With permission requested from Mods: a re-post with new commentary - yes, an American brigade should be forward posted in Poland

No, we would not. Our iron shield reaches out into the Pacific and Atlantic. Russia does not have one.
Even if it were true that we could ensure that we wouldn't be hit by ICBM's (which it isnt), a nuclear attack by anyone is a losing proposition for everyone. You do understand that right?

Russia would die period if they attacked with nukes.
Definitely no. Actually, we can't "overkill" all Russian system of targets even in "Mad Butcher" scenario (the case of our suicidal out of blue attack exclusively against sleeping Russian cities), which is, as you understand, totally impossible. And, in the case of the Russian attack, the USA will seek the opportunity to finish the nuclear exchange on the lowest possible level. And if it means more or less acceptable peace - it will be.

You see... To defeat the Russians we need at least matching nuclear forces to be able survive WWIII, win WWIII and prevail in post-WWIII world. Right now the Russians can win any game by simply raising the bets.
So you fear nuclear events? Sounds as if you pull for Russia this time.

Definitely no. Actually, we can't "overkill" all Russian system of targets even in "Mad Butcher" scenario (the case of our suicidal out of blue attack exclusively against sleeping Russian cities), which is, as you understand, totally impossible. And, in the case of the Russian attack, the USA will seek the opportunity to finish the nuclear exchange on the lowest possible level. And if it means more or less acceptable peace - it will be.
Russia has already had dozens of chances to use nuclear weapons and yet has not used any. Are you a fan of Russia or simply admire their numbers of weapons?

Russia has already had dozens of chances to use nuclear weapons and yet has not used any. Are you a fan of Russia or simply admire their numbers of weapons?
I definitely admire Russia, their culture, their people and even their leadership. They are interesting people by themselves, but what is even more important, they avoided our mistakes. They understand that reality is important.

I definitely admire Russia, their culture, their people and even their leadership. They are interesting people by themselves, but what is even more important, they avoided our mistakes. They understand that reality is important.
I have met in person a Teacher of mine in College who was raised in Russia, a man who escaped Russia and lived in China, a man who was raised in Ukraine who had been a Soviet officer and heard stories from all of them. It surprises me you admire Putin. The Teacher was hunting game one day and when he came back home, his entire family had been executed so he left Russia for China.

I have met in person a Teacher of mine in College who was raised in Russia, a man who escaped Russia and lived in China, a man who was raised in Ukraine who had been a Soviet officer and heard stories from all of them. It surprises me you admire Putin. The Teacher was hunting game one day and when he came back home, his entire family had been executed so he left Russia for China.
Yeap. That's the common problem. The lack of expertise and plenty of bogeymen stories from immigrants. Real Russia and real Russians are pretty different.

Yeap. That's the common problem. The lack of expertise and plenty of bogeymen stories from immigrants. Real Russia and real Russians are pretty different.
I would believe the typical Russian is fine. It is the leaders I worry about. I did not mention it but I also met a woman who came from the Moscow area after she married a friend of mine. I did not get the opportunity to talk much to her.

I would believe the typical Russian is fine. It is the leaders I worry about. I did not mention it but I also met a woman who came from the Moscow area after she married a friend of mine. I did not get the opportunity to talk much to her.
Their leaders are not nice boys, of course, but they are pretty understandable.

Their leaders are not nice boys, of course, but they are pretty understandable.
I wish now I had asked the Russian woman who married a friend of mine about Putin. I know he will dictate to Russia until he dies.

I wish now I had asked the Russian woman who married a friend of mine about Putin. I know he will dictate to Russia until he dies.
Putin is not an evil wizard, and the Russians are not an army of zombies.

Putin is merely a representative of the Russians. He do what the Russians want him to do.

Putin is not an evil wizard, and the Russians are not an army of zombies.

Putin is merely a representative of the Russians. He do what the Russians want him to do.
I expect his fans to defend him. I recall when Hitler's fans defended him too.

I'm not his fan. But I definitely respect him for he is doing his job, and doing it quite well. What is more important, most of the Russians respect him.
Is your source the Russian press? For your purposes, do you believe the Russian citizens want Putin's war against Ukraine?

Forum List

Back