Woman Claims She Was Dead For 30 Minutes And Saw Angels

i see you still haven't found a brain yet. That man hung on a tree will one day be judging you, good luck with that.

You know what...fuck him and the jackass he rode in on. That's all Chrisitians know how to do...despise anyone who disagrees with their collection of fairy tales.

You evidently don't know very much about what you're instructed to do:

Turn The Other Cheek

Walk The Extra Mile

Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You

Love Thy Neighbor

Love Thine Enemies

Pray For Those Who Curse And Despise You

If Sued In Court For Coat Voluntarily Give Cloak Also

Sell What You Have And Give It To The Poor

Take No Thought For Tomorrow(401K anyone?)

Be Ye Therefore Perfect Even As The Father Is Perfect

Add the tithe plus gifts for the church and VOILA!

Using those guidelines I've never met a Christian...'course I'm just 77 years old.

course I'm just 77 years old.

You repeatedly said that in numerous threads like it supposed to mean something. Now we know why you're so stupid. years of work.

There are numerous posts similar to that which I've posted at no less than 15 discussion forums since 1994 when I bought my first PC...a new Gateway. Anybody who shows up at any forum where I'm active will more than likely see one similar. I told you...I'm on a mission to show those who know nothing but to show up on Sunday morning and listen to some freeloader who should have a real job preach about that stuff. Someday smart people will stop pretendeing they believe a load of shit like that. I probably won't still be around but I'm doing my part and I will as long as there's breath left in me.

Just curious...do you have a 401K

That's what I would have thought as well. No, it's not an error. The woman was pronounced dead, and while they were wheeling her to the morgue (and this is in a large metropolitan hospital with a great reputation), she spontaneously revived. Like I said, if I didn't know her and her family (whom I've known for around 40 years), I would not have believed the story.

Then somebody screwed up. It happens. Even in the best of hospitals.

I am sorry, but after 30 minutes without oxygen your tissue isn't going to come back.

If the bodies temperature is kept low through most of the ordeal and slowly returns it is plausible that a person could have been 'dead' for a long time. But most Near Death Experiences occur precisely when they are only *near* death, and not claimed to be dead and beyond recovery, obviously.

Then there is the case of Pam Reynolds:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pam_Reynolds_(singer)

She accurately described instruments and procedures used while she was flatlined, and names of a doctor brought in for a specialized part of the operation, who was not there later.

With her eyes taped up, even if she was at some minimal level of consciousness, she could not have seen these things, and with ear plugs beeping in her ear, the assertion she heard the doctors name is implausible, even if remotely possible.

Most of the sceptics here insist on the most ridiculous explanations of these things because they start from the assumption that there is no after life and no God, though many are also Christian and do not accept them due to them being incoonsistent with their notions of what happens after death.

Keep in mind that, prior to the advent of embalming and modern medical technology, "pre-mature burial" was a very real thing.

Why do you think they call it a "wake"? Back in the day, they would sit with the body to ensure it was really dead and didn't "wake up".

Some funeral homes also sold bells that were tied to strings that ran down through pipes into the coffin so one could ring it if one woke up. Most of this started in the English speaking world when a graveyard was relocated and a casket fell from a wagon, broke open and clear scratch marks on the inside of the casket could be seen, proving the buried person had revived.

In the US, our embalming methods remove any chance someone might revive.

There are numerous posts similar to that which I've posted at no less than 15 discussion forums since 1994 when I bought my first PC...a new Gateway. Anybody who shows up at any forum where I'm active will more than likely see one similar. I told you...I'm on a mission to show those who know nothing but to show up on Sunday morning and listen to some freeloader who should have a real job preach about that stuff. Someday smart people will stop pretendeing they believe a load of shit like that. I probably won't still be around but I'm doing my part and I will as long as there's breath left in me.
How many people has your irrational hatred caused to give up their faith?

If you answer anything other than "zero", you're lying.

You know what...fuck him and the jackass he rode in on. That's all Chrisitians know how to do...despise anyone who disagrees with their collection of fairy tales.

You evidently don't know very much about what you're instructed to do:

Turn The Other Cheek

Walk The Extra Mile

Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You

Love Thy Neighbor

Love Thine Enemies

Pray For Those Who Curse And Despise You

If Sued In Court For Coat Voluntarily Give Cloak Also

Sell What You Have And Give It To The Poor

Take No Thought For Tomorrow(401K anyone?)

Be Ye Therefore Perfect Even As The Father Is Perfect

Add the tithe plus gifts for the church and VOILA!

Using those guidelines I've never met a Christian...'course I'm just 77 years old.

You repeatedly said that in numerous threads like it supposed to mean something. Now we know why you're so stupid. years of work.

