Words are cheap, Jane Fonda

That's a good point. Why don't you check to make sure your statement is correct?

Otherwise, you are just blowing air out your ass.

You are stupid at times, truly limited.

Let's try again.

Show us that Jane Fonda never protested against the Khmer Rouge.

You show me where she did.

I can't find any protest related to the Khmer Rouge. And I have her protest page opened from her own website. And I remember those days vividly. I was a liberal.

And I can't remember jack shit being brought up over the Khmer Rouge.

You must remember Jane was a proud pro communist supporter. It would make sense that she would support Pol Pot.

In a 1970 address at Michigan State University Fonda gave a speech saying; "I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists."

That sort of lays it all out there in one sentence.

It's all at wiki. And no mention of her campaigning against the Communist Khmer Rouge.

Nada.

José;3886852 said:
Originally posted by Willow Tree
That's tough ain't it starkey larkey.. Grace lives in America,, she has a constitutional right to free speech. Fuck Hanoi Jane.

Political Chic, Willow Tree, California Girl, Grace, Caroljo, etc, etc...

If any of you ladies were my wife I would severely restrict your constitutional right to spew bulshit about the Vietnam War in a prehistoric kind of way. :D

Neg'd. In a prehistoric kind of way.

I found the transcript for the O'Reilly/Ted Turner interview that I wrote about in a previous post. Most interesting and it does link in Fonda.

O’Reilly brought up the holocaust that occurred in Southeast Asia after America abandoned the region to communist dictators, and pointed out that Turner did not use his media empire to shine any light on the roblem:

O’REILLY: I asked Ms. Fonda, "Didn’t it ever bother you that after all of your activism and getting America out of Vietnam which it subsequently did in the mid-70s, that three million human beings were slaughtered by the people that you were lionizing, the North Vietnamese and the Khmer Rouge communists, who wouldn’t have been slaughtered if we’d stayed, and their skulls were stacked up on top of one another, and I never heard a word from you, Jane Fonda, and I never heard a word from Ted Turner about that," and that, to me, is a good question.

TURNER: You got me. I didn’t really think about it. You know, it didn’t make the news very much at the time.

O’REILLY: No, it didn’t. And you had a vehicle that you could have had. The revisionist history is what I’m worried about here. I think America is a noble nation. I think we’ve made mistakes. I think we tried to have freedom in Vietnam for the South Vietnamese. Unfortunately, the government was corrupt. I don’t think that was a venal, terrible thing to do. I think we were trying to protect people there. Maybe I’m wrong. But afterward, there’s no doubt three million human beings were slaughtered, Jane Fonda said not a word. And to this day, she blames America for everything, and I think it’s wrong.

Read more: Turner Admits He Ignored Slaughter by Khmer Rouge Communists, Praises Castro Faster Than Bush | NewsBusters.org

Bullshit.

When did any American President apologize for Vietnam? It was a genocide. And a war crime.

yeah, she apologized once and now she says she never did anything against our government or our soldiers...ie..it never happened. How can anyone believe anything she says. Did you read the OP?

." I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us.""

Those are not the words of someone who is sorry for her actions.

You can save the presidents for another thread, this one is about the traitor Jane Fonda.

Jane Fonda did nothing wrong and is no traitor.

Pointing out genocide and war crimes makes you a hero.

Please tell me you aren't so stupid! She went to the Viet Cong. Our soldiers were dying. She did publicity photos for the ENEMY!!!! She called our own soldiers scum. When the POWs came back she said very bad things about them.

What "genocide" are you talking about? Do you know ANYTHING about the Vietnam war? Do you know ANYONE who served? Both my father and my brother served in that war. Have you talked to anyone that served in that war? Do you know about the women bringing BABIES into the American's camp. Babies, with bombs in their diapers? They left the babies and ran. Our soldiers died with THEIR babies and you say we committed genocide? What the heck are you talking about? If we committed genocide, how did they manage to win the war????? Just try thinking about what you are saying...

