Who's the worst lib in the lib TV media?

Patrick2

Jul 12, 2011
I know, I know......it's like asking who's the worst islamofascist.

And also hard because Dan Rather is gone. :eusa_angel:

There's Charlie Rose: The black background of his set is supposed to convince you he's "serious", with a lot of gravitas. :lol: Also, he's "aggressive", because he tilts toward the interviewee like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and interrupts them all the time.

Diane Sawyer, ABC's "news" anchor. She has this sarcastic grin, and condescension drips off her, as if talking about people in the news is beneath her dignity, but she's doing it to be a good sport.

Larry King, now thankfully retired. His cornball lightpeg board behind him. :lol: And wearing suspenders to show he's "really getting down to business".

CNN's Don Lemon: let's just say he's appropriately named.

Andrea Mitchell - my candidate for the current worst. Lessee, how can I do justice to her. She's like a walking BJ for obama. :lmao:

Actually all the Bush supporters in the media are by default liberals since they supported his liberal spending, the pill bill and his stimulus measures.

I gave up on the thread when you mentioned Charlie Rose as a candidate.

This guy is a certifiable idiot. Rose is probably the best interviewer on television. I watch him frequently. He asks very good questions and allows his guests to speak without interruption. He includes a wide range of guests.

Patrick2...you are a moron.. See ya on "The List".

This guy is a certifiable idiot. Rose is probably the best interviewer on television. I watch him frequently. He asks very good questions and allows his guests to speak without interruption. He includes a wide range of guests.

Interruptions are his stock in trade - and usually they're pointless. :lol:

Eg, here's a comment on Mr. Interruptus:

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/8781

His major faults include the long, meandering, self-indulgent questions that foreground "Charlie" and eat up time that properly belongs to the guest. It is impossible not to wonder, archly, if this is why the programme is called The Charlie Rose Show: it's about "Charlie".

The other key major fault is Rose's maladroitness at interruption: it is almost always an irritating failure that fractures the remarks by the guest in a rude manner.

Last edited:

Interruptions are his stock in trade - and usually they're pointless. :lol:

Citizen is correct. I remove your nomination to "The List". We do have our standards.

MORE:

Charlie Rose - A conversation with Carl Bernstein

Why does Charlie keep interrupting his guests?

It's such bad form.

If he is doing for a reason, to challenge them on a point or for some purpose, that's fine...but it often looks like he's trying to show off what he knows. I could really care less what he knows.

Compare this to Charlie's performance when he has lying politicians on- he interrupts them- but does he ever ask the REALLY HARD questions- no....but he has to ruin interviews like this by chatting away...

---------------------------------------------

I hate Charlie Rose! - Actuarial Outpost

Last night, in a tribute to the late writer, he was airing snippets of past interviews he had with Norman Mailer, and in each of those segments he would constantly -- as is his trademark -- interrupt his guest in mid-sentence with a follow-up question or comment, always ruining the guest's train of thought, and the point that they were trying to make. Very fustrating to the viewer -- and, I'm sure, even more so to his guest.

Google "charlie rose" interruptions -- there are a couple hundred thousand comments about Rose's hyper interruptions. :D

Whoa - got quiet all of a sudden. :D Just them crickets out there.

(chirp! chirp! chirp! chirp! chirp! chirp! chirp! chirp! chirp! chirp! chirp! chirp! )

I'd have to go with Tavis Smiley.

All the Lefty media boobs spout the usual talking points, memes, revised histories and straight up propaganda but Tavis does it differently than anyone else. No wink in his eye. No wry smile. No faux outrage. Tavis Smiley not only reports it all, he actually believes it all.

His idea of two sides to a story is left and further left. No outright lie about the right, capitalism or Republicans (big lie or small lie) has ever so much as raised a single hair on a single eyebrow of his dumb-ass head. Total muppet.

He is so bad at his job that it is actually fun to watch.

I'd have to go with Tavis Smiley.

All the Lefty media boobs spout the usual talking points, memes, revised histories and straight up propaganda but Tavis does it differently than anyone else. No wink in his eye. No wry smile. No faux outrage. Tavis Smiley not only reports it all, he actually believes it all.

His idea of two sides to a story is left and further left. No outright lie about the right, capitalism or Republicans (big lie or small lie) has ever so much as raised a single hair on a single eyebrow of his dumb-ass head. Total muppet.

He is so bad at his job that it is actually fun to watch.

Smiley is a moron. Notice all the Pee BS commentators are libs, unless you want to exclude RINO David Brooks. Too bad the republicans didn't succeed in cutting off government funding for Pee BS.

New Topics

Forum List

Back