Women are yapping about equal pay again?

I wonder if the real issue is "pink collar jobs" like social work and teaching that are predominantly women and despite the required 5 years of college and additional credentialing, licensing, etc., they get paid far less than men in other predominantly "male" occupations.

I dunno. Just a thought.

It's been illegal to pay women less for the same work for ages.

That is the first thing I always think of, how is this pay stat computed?

My oldest daughter makes very good money but has continually turned down more as she wants no part of the extra hours and travel as she is a young mom. How is that factored in? Is that being paid less?

There are just sooooooo many differences between men and women that effect when women work and why as compared to men.
I agree the caregiver issue is probably the primary one. I don't know what other types of "differences" you are talking about.

Physical strength? Come on, you can't not know about this.

It makes a big difference in the workplace for many jobs.

Also, how about interests? Women and men do not equally gravitate toward the same jobs.
Physical strength makes me think of construction jobs. Which require no college investment at all. Yet on average, construction workers make much more than daycare providers. Why is that? I think it has to do with the fact that construction workers are generally men and daycare providers are typically women.
What do you think who's paid more, male construction worker or male daycare worker?
Optimizing Labor force participation can happen in a more market friendly manner with recourse to an income of last resort, can enable Labor to more conveniently maintain ready reserve labor force participation to more easily take advantage of changing market conditions.

whenever shall women truly believe in equality?

Men should not complain in modern times, if women should want to help us practice, client relations, diversity, and stress management in a team oriented environment.

I believe "no male boss" would ever have a problem with that.

hv41oy.jpg

why do women?

Thanks for taking one for the team !:beer:

Have a nice vacation !
it was one of those situations where she insisted, practice makes Perfect and I am a guy.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, women are paid MORE than their worth in the workplace and I saw it first hand.

I started a job working in the same room with a woman who had the same job title I did. We had the same job description. I was hired to take half the workload off of her. Fair enough. Shed been working there like 3 months longer than me. She was on salary. So if she came in late, left early, took days off, two hour lunches, etc she was paid the same. I was hourly. If I came in late or left early or had a long lunch my paycheck directly reflected that.

Fast forward almost 2 years. She's now playing on Facebook all day, the computer software now says I'm inputting 97% of the data AND shes paid more than I am. I knew this because I was asked to stay late one day and I managed to hack into the payroll software and I saw what everyone was being paid. I was shocked.

We had a sister company that rented party equipment and when those warehouse guys needed extra help loading, they NEVER asked her to do it. It was always me. I was never paid more to do it. She sat in the air conditioned room while I was loading a box truck full of tables and chairs. She was playing on facebook while I was sweating my ass off. Why was I asked? Because I was the guy and stronger than her. But I wasn't PAID MORE because of this.

So I don't want to hear anyone bitching about equal pay for women. When a woman actually DOES equal work, then they can get equal pay. I now drive a truck and see women paid identically as men because they do the same job. That's fine. But our company has a company wide no-touch-freight rule. So nobody is asked to do anything but drive.
That is true in many jobs. Many dangerous jobs also. This is expensive to our culture and it denies people who may be better in all around parts of the job.

thank Goodness women cannot Use their female superiority in Congress, assembled; and proclaim,

i want results not excuses, gentlemen.

Every Vote Counts.

sltheu.jpg

i will be happy to cede the balance of my time, once the Voting is over.

How seriously should we take women who complain about sexual harassment but are unwilling to make appointments for full body massage with happy ending and g-spot focus work with a mostly nice guy who is willing to be, not only friendly and beneficial, but Also, therapeutic.

thank Goodness women cannot Use their female superiority in Congress, assembled; and proclaim,

i want results not excuses, gentlemen.

Every Vote Counts.

sltheu.jpg

i will be happy to cede the balance of my time, once the Voting is over.
That’s not Melania is it?

Republicans need to run with the “women yapping” thing. I think that will help them get through the next election.

after 45 yrs on the job site I have only seen 2 women step up and do the work of a man,,or should I sat attempt to do the work of men
What was the job site? Where are you crushing rocks with a sledgehammer?
just look around your own house and know that every aspect of it I worked on,,in fact every aspect of your personal life I have worked in,,,other than medical that is

Forum List

Back