Words are cheap, Jane Fonda

Ype and the hatred for her is a selective memory as well.
Not sure why anyone even pays any attention to her at all, except for political programming I suppose.

She'd get a lot more respect if she admitted she did wrong, apologize and keep apologizing instead of lying and saying it never happened. Instead of blaming QVC, she should have admitted she was wrong in the past and it's catching up with her. She should apologize to those she hurt and swear it will never happen again. Eventually, most people will forgive her. It's terribly hard to forgive someone that isn't contrite.

Bullshit.

I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did. I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families. [...] I will go to my grave regretting the photograph of me in an anti-aircraft gun, which looks like I was trying to shoot at American planes. It hurt so many soldiers. It galvanized such hostility. It was the most horrible thing I could possibly have done. It was just thoughtless..."[40]
Jane Fonda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When did any American President apologize for Vietnam? It was a genocide. And a war crime.

yeah, she apologized once and now she says she never did anything against our government or our soldiers...ie..it never happened. How can anyone believe anything she says. Did you read the OP?

." I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us.""

Those are not the words of someone who is sorry for her actions.

You can save the presidents for another thread, this one is about the traitor Jane Fonda.

That bitch can rot in hell and I hope today's youth NEVER forget Hanoi Jane. Fuck her and her whining. Good for QVC!

Get a life, Grace. Sheesh. I am a veteran, a lifetime member of the DAV. If I can let it go, I really don't want to hear it from you.

That's tough ain't it starkey larkey.. Grace lives in America,, she has a constitutional right to free speech. Fuck Hanoi Jane.

Man, I know you people are desperate for something to distract from the downward spiral of NewsCorp, but this is just sad.

LOL.

Communists have killed about 100 million people over the 20th century - nobody else comes comes close.

Ridiculous.

If you aggregate all communist movements..and all deaths as "killed" sure.

But using the same sort of methods..America sure comes close. And alone.

Hogwash. Read up: "The Black Book of Communism". Communists KILLED in round numbers 100 million. Note: of course the leftwingers, culpable for communism being around so long, have tried to historically revise" that account - but for libs/leftwingers, lying is like breathing for normal people.

She'd get a lot more respect if she admitted she did wrong, apologize and keep apologizing instead of lying and saying it never happened. Instead of blaming QVC, she should have admitted she was wrong in the past and it's catching up with her. She should apologize to those she hurt and swear it will never happen again. Eventually, most people will forgive her. It's terribly hard to forgive someone that isn't contrite.

Bullshit.

I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did. I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families. [...] I will go to my grave regretting the photograph of me in an anti-aircraft gun, which looks like I was trying to shoot at American planes. It hurt so many soldiers. It galvanized such hostility. It was the most horrible thing I could possibly have done. It was just thoughtless..."[40]
Jane Fonda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When did any American President apologize for Vietnam? It was a genocide. And a war crime.

yeah, she apologized once and now she says she never did anything against our government or our soldiers...ie..it never happened. How can anyone believe anything she says. Did you read the OP?

." I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us.""

Those are not the words of someone who is sorry for her actions.

You can save the presidents for another thread, this one is about the traitor Jane Fonda.

Jane Fonda did nothing wrong and is no traitor.

Pointing out genocide and war crimes makes you a hero.

Communists have killed about 100 million people over the 20th century - nobody else comes comes close.

Ridiculous.

If you aggregate all communist movements..and all deaths as "killed" sure.

But using the same sort of methods..America sure comes close. And alone.

Hogwash. Read up: "The Black Book of Communism". Communists KILLED in round numbers 100 million. Note: of course the leftwingers, culpable for communism being around so long, have tried to historically revise" that account - but for libs/leftwingers, lying is like breathing for normal people.

Oh really..

Do tell.

How did all this "killing" take place.

Did the Chinese force their own people to use opium. Oh wait..no..that was the United States that forced the Chinese to use opium!

Boxer Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gosh darn it.

So I am wondering..would deaths caused by Opium overdoses be considered "killing" by America?

That bitch can rot in hell and I hope today's youth NEVER forget Hanoi Jane. Fuck her and her whining. Good for QVC!

