With the 4th largest proven oil reserves what is Iran's need for "peaceful purposes" nuclear program

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
What purpose is Iran's nuclear program?

Under the deal, Iran will maintain the ability to enrich uranium but only for peaceful purposes.
Iran’s Nuclear Program - Bloomberg QuickTake

IRAN has the world's largest
proven oil reserves: 154.58B. Total oil supply in 2012 (thousand barrels per day): 3,538.4M
International sanctions have drastically impacted Iran’s energy sector – the country’s oil production fell dramatically in 2012, from over 35 million barrels per day in 2011 to just over 3.5 million bpd in 2012.

Top 10 Countries With The World’s Biggest Oil Reserves | GEAB

while oil and hydroelectricity accounted for 42 and 2 percent respectively.
It is estimated that some 18.5 percent of electricity generated in Iran are wasted before it reaches consumers due to technical problems.
Energy in Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So a simple mind like mine asks a simple question:
1) why is there ANY need for nuclear research for "peaceful purposes" if Iran as the 4th largest proven oil reserves.
2) Why is there any need to spend $100 billions on nuclear research when 18.5% of their electricity generated is wasted before it reaches consumers?

To me a simple minded person the only answer is : Nuclear weapons!

You smarter people on this forum then me explain why there is a need for "Peaceful purposes"
to do nuclear research from a country that wastes 18% of it's electricity and has 4th largest oil reserves?

Has any of the brilliant Obama intelligentsia answered that question?

Again my conclusion is nuclear weapons!

Last edited:
Seriously folks. I need a defender of the Iranian Deal to explain the need for "peaceful purposes" nuclear program!
I mean are the Obama administration that totally naive to think that given the facts Iran has all the oil they need, has electrical utilities wasting 18%
of the generating electricity the Iranians really need nuclear powered utility plants?

Then when you couple that idiocy with the below???

On Friday, President Barack Obama called on Iran to take the “historic opportunity” for the nuclear deal presented by the U.S. and other partner nations.

In response, Iran’s Supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, called for the “death to America” when speaking to a crowd on Saturday.

Khamenei told the crowd that he would not allow Iran to give in to Western demands. The crowd began to chant “death to America,” and Khamenei responded in kind:
This is the Hateful Quote From the Supreme Leader of Iran About America From This Past Weekend

What kind of naive ignorant people do we have in our government???

Plus if they hadn't resumed nuclear weapons research there would be NO sanctions. No sanctions would mean they could sell more oil.
Doesn't make any sense and that is why simple people like me keep pointing out they don't need nuclear energy but want nuclear bombs!

Khamenei also vowed in the speech, which was broadcast live on state television, that the nuclear agreement with the major powers would not change Iran’s policy against the “arrogant American government” nor would it change the Islamic Republic’s policy of supporting its “friends” in the region.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran will not give up support of its friends in the region — the oppressed people of Palestine, of Yemen, the Syrian and Iraqi governments, the oppressed people of Bahrain and sincere resistance fighters in Lebanon and Palestine… Our policy will not change with regards to the arrogant US government,” said Khamenei.
Iran’s Khamenei hails his people for demanding death to America and Israel

Again I am asking you supporters of the deal, what "Peaceful purposes" will Iran be able to use their nuclear research?

I'm waiting for some supporter to answer simple question with the 4th largest oil reserves and wasting 18% of current electricity WHY are they
pursuing nuclear research?

....and what is the purpose of giving them 11 billion dollars back? They'll disburse that money to other terrorist organizations...we're helping fund islamic global terror.

Burning oil for electricity is like burning cash. I have no doubt that they wanted a Bomb but nuclear power makes sense for anyone that can build the plant and maintain it. In our own country when we are being charged peak rates during periods of high demand they are burning oil.

"under my plan electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket"

another attempt to subvert our system.

The Iran nuke deal was never about peaceful nuclear power. Anyone who makes that claim is either a liar, an idiot, or both.

Obozo wants his brother muslims in Iran to have nukes so they can destroy their common enemy Israel.

Some day you fools on the left will realize that obama is not who and what you think he is.

