With the 4th largest proven oil reserves what is Iran's need for "peaceful purposes" nuclear program

What purpose is Iran's nuclear program?

Under the deal, Iran will maintain the ability to enrich uranium but only for peaceful purposes.
Iran’s Nuclear Program - Bloomberg QuickTake

IRAN has the world's largest
proven oil reserves: 154.58B. Total oil supply in 2012 (thousand barrels per day): 3,538.4M
International sanctions have drastically impacted Iran’s energy sector – the country’s oil production fell dramatically in 2012, from over 35 million barrels per day in 2011 to just over 3.5 million bpd in 2012.

Top 10 Countries With The World’s Biggest Oil Reserves | GEAB

while oil and hydroelectricity accounted for 42 and 2 percent respectively.
It is estimated that some 18.5 percent of electricity generated in Iran are wasted before it reaches consumers due to technical problems.
Energy in Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So a simple mind like mine asks a simple question:
1) why is there ANY need for nuclear research for "peaceful purposes" if Iran as the 4th largest proven oil reserves.
2) Why is there any need to spend $100 billions on nuclear research when 18.5% of their electricity generated is wasted before it reaches consumers?

To me a simple minded person the only answer is : Nuclear weapons!

You smarter people on this forum then me explain why there is a need for "Peaceful purposes"
to do nuclear research from a country that wastes 18% of it's electricity and has 4th largest oil reserves?

Has any of the brilliant Obama intelligentsia answered that question?

Again my conclusion is nuclear weapons!

Make alot of electricity from crude?

Under the deal, Iran will maintain the ability to enrich uranium but only for peaceful purposes.

proven oil reserves: 154.58B. Total oil supply in 2012 (thousand barrels per day): 3,538.4M
International sanctions have drastically impacted Iran’s energy sector – the country’s oil production fell dramatically in 2012, from over 35 million barrels per day in 2011 to just over 3.5 million bpd in 2012.

It is estimated that some 18.5 percent of electricity generated in Iran are wasted before it reaches consumers due to technical problems.

1) why is there ANY need for nuclear research for "peaceful purposes" if Iran as the 4th largest proven oil reserves.
2) Why is there any need to spend $100 billions on nuclear research when 18.5% of their electricity generated is wasted before it reaches consumers?

You smarter people on this forum then me explain why there is a need for "Peaceful purposes"
to do nuclear research from a country that wastes 18% of it's electricity and has 4th largest oil reserves?

Same reason as Canada, I suppose.

Make alot of electricity from crude?

Are you a grade school student?

Canada is not on the terrorist list.

What does being on a 'terrorist' list have to do with oil reserves?

Canada has the 3rd largest proven oil reserve in the world. And yet they have a dozen nuclear plants that account for about 20% total electricity.

Are those crafty Canucks up to something?

Burning oil for electricity is like burning cash. I have no doubt that they wanted a Bomb but nuclear power makes sense for anyone that can build the plant and maintain it. In our own country when we are being charged peak rates during periods of high demand they are burning oil.

Why aren't we building more nuke plants?

Because the left wing envirowackos have declared that they are evil. You know, the same left wing idiots who think Iran wants nukes for electric power.

Shhhh, you gotta let the moonbats answer.

Zoomy Love that puppy. Looks like a GSD. A new dog for you??

Naw, saw him on the interwebz. Isn't is cute? He's all like 'hey, I'm a big dawg, gonna do big dawg things!'.

What gives the U.S. the right to decide who should or shouldn't have Nuclear Power? I know that question blows the average American's mind, but it is a valid question. Several nations have Nuclear Weapons. Should they all give them up?

Countries who approve of what terrorists do shouldn't have nukes.

Countries who stop what terrorists do should have nukes.

For what it's worth, while I suspect Iran has an interest in being a "near-stage nuclear arms" state, they really do have legit interests in nuclear power. They have a huge, but literate, younger population, but the economy is nascent at best. It massively supports cheap petroleum for its population. If they could meet their non-auto energy needs with relatively cheap nuclear power, they could export more petroleum to earn cash for investment in econ growth.

Of course, they haven't really embraced free market capitalism.

Burning oil for electricity is like burning cash. I have no doubt that they wanted a Bomb but nuclear power makes sense for anyone that can build the plant and maintain it. In our own country when we are being charged peak rates during periods of high demand they are burning oil.

We have more nuke plants than everyone else put together.

Oh, enough to pick up all the slack when the coal companies are regulated out of business?

Because the left wing envirowackos have declared that they are evil. You know, the same left wing idiots who think Iran wants nukes for electric power.

