Women In The Military Should ‘Expect’ To Be Raped

R

rdean

But Fox News contributor Liz Trotta’s commentary on the matter took the issue to a whole other level

Just to clarify, Trotta complained about government supporting women who have been “raped too much,” a statement seeming to imply that there is an acceptable amount of rape one can or should endure in order to prevent more layers of bureaucracy from swooping in to help out.

Read more: Fox Pundit Says Women In The Military Should 'Expect' To Be Raped

WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum on Friday said he thinks it would be wrong to allow women to serve in combat.

Santorum: Women shouldn’t serve in combat - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

---------------------------------------------------

These right wingers. Either women can be raped "too much". Or women shouldn't serve because men will be subjected to a "natural instinct" when it comes to women.

Then there's the Santorum staffer that said:

Rival presidential candidate Rick Santorum’s Iowa coalitions director, Jamie Johnson, sent out an email saying that children’s lives would be harmed if the nation had a female president. [...]
“The question then comes, ‘Is it God’s highest desire, that is, his biblically expressed will, … to have a woman rule the institutions of the family, the church, and the state?’ ” Johnson’s email said.

Santorum Staffer Says Women Shouldn't Be President Because It's Against God's Will

These Republicans. They are certainly "something special".

Soros is pretty busy these days. Not only is Media Matters advising the president but they are constantly ready for the juicy Fox quotes they can spin into a left wing story. Trotta said what the mainstream media should be saying. The Pentagon discovered that men and women are different. I'd add that the pregnancy rate aboard US ships is stunning and that every pregnant sailor who es evacuated leaves a gap in the readiness not to mention a mini sexual soap opera. Trotta is not trying to ridicule women in the Military, she is trying to protect them from harm with information and statistics when the Pentagon apparently refuses to acknowledge the difference between men and women. Who in their right mind thinks that placing women in combat situations is a good idea and reflects well on the condition of the Republic?

Soros is pretty busy these days. Not only is Media Matters advising the president but they are constantly ready for the juicy Fox quotes they can spin into a left wing story. Trotta said what the mainstream media should be saying. The Pentagon discovered that men and women are different. I'd add that the pregnancy rate aboard US ships is stunning and that every pregnant sailor who es evacuated leaves a gap in the readiness not to mention a mini sexual soap opera. Trotta is not trying to ridicule women in the Military, she is trying to protect them from harm with information and statistics when the Pentagon apparently refuses to acknowledge the difference between men and women. Who in their right mind thinks that placing women in combat situations is a good idea and reflects well on the condition of the Republic?

Do you have a link? I would be really interested in reading about that.

I think her point was that rapes are happening to often.

I think should check out what other countries with large numbers of women in combat roles do to alleviate the problem. But I think the US is the country with women being given the largest roles.

As women become a larger percentage of the combat troops, we need to recognize the realities of life where the women are working and what stresses and issues these changing roles create.

There have been women in military roles since the Revolution. Does the name Molly Pitcher ring a bell? But with the changing nature of war and the changing nature of society a very large and violent organization has to come to terms with problems that the people in charge (as Ms Trotta suggests) aren't really interested in addressing honestly.

I also think your thread title to be dishonest. No woman should expect to be raped. However we are putting women into places and responsibilities without thinking ahead of time what is in the best interest of both the soldiers and the institution. Nor are we thinking ahead as we ought on how deal with the new realities.

Bear in mind the folks who don't want women in combat areas are saying that the big danger of rape exists in those areas. If women weren't there, they wouldn't become targets.

I also think your thread title to be dishonest. No woman should expect to be raped. However we are putting women into places and responsibilities without thinking ahead of time what is in the best interest of both the soldiers and the institution. Nor are we thinking ahead as we ought on how deal with the new realities.

Bear in mind the folks who don't want women in combat areas are saying that the big danger of rape exists in those areas. If women weren't there, they wouldn't become targets.

Targets to who?