What kind of crap have you been fed and why one earth did you believe it?

I wouldn't justify that war/police action for anything, but calling what our soldiers did "genocide" while defending a traitor like Jane Fonda is not what I would call an educated opinion.

I lost people I loved in Vietnam. And have shared just a small bit of the pain and horror experienced by many who didn't die. Nobody with a brain exalts or wants war. It is one of the more cruel and insane activities of humankind and there is nothing to commend or defend fighting one. Unless not fighting it would be worse.

Many thought Korea was senseless. Many of us thought Vietnam was senseless. Many of us think we have no business fighting any war that has no clear objective, that we don't have any way to know we won, and/or when we have no intention of winning it. That was true of Vietnam, and I would not have faulted Jane Fonda for saying it. Off camera. To other Americans.

You don't say things like that and worse to the enemy in front of the world's cameras when we have boots on the ground in harm's way. When we have men being tortured in the enemy concentration camps. When we have an enemy that is encouraged by public dissent and keeps fighting because if the people aren't behind our army, then the enemy knows they can win.

Jane Fonda has never apologized for that. Until she does. . . .

So she was a traitor for opposing an unjust imperialistic war? Nice.

Nope, Jane Fonda is not a traitor for protesting the war. Indeed, it is the American way to protest war. All wars.

Personally, I am a Vietnam veteran who served in combat on a navy destroyer and I (and virtually all of my peers) were also against the war. In fact, growing up back then with a war going on and the draft hanging over our heads, most of us were against the war – big time. So get real.

Jane Fonda is a traitor for doing things like going on the air in Vietnam and encouraging our military to mutiny and desert. She is a traitor to America because she injected herself into the actual fighting of the war and attempted to use her celebrity to affect the outcome of the war (to America’s disadvantage).

So much of peoples souls wasted on hatred of a person who never did them any harm at all....

Who teaches all this hatred to people? People hate Jane who were mere babies when she did that stuff.

Politics seems to be very good at keeping fear and hatred alive.

Admittedly, there is still some hatred out there but the situation with Jane Fonda is more like a feeling of justice not done (kinda like with OJ or, more recently, Casey Anthony).

Every time things start to die down, Fonda opens her mouth and then the flood gates re-open.

Last edited:
So much of peoples souls wasted on hatred of a person who never did them any harm at all....

Who teaches all this hatred to people? People hate Jane who were mere babies when she did that stuff.

Admittedly, there is still some hatred out there but the situation with Jane Fonda is more like a feeling of justice not done (kinda like with OJ or, more recently, Casey Anthony).

Every time things start to die down, Fonda opens her mouth and then the flood gates re-open.

Now you're comparing Fonda to Simpson and Anthony? Pathetic...

Nope, I am just using them as an example as to why it’s not always about hatred (as some keep claiming).

There are a lot of people who will never give OJ or Casey a pass just like there are a lot of people who will never give Fonda a pass and hate does not really come into play with most of them.

To many, it's simply a matter of wanting to see justice done.

Nope, I am just using them as an example as to why it’s not always about hatred (as some keep claiming).

There are a lot of people who will never give OJ or Casey a pass just like there are a lot of people who will never give Fonda a pass and hate does not really come into play with most of them.

To many, it's simply a matter of wanting to see justice done.

What justice needs doing as far as Fonda is concerned? I don't agree with how she did what she did (but agree with some of her points), but she is not a traitor. If so, she wasn't charged....

You are stupid at times, truly limited.

Let's try again.

Show us that Jane Fonda never protested against the Khmer Rouge.

You show me where she did.

I can't find any protest related to the Khmer Rouge. And I have her protest page opened from her own website. And I remember those days vividly. I was a liberal.

And I can't remember jack shit being brought up over the Khmer Rouge.

You must remember Jane was a proud pro communist supporter. It would make sense that she would support Pol Pot.

In a 1970 address at Michigan State University Fonda gave a speech saying; "I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists."