To me a simple minded person the only answer is : Nuclear weapons!

you do not appear to be simple minded to me, your deduction of muslime Iran wanting nuke weapons is brilliant. when it comes to simple minds, the libertraitors here will blast you with their hate..., as usual when a brilliant Conservative member posts logic and fact. :up:

Burning oil for electricity is like burning cash. I have no doubt that they wanted a Bomb but nuclear power makes sense for anyone that can build the plant and maintain it. In our own country when we are being charged peak rates during periods of high demand they are burning oil.

It is estimated that some 18.5 percent of electricity generated in Iran are wasted before it reaches consumers due to technical problems.

How does that compare to the USA???
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates that electricity transmission and distribution losses average about 6% of the electricity that is transmitted and distributed annually in the United States.
How much electricity is lost in transmission and distribution in the United States? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
USA wastes 1/3 of what Iran is wasting.
So your argument is specious...superficially plausible, but actually wrong!

Again, they want a bomb. They want to destroy any infidel. That is their leadership's objective. Nuclear weapons will do that.
Again I don't you understand their religious leader Ayatollah Khamenei’s speech, we can see that Iran’s leadership expects and hopes for an apocalyptic war leading to Isalmic rule over the remaining population of the world
Iran's Nuclear Apocalypse Plans | Prophecy

The USA is not dealing with a rational Iranian leadership but religious fanatics!

Why aren't we building more nuke plants?

Sure, thats true. But off topic. The Iranians want nuclear technology in order to make bombs, not power plants. Its hopelessly naive to think otherwise.

The Iran nuke deal was never about peaceful nuclear power. Anyone who makes that claim is either a liar, an idiot, or both.

Obozo wants his brother muslims in Iran to have nukes so they can destroy their common enemy Israel.

Some day you fools on the left will realize that obama is not who and what you think he is.

Read this link at length and it will be so clear how fanatical Iran is and how totally compliant Obama is to their wishes!

Why aren't we building more nuke plants?

Because the left wing envirowackos have declared that they are evil. You know, the same left wing idiots who think Iran wants nukes for electric power.

Read this link at length and it will be so clear how fanatical Iran is and how totally compliant Obama is to their wishes!

Obama is one of them. That has been clear from the very beginning.

Some day you fools on the left will realize that obama is not who and what you think he is

oooh, they know exactly who and what they feeeeeel (think, is a foreign word to liberfeelers) he is, they are no better than the mulatto muslime himself, they will support him with their life..., just ask them.., the ones who regularly show up here.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates that electricity transmission and distribution losses average about 6% of the electricity that is transmitted and distributed annually in the United States.
How much electricity is lost in transmission and distribution in the United States? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Again, they want a bomb. They want to destroy any infidel. That is their leadership's objective. Nuclear weapons will do that.
Again I don't you understand their religious leader Ayatollah Khamenei’s speech, we can see that Iran’s leadership expects and hopes for an apocalyptic war leading to Isalmic rule over the remaining population of the world

The USA is not dealing with a rational Iranian leadership but religious fanatics!
Bullshit, they restarted their program only after they saw what we did in Iraq and figured they were next. Quit listening to the people who lied us into that misguided fuck-up on the Iran nuclear issue, they are telling the same lies and you are buying them again.

Bullshit, they restarted their program only after they saw what we did in Iraq and figured they were next. Quit listening to the people who lied us into that misguided fuck-up on the Iran nuclear issue, they are telling the same lies and you are buying them again.

What people am I listening too when I show you that Iran has the world's 4th largest oil supply and wastes 18% of electricity they generate?
Those are facts not LIES.

Iranian leadership are religious fanatics. The same type of people you make fun of here in the USA i.e. religious fanatics.
So why are you and the supposedly intellectually superior Obama administration so willing to work with religious fanatics?

Does that make any sense i.e. to poke fun of religious fanatics in the USA but treat Iranian religious fanatic leaders with "respect"???
President Obama lumped Christians and murderous Islamic terrorists together: Here’s some of what he said,
“unless we get on our high horse and think that this is unique to some other place -- remember that during the crusades and inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ … So, it is not unique to one group or one religion; there is a tendency in us, a sinful tendency that can pervert and distort our faith.”

So why does Obama then trust Iranian religious fanatics?

Forum List

Back