case expeditiously. Perry’s conviction and sentencing have angered conservatives, who say he was acting out of self-defense.
The board, appointed by the governor, announced its unanimous recommendation to pardon Perry, and Abbott’s proclamation followed, The Associated Press reported.
In a statement Thursday, the governor said Texas has one of the strongest “Stand Your Ground” laws of self-defense.
The proclamation grants Perry a full pardon and “restoration of full civil rights of citizenship.” Abbott thanked the review board for its unanimous decision.

He was indicted, and judged by a jury of his peers.

Another clear abuse abuse of the pardon power for politically motivated reasons.

File that away for future events.

Kind of hard to kill somebody armed with a plastic bag.
Not really. The bag was holding stuff. There was a shot behind Kyle, that he thought came from the child rapist, the child rapist had been mad dogging Kyle the whole evening, so Kyle was justified in thinking he was the target of the shot, so he responded accordingly. Then, as he was making his way to the police to turn himself in, a violent rapist tried to kill him with his skateboard, so Kyle aired him out too. Then, the little violent communist tried to shoot Kyle with his pistol, but Kyle was faster, and blew his arm to bits, but then, DIDN'T kill him.

Once the threat was removed, Kyle left him alone. As was proper.

Forum List

Back