That sort of lays it all out there in one sentence.

It's all at wiki. And no mention of her campaigning against the Communist Khmer Rouge.

Nada.

Your assertion, your requirement to prove it, not mine to disprove it until you have some evidence. And you ignore that the North Vietnamese put down the Khymer Rouge.

Jane Fonda did the wrong thing, in my opinion. However, despite what the less nuanced thinking displayed above in the thread reveal, she did not commit treason.

Last edited:
Get a life, Grace. Sheesh. I am a veteran, a lifetime member of the DAV. If I can let it go, I really don't want to hear it from you.

That's tough ain't it starkey larkey.. Grace lives in America,, she has a constitutional right to free speech. Fuck Hanoi Jane.

And Moscow Mollie spittles across the page. Grace has the right to be told she is an ungrateful American hysteriac. She can take the heat, or she can take the beat with her fat little feat.

Except if you tell her that it makes you a liar. Fuck Hanoi Jane.

And Moscow Mollie spittles across the page. Grace has the right to be told she is an ungrateful American hysteriac. She can take the heat, or she can take the beat with her fat little feat.

Except if you tell her that it makes you a liar. Fuck Hanoi Jane.

You have the right to complain, we all do, but I have to right to tell you are wrong.

You are wrong.

Odd how Hanoi Jane never protested the Khmer Rouge. You know Hanoi Jane the hero speaking out against genocide and war crimes...

Could it be because they were Communists?

Naw.

The Vietnamese took em out.

Wonder if Ol' Tricky Dick was proud he once supported them.

Seems conservatives could give a shit.

Let's be clear here. The vietnamese didn't topple the khmer rouge regime because they had a tender concern for the 1/3 of the population being killed by them, they did it because after the end of the vietnam war, the khmer rouge attacked vietnam. As for Nixon, he ended the war started by democrats.

Democrats? That's arguable. Eisenhower stopped a general election that would have seen a victory for Ho Chi Mihn.

And it doesn't matter "why' they took the Khmer Rouge out..they took them out. And Nixon ended the war after expanding it and killing over a million Vietnamese.

And he didn't end it because he wanted to, he ended it because of massive protests.

Vietnam has pretty much done right by it's people..it's got a vibrant and fast growing economy. Surprisingly enough..it didn't hold any malice against America either..for what was..a crime and a genocide.

Last edited:
José;3886852 said:
Political Chic, Willow Tree, California Girl, Grace, Caroljo, etc, etc...

If any of you ladies were my wife I would severely restrict your constitutional right to spew bulshit about the Vietnam War in a prehistoric kind of way. :D

I have my doubts a lady would be your wife. :doubt:

Naw.

The Vietnamese took em out.

Wonder if Ol' Tricky Dick was proud he once supported them.

Seems conservatives could give a shit.

Let's be clear here. The vietnamese didn't topple the khmer rouge regime because they had a tender concern for the 1/3 of the population being killed by them, they did it because after the end of the vietnam war, the khmer rouge attacked vietnam. As for Nixon, he ended the war started by democrats.

Democrats? That's arguable. Eisenhower stopped a general election that would have seen a victory for Ho Chi Mihn.

And it doesn't matter "why' they took the Khmer Rouge out..they took them out. And Nixon ended the war after expanding it and killing over a million Vietnamese.

And he didn't end it because he wanted to, he ended it because of massive protests.

Vietnam has pretty much done right by it's people..it's got a vibrant and fast growing economy. Surprisingly enough..it didn't hold any malice against America either..for what was..a crime and a genocide.

it's not arguable whatsoever that Democrats sent in troops. Eisenhower only had advisors in place.

Here's a BBC timeline so we can start to talk TRUTH and not revisionist history.

A chronology of key events:

1930 - Ho Chi Minh founds the Indochinese Communist Party (ICP).

1941 - ICP organises a guerrilla force, Viet Minh, in response to invasion by Japan during World War II.