There are numerous posts similar to that which I've posted at no less than 15 discussion forums since 1994 when I bought my first PC
OH so since 1994 you have been telling people you were 77? Your math and age number is very fuzzy You should be saying you're 94 or 95 now. Now do you retract your statement or clarify your answer?

Last edited:

Dave you let a good one pass by you. Didn't you notice he was saying that he was 77 in 1994 but yet he's still saying he's 77.:lol:

My experience with Christians...and since I was in the church until I was over 60 that's been a lot, has been that few have a clue what's in the bible. They show up on Sunday morning, drop something in the plate, listen to another load of horse shit and go home with enough "feel good" to last them another week.

I've been to over 100 Christian funerals during my life and every one...without exception had one or two preachers telling those in attendance that they were sure the deceased was in heaven, had gone to be with the lord, was with Jesus, had passed through the pearly gates, was with the angels, etc. Since the new testament is very specific about who will and won't be there I think they more than likely over did it:

Matthew 5
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

Matthew 7
13 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

James 2
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead

Matthew 19
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Matthew 5
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Kinda looks to me like 100% in heaven is something reasonable, logical people might see through...I mean really

It took you over 60 years to decide you hated christianity??? :lol: Slow on the uptake?

It took you over 60 years to decide you hated christianity??? :lol: Slow on the uptake?

I don't hate any religion...I despise the hypocrites who pretend to be perfect but haven't even taken time to study their instructions. That's one thing anyone will have to grant the Muslims. Their children begin to memori e the quoran when they are barely old enough to read. Many muslims can recite the entire quoran word for word. Look at that and you will reali e the danger in getting hooked on any superstition...that's all any religion is...brainwashing innocent, gullible infants and small children with superstitious nonsense which contains witchcraft, slavery, infant baptism, submission of women, etc.

There will be a day when all of this will be in the past and then when reasonable, intelligent people refer to it......MYTHOLOGY will be it's name.

“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding,” —Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

FROM THE OBITUARY OF DR. ALBERT EINSTEIN:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature.

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world," he said on another occasion, "is that it is comprehensible."

Last edited:

I don't hate any religion...I despise the hypocrites who pretend to be perfect but haven't even taken time to study their instructions. That's one thing anyone will have to grant the Muslims. Their children begin to memori e the quoran when they are barely old enough to read. Many muslims can recite the entire quoran word for word. Look at that and you will reali e the danger in getting hooked on any superstition...that's all any religion is...brainwashing innocent, gullible infants and small children with superstitious nonsense which contains witchcraft, slavery, infant baptism, submission of women, etc.

There will be a day when all of this will be in the past and then when reasonable, intelligent people refer to it......MYTHOLOGY will be it's name.

“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.” —Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

So, does everyone who embraces their beliefs and attends a Christian church think they are perfect? Or is it just a majority of them? Half of them? Only a few of them? Your experience at 'church' or with people of faith is far different from anything I've experienced. No one that I know thinks they're perfect, they know they need the grace of God and fall short. Study of the Bible is an important part of faith, and most that I know in the faith and study it diligently and know it well. So your 'christian acquaintences' are far different from mine.

“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.” —Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

So, does everyone who embraces their beliefs and attends a Christian church think they are perfect? Or is it just a majority of them? Half of them? Only a few of them? Your experience at 'church' or with people of faith is far different from anything I've experienced. No one that I know thinks they're perfect, they know they need the grace of God and fall short. Study of the Bible is an important part of faith, and most that I know in the faith and study it diligently and know it well. So your 'christian acquaintences' are far different from mine.

You didn't read it did you

Matthew 5

I didn't say it...Jesus did

...despite the objections of Democrats.

Who then turned Republican and voted for Nixon.

Liar.

They voted for Wallace in the next Presidential election.

It's called the Southern strategy. The South used to be a Democratic stronghold once upon a time, but then the Democrats pissed them off by legislating civil rights. Nixon (and Republicans since then) exploited that to convince them to vote Republican.

...despite the objections of Democrats.

Who then turned Republican and voted for Nixon.
Well, except for the Democrats who stayed Democrat.

And those Democrats who didn't like the Civil Rights acts went Republican, who gleefully have been using it in elections for a generation or two.

That's what I would have thought as well. No, it's not an error. The woman was pronounced dead, and while they were wheeling her to the morgue (and this is in a large metropolitan hospital with a great reputation), she spontaneously revived. Like I said, if I didn't know her and her family (whom I've known for around 40 years), I would not have believed the story.

Then somebody screwed up. It happens. Even in the best of hospitals.

I am sorry, but after 30 minutes without oxygen your tissue isn't going to come back.

If the bodies temperature is kept low through most of the ordeal and slowly returns it is plausible that a person could have been 'dead' for a long time. But most Near Death Experiences occur precisely when they are only *near* death, and not claimed to be dead and beyond recovery, obviously.

