Women are yapping about equal pay again?

noonereal

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2009
I have so had it with the Democrats and the ridiculous issues they champion.

In my entire career I have never seen a women paid less.

In my entire career, I have never seen a women not get preferential treatment based solely on their sex.

In fact, as far as pay, I have only seen women get the same or better pay than men.

WTF did I miss in my 45 years in the workplace?

after 45 yrs on the job site I have only seen 2 women step up and do the work of a man,,or should I sat attempt to do the work of men

At one of my sisters' work, people get paid based on the job they are doing--specifically the machine they are operating at the time. Doesn't matter if you have been there a month or 30 years and doesn't matter your race, gender, sexuality, or national origin. They have a card that they have to use to log into and log out of the machine they are on as people move about from time to time. There isn't a huge variation between machines in the grand scheme of things, but some pay more than others as they require more work than others. I used to think this was silly. I now think it is brilliant.

In my entire career, I have never seen a women not get preferential treatment based solely on their sex.

In fact, as far as pay, I have only seen women get the same or better pay than men.

Unusual, but your experience doesn't matter that much. Plenty of women have seen those things.

Unusual, but your experience doesn't matter that much. Plenty of women have seen those things.

Have seen what things? How they always get the nod? Always get the "softer" job?

Just what things do they have seen?

I wonder if the real issue is "pink collar jobs" like social work and teaching that are predominantly women and despite the required 5 years of college and additional credentialing, licensing, etc., they get paid far less than men in other predominantly "male" occupations.

I dunno. Just a thought.

It's been illegal to pay women less for the same work for ages.

I wonder if the real issue is "pink collar jobs" like social work and teaching that are predominantly women and despite the required 5 years of college and additional credentialing, licensing, etc., they get paid far less than men in other predominantly "male" occupations.

I dunno. Just a thought.

That is the first thing I always think of, how is this pay stat computed?

My oldest daughter makes very good money but has continually turned down more as she wants no part of the extra hours and travel as she is a young mom. How is that factored in? Is that being paid less?

There are just sooooooo many differences between men and women that effect when women work and why as compared to men.

I dunno. Just a thought.

My oldest daughter makes very good money but has continually turned down more as she wants no part of the extra hours and travel as she is a young mom. How is that factored in? Is that being paid less?

There are just sooooooo many differences between men and women that effect when women work and why as compared to men.
I agree the caregiver issue is probably the primary one. I don't know what other types of "differences" you are talking about.

I dunno. Just a thought.

I agree the caregiver issue is probably the primary one. I don't know what other types of "differences" you are talking about.

Physical strength? Come on, you can't not know about this.

It makes a big difference in the workplace for many jobs.

Also, how about interests? Women and men do not equally gravitate toward the same jobs.

I dunno. Just a thought.

Also, how about interests? Women and men do not equally gravitate toward the same jobs.
Physical strength makes me think of construction jobs. Which require no college investment at all. Yet on average, construction workers make much more than daycare providers. Why is that? I think it has to do with the fact that construction workers are generally men and daycare providers are typically women.

I dunno. Just a thought.

Physical strength makes me think of construction jobs. Which require no college investment at all. Yet on average, construction workers make much more than daycare providers. Why is that? I think it has to do with the fact that construction workers are generally men and daycare providers are typically women.
or it could be construction work is harder and women cant do the job and dont want too

I dunno. Just a thought.

Honest? You really just said this? Come on.

I dunno. Just a thought.

The origin behind nurses, secretaries, and teachers not getting paid well for the education they are required to get is because they were traditionally women's jobs.

The origin behind nurses, secretaries, and teachers not getting paid well for the education they are required to get is because they were traditionally women's jobs.

They are all well paid positions today, so what is the point?

Exactly. We do not want to perpetuate the idea that women have a place working outside the home instead of embracing their proper place a housewives and mothers.

I dunno. Just a thought.

or it could be construction work is harder and women cant do the job and dont want too
"Harder?" Requires more strength, yes. Try taking care of children ages 6 mos. through 4 years for a day. Putting on a roof is not "harder," it is different. Is it more important to put on a roof than to keep your child safe and happy for the day while you work?

Forum List

Back