• Occasionally aggressive, but mostly an equal give & take

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Mostly submissive, but occasionally aggressive to keep it spicy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Submissive

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
-Cp said:
Even tho this thread has been completely derailed....

It does make one wonder why folks even bother saying vows on their wedding day? I mean really... who do you know that has kept them to the "t"?
What gives? First you aren't happy because I mentioned cheating and now you're not happy because I agree with you that broken vows adulterate a marriage.

Marriage is a very important step. And making a vow before God & witnesses is serious business. But we are human beings, and we fall short. But if 2 people are serious about a marriage and meeting the needs of each, there is little room for a 3rd to intrude.

I, ________, take thee ______, to be my wedded wife/husband,
to have an to hold from this day forward, for better for worse,
for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish,
'til death do us part, according to God’s ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my troth.

Joz said:
What gives? First you aren't happy because I mentioned cheating and now you're not happy because I agree with you that broken vows adulterate a marriage.

Marriage is a very important step. And making a vow before God & witnesses is serious business. But we are human beings, and we fall short. But if 2 people are serious about a marriage and meeting the needs of each, there is little room for a 3rd to intrude.

'til death do us part, according to God’s ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my troth.

What gives with you assuming I wasn't happy in the first or second place? LOL.. jeesh...

Was just making points that's all..

Joz said:

If I get married again, our vows will be in l33t speak or ebonics.

1, ________, 74|<3 7|-|33 ______, 70 b3 /\/\'/ \/\/3DD3D \/\/1Ph3/|-|U5B4|\|D, 70 |-|4\/3 4|\| 70 |-|0LD PhR0/\/\ 7|-|15 d4'/ Ph0R\/\/4RD, Ph0R b3773R Ph0R \/\/0R53, Ph0R r1(|-|3R 0R Ph0R p00R3R, 1|\| 51(|<|\|355 4|\|D 1|\| |-|34L7|-|, 70 L0\/3 4|\|D 70 (|-|3R15|-|, '71L d347|-| d0 U5 p4R7, 4((0RD1|\|9 70 90D’5 0RD1|\|4|\|(3; 4|\|D 7|-|3R370 1 pL3D93 7|-|33 /\/\'/ 7R07|-|.

or

I, ________, take thee ______, ta be muh ma fuckin wedded wife/husband,
ta gots an ta hold from dis here day forward, fo' bettah fo' worse,
fo' richer or fo' poorer, in sickness an' in health, ta love an' ta cherish,
'til death do us part, according ta God’s ordinance; an' thereto I pledge thee muh ma fuckin troth. just like mammy n'shit.

-Cp said:
What gives with you assuming I wasn't happy in the first or second place? LOL.. jeesh...

Was just making points that's all..
I guess it was your tone. :eek:

dmp said:
If I get married again, our vows will be in l33t speak or ebonics.

Darin... I'm speechless! That's so beautiful! Especially the ebonics version. It's just... just... Oh someone give me a tissue! :cry:

:D

-Cp said:
What about the woman who cheated on him emotionally - thus openening the door for him to start looking elsewhere?

Howcome the actual act of having sex w/ another woman/man iweighs heavier than the other vows that were broken from the other person?

The whole concept of "cheating" should mean that we've cheated on our spouse with regards to breaking of vows we made while standing at the altar getting married.

It's a bit odd how this culture looks to the outward expression (e.g. sex w/ someone other than your spouse) as "cheating". I'm not here to say that it isn't, to the contrary - however, I think if that's happening then chances are the other spouse was cheating on them first albeit emotionally, physically or in some other form of a broken wedding vow..

We really are in need a good defintion of "cheating" here arent we?

Bonnie said:
My very best friend D got married to her husband with the intention of eventually having a family. After 10 years of her supporting him financially with her Masters and him floating from one job to the next, she realized he was never going to get his sh-t together..because he didn't want to grow up and have to support and provide for a family. she left him.

Just my opinion, when your a teenager a nice car your boy friend may have is coool, when you grow up and get serious you look for a man that can offer security and stability in your life especially if it is your intention to have a family. I think sometimes that gets lost on men in the translation, and women come across as gold diggers, or shallow. But men are wired to be providers by (God or nature if you like). Men for the most part take great pride in providing for their families., it's what makes them feel sucessful.

I have no problem providing for a woman. atleast i wont once i get a lucrative offer as a lawyer next year:-d

But its a shame its difficult to find good woman to compliment me (as in complete not in flatter)

Bonnie said:
In a nutshell we as a society have no clear boundaries of what "cheating actually means" and we do leave the door wide open with the behavior we conduct ourselves with and with our mates. The meaning of "keep thyself only unto each other" seems to disintegrate after the wedding. :dunno:

It doesn't---it disintegrates in relationships too---no wedding necessary. If I call you a cheater are you one just because I said so?

dilloduck said:
We really are in need a good defintion of "cheating" here arent we?

I think this sums it up:

To act dishonestly; practice fraud.
To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.

Anyone who violates a vow - by this definition - would be cheating...

-Cp said:
I think this sums it up:

To act dishonestly; practice fraud.
To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.

Anyone who violates a vow - by this definition - would be cheating...

So a good thing would be to establish what the rules are before playing?

dilloduck said:
So a good thing would be to establish what the rules are before playing?
Someome already did. There are 10 of them.

I have no problem providing for a woman. atleast i wont once i get a lucrative offer as a lawyer next year:-d

But its a shame its difficult to find good woman to compliment me (as in complete not in flatter)

You mean find an equal to you? I get that. Most people are looking for that I think??

dilloduck said:
It doesn't---it disintegrates in relationships too---no wedding necessary. If I call you a cheater are you one just because I said so?

That's why it's always best to get the terms straight before purchase ;)

Joz said:

I did. Really! Well I guess the 'cherish' part got trashed about 6 months before I filed. :laugh:

Said1 said:
But how many cheating men go back if given the chance? Bizzare.

We've all known an "office tramp" or two, they have ego "problems" themselves.

No sheiit! Ran into the ex the other night at daughter's performance. Haven't seen or spoken to him other than to get one of the kids on the phone in the past 2 years, (since the youngest turned 18. ;) ) Lo and behold, a message on the machine last night, "Call me, if you want..." LOL! I. think. NOT. Gee he's married with 2 little kids, I was with my 'friend.' For crying out loud, it's been over 10 year! It has gotten better, he used to call all the time. :rolleyes:

Methinks the leopard hasn't changed his spots!

Kathianne said:
No sheiit! Ran into the ex the other night at daughter's performance. Haven't seen or spoken to him other than to get one of the kids on the phone in the past 2 years, (since the youngest turned 18. ;) ) Lo and behold, a message on the machine last night, "Call me, if you want..." LOL! I. think. NOT. Gee he's married with 2 little kids, I was with my 'friend.' For crying out loud, it's been over 10 year! It has gotten better, he used to call all the time. :rolleyes:

Methinks the leopard hasn't changed his spots!

He still wants you !!

Forum List

Back