Get a life, Grace. Sheesh. I am a veteran, a lifetime member of the DAV. If I can let it go, I really don't want to hear it from you.

That's tough ain't it starkey larkey.. Grace lives in America,, she has a constitutional right to free speech. Fuck Hanoi Jane.

And Moscow Mollie spittles across the page. Grace has the right to be told she is an ungrateful American hysteriac. She can take the heat, or she can take the beat with her fat little feat.

José;3882686 said:
Originally posted by Sunni Man
First of all let me qualify by saying that I am a Vietnam vet.

Secondly, history has proven Jane Fonda to be correct in her assessment of the United States involvement of the war.

Last, we need more patriotic people like her to stand up and fight against government injustice and abuse.

Originally posted by Sallow
Vietnam was a war crime..and a Genocide.

What Fonda did should have made her a hero.

I don't know how any American can get behind the slaughter that was Vietnam. Millions of innocent people were killed as a result of America's invasion. Fonda's only problem was that she didn't see that the troops were as trapped into this bullshit as the Vietnamese.

Everybody knows the story of the old grandpa thrown into a madhouse by their greedy relatives. Well... Sallow, Sunni, konrad offer definitive proof that I'm not the only sane people in a madhouse.

But this debate is a waste of time... Extreme, pathological nationalism has the effect of clouding people's judgement, it prevents people from thinking clearly, from distinguishing the forest from the trees.

In the eyes of the pathologically nationalist individual a trip to Vietnam to stop the wholesale slaughter of a third world people and to show support for a genuine, grassroots nationalist movement is more outrageous than the total clusterfuck created by the leaders of their own nation that motivated the trip in the first place.

If wayne, CarolJo, Grace, Patrick2 etc... had been born in ancient Rome they'd be portraying Jesus as a monster for whipping the money changers while turning a blind eye to each and every atrocity commited by the Roman Empire.

They criticize Nazi Germany's national anthem ("Deutchland uber alles" = "Germany above everything") but can't help goose-stepping to the sound of the US national anthem.

She showed support for our enemy, doesn't matter your opinion of who was right or wrong. We all had family over there fighting, being mutilated, and dying. You can have your opinion about a war without helping the enemy with his propaganda. She went too far. Some of you just don't get it.

She apologised. She was young and naive, and some of what she said was right...but not all. That was then...

José;3882686 said:
Everybody knows the story of the old grandpa thrown into a madhouse by their greedy relatives. Well... Sallow, Sunni, konrad offer definitive proof that I'm not the only sane people in a madhouse.

But this debate is a waste of time... Extreme, pathological nationalism has the effect of clouding people's judgement, it prevents people from thinking clearly, from distinguishing the forest from the trees.

In the eyes of the pathologically nationalist individual a trip to Vietnam to stop the wholesale slaughter of a third world people and to show support for a genuine, grassroots nationalist movement is more outrageous than the total clusterfuck created by the leaders of their own nation that motivated the trip in the first place.

If wayne, CarolJo, Grace, Patrick2 etc... had been born in ancient Rome they'd be portraying Jesus as a monster for whipping the money changers while turning a blind eye to each and every atrocity commited by the Roman Empire.

They criticize Nazi Germany's national anthem ("Deutchland uber alles" = "Germany above everything") but can't help goose-stepping to the sound of the US national anthem.

She showed support for our enemy, doesn't matter your opinion of who was right or wrong. We all had family over there fighting, being mutilated, and dying. You can have your opinion about a war without helping the enemy with his propaganda. She went too far. Some of you just don't get it.

She apologised. She was young and naive, and some of what she said was right...but not all. That was then...

Just so. The hating hypocrites can hop on outta here.

Just so. The hating hypocrites can hop on outta here.

Oh I know. The rabbidness with which some of these righties react/act towards certain people makes me think I'm in Nazi germany crica 1933....all hysteria with little to back them up...

Odd how Hanoi Jane never protested the Khmer Rouge. You know Hanoi Jane the hero speaking out against genocide and war crimes...

Could it be because they were Communists?