Naw, saw him on the interwebz. Isn't is cute? He's all like 'hey, I'm a big dawg, gonna do big dawg things!'.

What a cutie. To bad he's not one of yours because he'd have a great home and loads of love.

Canada is not on the terrorist list.

What does being on a 'terrorist' list have to do with oil reserves?

Canada has the 3rd largest proven oil reserve in the world. And yet they have a dozen nuclear plants that account for about 20% total electricity.

Are those crafty Canucks up to something?

Don't be a shithead! You idiots that seem to be so ready to accept anything Obama says is ok are to be really pitied!
Two selfish entities here. Obama... he wants something to show for his idiot administration and Iran...they want to destroy Israel/USA.
Only ignorant naive people like you come up with stupid comments like yours.
It is truly sad that people like me have to look out for you naive, ignorant FFOs!

What a cutie. To bad he's not one of yours because he'd have a great home and loads of love.

We're at two dogs, two cats (old cat is pushing 18 and quite grumpy). For now, that's good. Kids (er, ah young adults!) say when old cat kicks off are we gonna get another cat to keep young cat company? Hub's head will surely explode if that happens. Ah ... but never say never! lol

America has huge oil, natural gas and renewable "reserves", but I'd be happy if we built 40 more nuclear plants. ;)
And I would have NO PROBLEM with Iran building nuclear plants WITH THORIUM!!!! Because Thorium can't be used to build bombs!
Uranium can!
Why is it so hard to comprehend?
Iran is NOT to be trusted! IRAN can afford to build ALL their electric generation with their natural gas do it 5 times cheaper then nuclear.
SO WHY do they want nuclear development especially with uranium???
Please answer that! OK??

We're at two dogs, two cats (old cat is pushing 18 and quite grumpy). For now, that's good. Kids (er, ah young adults!) say when old cat kicks off are we gonna get another cat to keep young cat company? Hub's head will surely explode if that happens. Ah ... but never say never! lol

Well I have four dogs and a horse. All my dogs are pound puppies and the horse was given to me because the owner had to many.

All are great animals and bring a lot to my home.

I'm trying to point out to you idiots that Iran wants nuclear weapons! They don't need nuclear reactors.
But you people even with the facts facing you are being so childish! Grow up and don't be so stupidly NAIVE!

[Based on Iran's consumption per year of 3.6 trillion cubic feet Iran has 330 years of natural gas.
Which is exactly why they are a big exporter. If they don't use it, they can sell it.

So tell me again why with the 4th largest oil and the largest gas is Iran needing nuclear utilities.

Okay. The less oil and gas they burn, the less they are using. The less they use, the more they can sell to other countries. For money.

I thought I used the smallest words possible, so even you could understand.

Let me know which words you do not understand.

If that were the real reason, then all of the other OPEC nations would have already built nuclear so they could have more oil to sell. They haven't and they are still filthy rich on what they do sell. Only a fool believes Iran wants nuclear so they have more oil to export. Its because they are true believers and they want to nuke their enemies. Nations like American and the USSR had mutual deterrence because neither wanted to die. Iran, not so much. They like the idea.

[Based on Iran's consumption per year of 3.6 trillion cubic feet Iran has 330 years of natural gas.
Which is exactly why they are a big exporter. If they don't use it, they can sell it.

So tell me again why with the 4th largest oil and the largest gas is Iran needing nuclear utilities.

Okay. The less oil and gas they burn, the more they can sell to other countries. For money.

I thought I used the smallest words possible, so even you could understand.

Let me know which words you do not understand.
Then why don't they use "Thorium" if it is more efficient but ONLY drawback is it can't be used for bombs?
Is that simple enough for you???
Here get some nuclear education...
Thorium Power Is the Safer Future of Nuclear Energy

I used to work in the nuclear power field. There is nothing you can teach me, dumbass.

And you once again demonstrate you have not read the agreement.

One of the terms of the agreement is for Furdow to be converted to peaceful nuclear power use.
The anti Iran nutters want a war with Iran..

No dumbass, we don't want to be nuked by them. Pull your head out of your ass.

What gives the U.S. the right to decide who should or shouldn't have Nuclear Power? I know that question blows the average American's mind, but it is a valid question. Several nations have Nuclear Weapons. Should they all give them up?

Our National Security interests...unless you buy into the multi-cultural claptrap that all cultures and countries are morally and ethically the same.

Countries who approve of what terrorists do shouldn't have nukes.

Countries who stop what terrorists do should have nukes.
Republicans let Bin Laden go. They destabilized the entire Middle East. Scuttling this treaty will ensure Iran gets nuclear weapons. Maybe that was their plan all along? Who's side are they on?

Forum List

Back