1945 - The Viet Minh seizes power. Ho Chi Minh announces Vietnam's independence.

1946 - French forces attack Viet Minh in Haiphong in November, sparking the war of resistance against the colonial power.

1950 - Democratic Republic of Vietnam is recognised by China and USSR.

1954 - Viet Minh forces attack an isolated French military outpost in the town of Dien Bien Phu. The attempt to take the outpost lasts two months, during which time the French government agrees to peace talks in Geneva. At the Geneva conference, Vietnam is split into North and South at the 17th Parallel.

1956 - South Vietnamese President Ngo Dinh Diem begins campaign against political dissidents.

1957 - Beginning of Communist insurgency in the South.

1959 - Weapons and men from North Vietnam begin infiltrating the South.

1960 - American aid to Diem increased.

1962 - Number of US military advisors in South Vietnam rises to 12,000.

1963 - Viet Cong, the communist guerrillas operating in South Vietnam, defeat units of the ARVN, the South Vietnamese Army. President Diem is overthrown.

US enters the war NOW LET'S SEE....WHO WAS PRESIDENT?

1964 - US destroyer allegedly attacked by North Vietnamese patrol boats. This triggers start of pre-planned American bombing raids on North Vietnam.

1965 - 200,000 American combat troops arrive in South Vietnam.

1966 - US troop numbers in Vietnam rise to 400,000, then to 500,000 the following year.

1968 - Tet Offensive - a combined assault by Viet Cong and the North Vietnamese army on US positions - begins. More than 500 civilians die in the US massacre at My Lai.

1969 - Ho Chi Minh dies. President Nixon begins to reduce US ground troops in Vietnam as domestic public opposition to the war grows.

1970 - Nixon's national security advisor, Henry Kissinger, and Le Duc Tho, for the Hanoi government, start talks in Paris.

1973 - Ceasefire agreement in Paris, US troop pull-out completed by March.

1975 - North Vietnamese troops invade South Vietnam and take control of the whole country after South Vietnamese President Duong Van Minh surrenders.

Eisenhower sent in military advisers and trainers immediately after the division in 1954. He increased those numbers and the $$$ over the years until he left early in 1961. He encouraged JFK to continue it and expand.

I encourage you to know your history, tinydancer.

It has been said how great things turned out for the people of Vietnam, well that depends:

The people Vietnam are not free they are slaves. They do not control their government, their government controls them without their consent. If they wish to be slaves that is fine as long as they do not threaten my freedom and the freedom of my people.

Perhaps they are meant to be slaves; perhaps not all people are capable of freedom; that is what my ancestors believed.

If you want to be a communist slave enjoy your slavery, but if you are thinking of imposing it on my people you can expect war or at least a brutal insurgency.

Contrary to what you might think I am not a conservative but a moderate; however, I found during the Cold War that conservatives were the best allies of freedom.

“Live free or die.” Why do liberals hate that motto?

Treason? Now the Reagan administration commited treason. Govt employees dealing weapons to an avowed enemy of the USA.

It has been said how great things turned out for the people of Vietnam, well that depends:

The people Vietnam are not free they are slaves. They do not control their government, their government controls them without their consent. If they wish to be slaves that is fine as long as they do not threaten my freedom and the freedom of my people.

Perhaps they are meant to be slaves; perhaps not all people are capable of freedom; that is what my ancestors believed.

If you want to be a communist slave enjoy your slavery, but if you are thinking of imposing it on my people you can expect war or at least a brutal insurgency.

Contrary to what you might think I am not a conservative but a moderate; however, I found during the Cold War that conservatives were the best allies of freedom.

“Live free or die.” Why do liberals hate that motto?

American policymakers thought democratic elections in Vietnam would result in an 80% vote for Ho Chi Minh and therefore blocked elections in the south of the country.

democratic elections in Vietnam would result in an 80% vote for Ho Chi Minh

Background to the Vietnam War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back