Odd how Hanoi Jane never protested the Khmer Rouge. You know Hanoi Jane the hero speaking out against genocide and war crimes...

Naw.

The Vietnamese took em out.

Wonder if Ol' Tricky Dick was proud he once supported them.

Seems conservatives could give a shit.

Naw.

The Khmer Rouge were still communists. And Nixon had not a problem with Communist China either now, did he?

I still think that JFK escalated the war in the hopes of keeping South Vietnam out of the hands of Communists.On the other hand, LBJ made his family fortune on the war though. $$$$$$$ mega bucks for Johnson.

And Hanoi Jane never protested the genocide being committed by the Khmer Rouge. One would think that this hero would be against any and all genocides.

Interesting Bill O'Reilly interview with Ted Turner where O'Reilly brings up Fonda's silence on the genocide and Turner admits he himself ignored that little Cambodian genocide because it wasn't on the news much, lol.

That's a good point. Why don't you check to make sure your statement is correct?

Otherwise, you are just blowing air out your ass.

Naw.

Let's be clear here. The vietnamese didn't topple the khmer rouge regime because they had a tender concern for the 1/3 of the population being killed by them, they did it because after the end of the vietnam war, the khmer rouge attacked vietnam. As for Nixon, he ended the war started by democrats.

That's a good point. Why don't you check to make sure your statement is correct?

Otherwise, you are just blowing air out your ass.

Oh, there is no doubt they were Communist. And psycho crazy homicidal maniacal commies to boot.

Following their leader Pol Pot, the Khmer Rouge imposed an extreme form of social engineering on Cambodian society — a radical form of agrarian communism where the whole population had to work in collective farms or forced labour projects.

In terms of the number of people killed as a proportion of the population (est. 7.1 million people, as of 1975[6]), it was the most lethal regime of the 20th century.[7]

The Khmer Rouge wanted to eliminate anyone suspected of "involvement in free-market activities".

Suspected capitalists encompassed professionals and almost everyone with an education, many urban dwellers, and people with connections to foreign governments.

The Khmer Rouge believed parents were tainted with capitalism.

Consequently, children were separated from parents and brainwashed to communism as well as taught torture methods with animals.

Children were a "dictatorial instrument of the party"[8] and were given leadership in torture and executions.[1]

Flag of Democratic KampucheaOne of their mottoes, in reference to the New People, was: "To keep you is no benefit. To destroy you is no loss."[9] The ideology of the Khmer Rouge evolved over time.

In the early days, it was an orthodox communist party and looked to the Vietnamese Communists for guidance.

It became more anti-intellectual when groups of students who had been studying in France returned to Cambodia.

The students, including future party leader Pol Pot, had been heavily influenced by the example of the French Communist Party (PCF).

That's right out of wiki. And if you know left wingers, like I know left wingers, many have been heavily influenced by Mao. I would put Jane in that category.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Willow Tree

Political Chic, Willow Tree, California Girl, Grace, Caroljo, etc, etc...

If any of you ladies were my wife I would severely restrict your constitutional right to spew bulshit about the Vietnam War in a prehistoric kind of way. :D

Hanoi Jane just doesn't understand the loathing and deep animosity that is directed at her.

She should read her own words more often.

When cases of torture began to emerge among POWs returning to the United States, Fonda called the returning POWs "hypocrites and liars".

She added, "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed."[33]

On the subject of torture in general, Fonda told The New York Times in 1973, "I'm quite sure that there were incidents of torture ... but the pilots who were saying it was the policy of the Vietnamese and that it was systematic, I believe that's a lie."[34]

Fonda further stated that the POWs were "military careerists and professional killers " who are "trying to make themselves look self-righteous, but they are war criminals according to the law".

Last edited:
José;3886852 said:
Originally posted by Willow Tree

Political Chic, Willow Tree, California Girl, Grace, Caroljo, etc, etc...

If any of you ladies were my wife I would severely restrict your constitutional right to spew bulshit about the Vietnam War in a prehistoric kind of way. :D

If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass as it hopped. Keep croaking, bubba.

Forum List

Back