Women are yapping about equal pay again?

That is the first thing I always think of, how is this pay stat computed?

My oldest daughter makes very good money but has continually turned down more as she wants no part of the extra hours and travel as she is a young mom. How is that factored in? Is that being paid less?

There are just sooooooo many differences between men and women that effect when women work and why as compared to men.
I agree the caregiver issue is probably the primary one. I don't know what other types of "differences" you are talking about.

Physical strength? Come on, you can't not know about this.

It makes a big difference in the workplace for many jobs.

Also, how about interests? Women and men do not equally gravitate toward the same jobs.
Physical strength makes me think of construction jobs. Which require no college investment at all. Yet on average, construction workers make much more than daycare providers. Why is that? I think it has to do with the fact that construction workers are generally men and daycare providers are typically women.
or it could be construction work is harder and women cant do the job and dont want too
"Harder?" Requires more strength, yes. Try taking care of children ages 6 mos. through 4 years for a day. Putting on a roof is not "harder," it is different. Is it more important to put on a roof than to keep your child safe and happy for the day while you work?

With all respect, it is harder.

You are getting a bit carried away, IMHO.

My oldest daughter makes very good money but has continually turned down more as she wants no part of the extra hours and travel as she is a young mom. How is that factored in? Is that being paid less?

There are just sooooooo many differences between men and women that effect when women work and why as compared to men.
I agree the caregiver issue is probably the primary one. I don't know what other types of "differences" you are talking about.

Also, how about interests? Women and men do not equally gravitate toward the same jobs.
Physical strength makes me think of construction jobs. Which require no college investment at all. Yet on average, construction workers make much more than daycare providers. Why is that? I think it has to do with the fact that construction workers are generally men and daycare providers are typically women.
or it could be construction work is harder and women cant do the job and dont want too
"Harder?" Requires more strength, yes. Try taking care of children ages 6 mos. through 4 years for a day. Putting on a roof is not "harder," it is different. Is it more important to put on a roof than to keep your child safe and happy for the day while you work?
sorry but I've taken care of children and I would rather do that all day than do construction work

women need top stop their bitching or get out there and provide the hard things men have been providing for centuries

sorry but I've taken care of children and I would rather do that all day than do construction work

women need top stop their bitching or get out there and provide the hard things men have been providing for centuries
You and OP are both using the tired old line that because men are stronger they should make more, be entitled to more opportunities (like in the military), etc. Horseshit

You and OP are both using the tired old line that because men are stronger they should make more, be entitled to more opportunities (like in the military), etc. Horseshit
I never said or implied that,,,
but its past time that women stop bitching when it is they that benefit from the hard work only some men can do

I have so had it with the Democrats and the ridiculous issues they champion.

In my entire career I have never seen a women paid less.

In my entire career, I have never seen a women not get preferential treatment based solely on their sex.

In fact, as far as pay, I have only seen women get the same or better pay than men.

WTF did I miss in my 45 years in the workplace?

How many message boards did you paste this on?

IMG_0551.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the real issue is "pink collar jobs" like social work and teaching that are predominantly women and despite the required 5 years of college and additional credentialing, licensing, etc., they get paid far less than men in other predominantly "male" occupations.

I dunno. Just a thought.

It's been illegal to pay women less for the same work for ages.

I work construction. Physically demanding and dangerous. Better have a stomach for heights and crappy weather. Most men can't cut it and I see very few women except the burly gals.

I wonder if the real issue is "pink collar jobs" like social work and teaching that are predominantly women and despite the required 5 years of college and additional credentialing, licensing, etc., they get paid far less than men in other predominantly "male" occupations.

I dunno. Just a thought.

I work construction. Physically demanding and dangerous. Better have a stomach for heights and crappy weather. Most men can't cut it and I see very few women except the burly gals.
I respect that. It is for strong, outdoor types. So jobs that are physically demanding should pay more, you say. I know a lot of men who do that type of work. I certainly appreciate those skills. I just don't understand, still, why you think it is worth almost twice as much as a daycare provider that you trust with your child all day.

I dunno. Just a thought.

There is some risk involved in construction.

What makes you reach that conclusion other than bias? Have you considered the fact that construction jobs are far more labor intense and far more dangerous? Over 95% of on the job deaths involve men.

Actually it is not. Ask the East Asians, they are laughing at us.

