Woman who married her mom after they ‘hit it off’ pleads guilty to incest

Why? Same sex couples are not relatives. There is a big difference there, where a parental figure is an "authority figure" in their child's life and is responsible for making GOOD decisions on their children's behalf.
They are consenting adults.

It doesn't matter. A parent is most often times the primary caregiver of her or his children. The child relies on the parents for survival.

th

And if it was brother and sister?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Same thing. What is WRONG with you people? :cuckoo:

People against same sex marriage ask that same question, What is WRONG with you people”?

Nothing. Two gay people are NOT related to one another. Just because it is icky is not reason ENOUGH. There are other dynamics involved with incest. FAMILY dynamics and very influential and powerful dynamics.

The difference is, two random gay people are not related and have not had an influence in one another's upbringing and lives for the most part. Whereas a child is at the complete mercy of his or her family members during the most impressionable years of his or her life.
Two guys could have been childhood friend’s living next door to each other since age 2 and have a relationship closer than most brothers and their marriage would be legal as adults.

I'm sorry, but if you can't understand there is a difference between two unrelated consenting adult humans deciding to have a relationship with one another and a relationship between two family members where family dynamics are involved, then you have some serious issues.

The difference is, two random gay people are not related and have not had an influence in one another's upbringing and lives for the most part. Whereas a child is at the complete mercy of his or her family members during the most impressionable years of his or her life.
Two guys could have been childhood friend’s living next door to each other since age 2 and have a relationship closer than most brothers and their marriage would be legal as adults.

That is still different. They don't have power and influence in one another's lives to the extent that family members might.

I’ve been playing devil’s advocate in this thread; however, when the Supreme Court ruled same sex marriage to be legal due to the equal protection clause, they opened the door to same sex marriage for adult biological relatives being legal based on the same exact logic. Immorality is not grounds for it being illegal.

Why? Same sex couples are not relatives. There is a big difference there, where a parental figure is an "authority figure" in their child's life and is responsible for making GOOD decisions on their children's behalf.

It doesn't matter. A parent is most often times the primary caregiver of her or his children. The child relies on the parents for survival.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

No. Siblings have a totally different relationship dynamic between each other. As for the relationship dynamic between parent and child that varies with each family.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

No. Siblings have a totally different relationship dynamic between each other. As for the relationship dynamic between parent and child that varies with each family.

*****SMILE*****

An older sibling can have a whole LOT of influence over a younger sibling, even more so than the parents in some cases.

That is still different. They don't have power and influence in one another's lives to the extent that family members might.
Once they are adults, that’s their decision! Not your’s, not mine, not the governments!

If I didn't want to bake a cake for these bitches; would they have a right to sue me for hundreds of thousands of dollars??

Woman who married her mom after they ‘hit it off’ pleads guilty to incest

An Oklahoma woman who married her biological mother has pleaded guilty to incest.

Her mother, 44-year-old Patricia Spann, has pleaded not guilty to incest.

Patricia Spann has said she thought the marriage was legal because she had lost custody of her daughter and two sons years ago and isn’t listed on their birth certificates. According to Tulsa World, Patricia Spann told authorities that she and Misty “hit it off” when they reconnected in 2014.

Prosecutors say Patricia Spann also married one of her sons. That marriage was annulled in 2010.

“Misty and Patricia told me they got married to basically defraud the state in order to receive more benefits under health care. That sort of thing,” Detective Justin Smith told KOCO 5.

because this happens every day, right, psycho?

:cuckoo:

What's your point sweet cheeks?

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

An older sibling can have a whole LOT of influence over a younger sibling, even more so than the parents in some cases.

The same can be said about any marriage. So your point is moot at best.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

What about twins. Can twins marry each other.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

And what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China once they are adults and have the authority and freedom to make decisions for themselves?

It seems rather inconsistent to tell people that their beliefs about morality don’t matter when it comes to same sex marriage but it does matter when it comes to marriage of same sex biologically related adults.

Good grief, just because some of YOU cannot draw a line in the sand does not mean that others cannot. I certainly can draw MY line in the sand of what is acceptable and what is unacceptable based on many different factors.
Just because you can’t draw a line in the sand with same sex marriage does not mean others can not. See how that works.

Good grief, just because some of YOU cannot draw a line in the sand does not mean that others cannot. I certainly can draw MY line in the sand of what is acceptable and what is unacceptable based on many different factors.
Just because you can’t draw a line in the sand with same sex marriage does not mean others can not. See how that works.
Family incest has been historically oppressed and hidden away. It's time they come out of the closet of shame and into the light of liberty and freedom. The right to marry, and love one another. Stop spewing your hatred against consensual family love.

Family incest has been historically oppressed and hidden away. It's time they come out of the closet of shame and into the light of liberty and freedom. The right to marry, and love one another. Stop spewing your hatred against consensual family love.
Sometimes the slippery slope is not a fallacy.

No, it doesn't work that way, sorry old bean...

Forum List

Back