Then there is the case of Pam Reynolds:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pam_Reynolds_(singer)

She accurately described instruments and procedures used while she was flatlined, and names of a doctor brought in for a specialized part of the operation, who was not there later.

With her eyes taped up, even if she was at some minimal level of consciousness, she could not have seen these things, and with ear plugs beeping in her ear, the assertion she heard the doctors name is implausible, even if remotely possible.

Most of the sceptics here insist on the most ridiculous explanations of these things because they start from the assumption that there is no after life and no God, though many are also Christian and do not accept them due to them being incoonsistent with their notions of what happens after death.

Keep in mind that, prior to the advent of embalming and modern medical technology, "pre-mature burial" was a very real thing.

Why do you think they call it a "wake"? Back in the day, they would sit with the body to ensure it was really dead and didn't "wake up".

Some funeral homes also sold bells that were tied to strings that ran down through pipes into the coffin so one could ring it if one woke up. Most of this started in the English speaking world when a graveyard was relocated and a casket fell from a wagon, broke open and clear scratch marks on the inside of the casket could be seen, proving the buried person had revived.

In the US, our embalming methods remove any chance someone might revive.

Right, but once someone is "dead", you have a few minutes to get the heart beating again. That's why in ACLS, compressions are now stressed over respirations.

At any rate, any body that has truly been dead for 30 minutes is beyond return.

As for the "near death" experiences, that is where the realm of medical science steps into the metaphysical. I don't know the answer. I don't believe I have too.

You didn't read it did you

Matthew 5

I didn't say it...Jesus did

And He also said in the same chapter:

“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

In Matthew 5 He is speaking to the fulfillment of the law and the commandments. He is describing what your behavior should be. And if the path into heaven is narrow and there are few who find it, and you want to understand that in the literal sense and take it separately from all of the other teachings in the Bible, you still do not have a point. So, you're saying that since perhaps few truly follow the path, then don't bother even trying? Is that your logic?

I went to a baseball game once and saw Angels

The Angels lost

It's bullshit...all of it.

The church required infant baptism for a thousand years and when folks began to doubt that an infant would burn in the flames of hell the church stopped requiring it. The scripture is still there.

The church was responsible for the torture and deaths of untold numbers of innocent young women because they were accused of witchcraft. When folks stopped beliving there was any such thing as a witch the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

The church preached billions of fire and brimstone sermons and when people began to doubt that a just god would punish people eternally that way for their mistakes the church began to say all the past was due to errors in translation. The scripture is still there.

The church tolerated and sometimes accomodated slavery for thousands of years but after slavery was found to be wrong by just about every legal system on the planet they stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

The church preached the submission of women for thousands of years but after they began to vote and take part in things outside the home the church shut up. The scripture is still there.

The church persecuted and condemned homosexuals for thousands of years but now some of them actually not only have members who are homosexuals some are allowing Gays to pastor or minister. The scripture is still there.

Anybody who fails to see the games played by the church to maintain a membership and continue to get in people's pockets is either blind or a half wit.

Put me in the class with Thomas Jefferson and Dr. Einstein:

“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding,” —Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature.

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world," he said on another occasion, "is that it is comprehensible."

There are numerous posts similar to that which I've posted at no less than 15 discussion forums since 1994 when I bought my first PC
OH so since 1994 you have been telling people you were 77? Your math and age number is very fuzzy You should be saying you're 94 or 95 now. Now do you retract your statement or clarify your answer?

WHATS UP CAMPBELL SOUP? care to answer this post?

The church required infant baptism for a thousand years and when folks began to doubt that an infant would burn in the flames of hell the church stopped requiring it. The scripture is still there.

The church was responsible for the torture and deaths of untold numbers of innocent young women because they were accused of witchcraft. When folks stopped beliving there was any such thing as a witch the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

The church preached billions of fire and brimstone sermons and when people began to doubt that a just god would punish people eternally that way for their mistakes the church began to say all the past was due to errors in translation. The scripture is still there.

The church tolerated and sometimes accomodated slavery for thousands of years but after slavery was found to be wrong by just about every legal system on the planet they stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

The church preached the submission of women for thousands of years but after they began to vote and take part in things outside the home the church shut up. The scripture is still there.

The church persecuted and condemned homosexuals for thousands of years but now some of them actually not only have members who are homosexuals some are allowing Gays to pastor or minister. The scripture is still there.

Anybody who fails to see the games played by the church to maintain a membership and continue to get in people's pockets is either blind or a half wit.

OH I see now you were a Catholic?

You can substitute 'people' for 'the church' in your entire post, whatever 'church' you are referring too, and be more accurate in your statement. People did all of those things, some people are evil. You're too caught up in 'religion' and what people have done in the name of religion over the centuries. You seem incapable of separating religion and people from faith.

Jefferson and Einstein are just people as well, I think I'll take the word of God.

Forum List

Back