In my entire career, I have never seen a women not get preferential treatment based solely on their sex.

In fact, as far as pay, I have only seen women get the same or better pay than men.

Unusual, but your experience doesn't matter that much. Plenty of women have seen those things.
True anecdotal evidence means nothing

However it is long since a proven fact that the gender pay gap is spin and mythology.

There is an income gap between the average man and the average woman but it is the result of individual personal choices.

There is no job where men get paid more simply for being a man.

There are however a few occupations where women get paid more than men who they do the exact same work side by side with. Because they are female.

I have seen women get preferential treatment based on their sex alone and it endangered the public at large to do so. Equal pay for equal work as long as it's truly equal work. Otherwise it's just plain wrong.

Here's the thing: TODAY, when a man and a woman get hired, unless there is a clear distinction between what the man is hired to do and the woman is hired to do, the pay will be approximately equal. There is data to the effect that for recent grads with comparable degrees, women are getting MORE than men with the "same" credentials.

So for millennials and other young 'uns, they have essentially nothing to complain about. The "seventy-seven cent" myth is based on gross numbers, and makes no allowances for hours worked, experience, responsibility, or the economic value of the work done.

But for women who entered the work force before '95 or so, they were placed in career paths that were lower than men of comparable credentials. This was because it was felt that a woman does not have the same dedication to the job. She will not work 60 hours a week, she will take days off when HER KIDS GET SICK, she will decline relocation to advance her career, she will shy away from overnight travel because there is a problem with the babysitter, she will take months at a time away from work to procreate, and so on. All true but it is now considered "unfair" to take these real factors into account when assessing a potential employee. Further, today's young women care less for family and kids, so maybe the real drawbacks of female employment of yesteryear are fading away.

My wife started with a major bank in 1975, having a degree, with honors, in "Education." She started as a teller, and had no real chance to get into management for 8-10 years after she started. She had a fine career, but never caught up, compensation wise, either annually or cumulatively. Her Brother, started with the same bank at the same time and was put into a management training program, based on no work experience and a degree in PoliSci - no honors whatsoever. By mid-career, she had passed him up in the food chain, but she NEVER caught a break for being a woman. Much the opposite. She had to prove herself again and again, where men going to the same positions were presumed to be competent and capable.

The story is complicated, but as I opine above, TODAY's women have not a thing to complain about.

Unusual, but your experience doesn't matter that much. Plenty of women have seen those things.

However it is long since a proven fact that the gender pay gap is spin and mythology.

There is an income gap between the average man and the average woman but it is the result of individual personal choices.

There are however a few occupations where women get paid more than men who they do the exact same work side by side with. Because they are female.

Do you have a credible link to that proof, or did you just pull it out of your ass?

How many message boards did you paste this on?

View attachment 253623

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good find. Is Cult45 recycling their talking points? Is this email forwarding 2.0?

I respect that. It is for strong, outdoor types. So jobs that are physically demanding should pay more, you say. I know a lot of men who do that type of work. I certainly appreciate those skills. I just don't understand, still, why you think it is worth almost twice as much as a daycare provider that you trust with your child all day.

Off the top of my head, because of the chances of disability/death from a construction related accident, for one.

Do you have a credible link to that proof, or did you just pull it out of your ass?
It is long since proven by the labor department and all empirical evidence.

The fact is this men tend to make different choices than women which results I. More income

For example men take jobs which pay more but require greater sacrifice such as over the road truck drivers who spend days weeks even months away from home. They get laid great but the vast majority are men

Men work more hours than women especially overtime hours. This is why it is an income gap not a lay gap. Any two or more employees might we'll make the same pay but the ones working over time will have fatter paychecks , or income , than those who work 40 hours or less.

The list goes on but it is LONG since proven the pay gap is a myth and spin. The happy is based on individual choices.

It is feminist crap which does not exist.

It is easy to prove wrong but cannot be. If it is false find any job or occupation where equally qualified men and women do the exact same thing side by side but get paid different

You cannot find any such in they DO NOT exist.

Deal with it

The OP never said such a thing. Don't be a liar.

I never said men should be paid more. I am just tired of women bitching when there is no reason for them to bitch.

It's 70 years since this was an issue.
My whole life women were pushed to the front of the line and now we see women paid more than men for the same jobs out of college. But still the Trump like victimization.

Is there anyone on the entire planet that is not a victim? Good grief.

Forum List

Back