(playing devils advocate here)

I think Trotta badly communicated her view; which I think is that if you put women into combat roles they'll be exposed to a greater risk of rape. Not that they should expect to be raped, but WE should expect the number of rapes to go up, i.e., raped too much. I will say this isn't the first time she's said something controversial, either by accident or on purpose.

I think her point was that rapes are happening to often.

I think should check out what other countries with large numbers of women in combat roles do to alleviate the problem. But I think the US is the country with women being given the largest roles.

As women become a larger percentage of the combat troops, we need to recognize the realities of life where the women are working and what stresses and issues these changing roles create.

There have been women in military roles since the Revolution. Does the name Molly Pitcher ring a bell? But with the changing nature of war and the changing nature of society a very large and violent organization has to come to terms with problems that the people in charge (as Ms Trotta suggests) aren't really interested in addressing honestly.
I believe you'll find that in every example of women serving alongside men under combat conditions without such demonstrative assertions of masculinity as forcible rape, the pivotal factor for such acceptance has been that of absolute necessity. The American Revolution and the defense of Stalingrad are two prominent examples of such a circumstance. Women serving under arms as a last resort eliminates any grounds for challenge or resentment.

There is absolutely no necessity for women to serve alongside men in combat line companies in today's U.S. military. For them to do so brazenly invites rape. Because except for the prison milieu there is no more macho environment than that of a military line company. And while not every man is inclined to assert his masculinity at the level of forcible rape the percentage of those who are is sufficient to make this type of integration a very bad idea.

Women should not serve under arms while there are able-bodied men available for the task.

Last edited:
I think even Israel, which conscripts all women has clearly defined roles where women go and where men go and they don't go together. Women are mostly logistics, border patrol, special training.

If they're dumb enough to sell their souls, send them to the front complete with flag patch and G.I.tag :cuckoo:

But Fox News contributor Liz Trotta’s commentary on the matter took the issue to a whole other level

Just to clarify, Trotta complained about government supporting women who have been “raped too much,” a statement seeming to imply that there is an acceptable amount of rape one can or should endure in order to prevent more layers of bureaucracy from swooping in to help out.

Read more: Fox Pundit Says Women In The Military Should 'Expect' To Be Raped

WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum on Friday said he thinks it would be wrong to allow women to serve in combat.

Santorum: Women shouldn’t serve in combat - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

---------------------------------------------------

These right wingers. Either women can be raped "too much". Or women shouldn't serve because men will be subjected to a "natural instinct" when it comes to women.

Then there's the Santorum staffer that said:

Rival presidential candidate Rick Santorum’s Iowa coalitions director, Jamie Johnson, sent out an email saying that children’s lives would be harmed if the nation had a female president. [...]
“The question then comes, ‘Is it God’s highest desire, that is, his biblically expressed will, … to have a woman rule the institutions of the family, the church, and the state?’ ” Johnson’s email said.

Santorum Staffer Says Women Shouldn't Be President Because It's Against God's Will

These Republicans. They are certainly "something special".

What does this have to do with any Republican?

These new rules are taking place under Obama, not some Republican.

Why don't you blame Obama for any rapes. He's the CIC after all.

TROTTA: But while all of this is going on, just a few weeks ago, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta commented on a new Pentagon report on sexual abuse in the military. I think they have actually discovered there is a difference between men and women. And the sexual abuse report says that there has been, since 2006, a 64% increase in violent sexual assaults. Now, what did they expect? These people are in close contact, the whole airing of this issue has never been done by Congress, it’s strictly been a question of pressure from the feminist.

And the feminists have also directed them, really, to spend a lot of money. They have sexual counselors all over the place, victims’ advocates, sexual response coordinators. … So, you have this whole bureaucracy upon bureaucracy being built up with all kinds of levels of people to support women in the military who are now being raped too much.

Read more: Fox Pundit Says Women In The Military Should 'Expect' To Be Raped | Care2 Causes

Do you on the right ever tire of lying?

Tell me why you think there is no way to teach American male military members NOT to rape their fellow soldiers?

Forum List

Back