With 94 million Americans Out of the Work Force, Why Do We Have 25 Million Foreign Guest Workers?

Nothing should be for minority coders.
You're good at what you do, or not, regardless of race or legislation branding you incapable.
You must be white. Your opinion wont stop people of color from building networks to make sure the specific challenges of being Black or Mexican etc are addressed and advice given on how to handle racism when they experience it.

I am White, I experienced racism against Black programmers dating all the way back to Reagan...it was disgusting.
No American citizen should be denied a career due to cheap labor.
How did you experience racism against Black programmers if you were white?

First of all, there were ZERO Black programmers from 1981-2001.
I mean ZERO.
Blacks Managing Servers, Installing Software...A few here and there.
In the late 90s I was "forced" to interview a FEW Blacks for programming positions because the BLS was keeping statistics on interview practices.
However, every Black I endorsed was rejected even though less qualified Whites were hired.
I was finally told by my manager at Salomon Smith Barney that since the "Programmer" was an endangered species due to Business Visas, Whites wouldn't march through the streets when laid off en-masse.
I was stunned at Wall Street's racism.

You're good at what you do, or not, regardless of race or legislation branding you incapable.
You must be white. Your opinion wont stop people of color from building networks to make sure the specific challenges of being Black or Mexican etc are addressed and advice given on how to handle racism when they experience it.

I am White, I experienced racism against Black programmers dating all the way back to Reagan...it was disgusting.

I mean ZERO.
In the late 90s I was "forced" to interview a FEW Blacks for programming positions because the BLS was keeping statistics on interview practices.
However, every Black I endorsed was rejected even though less qualified Whites were hired.
I was finally told by my manager at Salomon Smith Barney that since the "Programmer" was an endangered species due to Business Visas, Whites wouldn't march through the streets when laid off en-masse.
Who told you there were zero Black programmers from 1981 - 2001? :laugh:

Jerry Lawson - First Black Video Game Professional

http://www.biography.com/people/mark-dean-604036

I mean ZERO.
Who told you there were zero Black programmers from 1981 - 2001? :laugh:

Jerry Lawson - First Black Video Game Professional

http://www.biography.com/people/mark-dean-604036

Oh, please! Don't tell me what was happening on Wall Street by linking to a Video Game programmer!

Well that's my question and what I'm looking for info on. How do they get the numbers, off polls, off IRS reports, off what? Like if I fill out some paperwork and check "unemployed" and there's no further question about if I'm looking for work or just a housewife or stay-at-home-mom or w/e, I would think that falls on the "Unemployed" count wouldn't it? I'm just wondering how they do the stats thing for unemployment numbers because it's something I've never actually looked into.

Why are you even commenting if you don't even have a basic knowledge as to how government statistics are gathered.

Try the Department of Labor.

Our education system is fucked, I'm not quite ready to blame it on liberals so much as the whole "no child left behind" bullshit. Kids need to learn to emotionally deal with failures and pick themselves back up to succeed. This is not being taught and it's creating a real mess /everywhere/, not just the job market, but society, politics, everywhere.

Unfortunately, it's too late. There's no resolution for this mistake either the country figures out the problem, buckles down, and fixes it, or we continue falling apart.

Take control of our schools from the Federali's and return it to the local school district.

How does the federal government control your local schools? They don't! Outside of funds for poor students and special education, there is very little that the feds have to do with the day to day instruction in any school. Perhaps if you ever attended one, you would have known that.

Not true. The Federal Government controls local schools by controlling the MONEY. If the local schools do not follow the mandates of the Federal Government, the flow of money is cut.

Which party runs the vast majority of failed school systems? You know, like those in Washington, DC, Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans.

Our education system is fucked, I'm not quite ready to blame it on liberals so much as the whole "no child left behind" bullshit. Kids need to learn to emotionally deal with failures and pick themselves back up to succeed. This is not being taught and it's creating a real mess /everywhere/, not just the job market, but society, politics, everywhere.

Unfortunately, it's too late. There's no resolution for this mistake either the country figures out the problem, buckles down, and fixes it, or we continue falling apart.

Take control of our schools from the Federali's and return it to the local school district.

How does the federal government control your local schools? They don't! Outside of funds for poor students and special education, there is very little that the feds have to do with the day to day instruction in any school. Perhaps if you ever attended one, you would have known that.

Not true. The Federal Government controls local schools by controlling the MONEY. If the local schools do not follow the mandates of the Federal Government, the flow of money is cut.

Which party runs the vast majority of failed school systems? You know, like those in Washington, DC, Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans.

Controlling WHAT money? Other than Title 1 and special education funds, local schools get almost no federal dollars.

Obviously you dont know what you are talking about.

Archived: 10 Fact About K-12 Education Funding

"The U.S. Constitution leaves the responsibility for public K-12 education with the states."

"There are no unfunded federal education "mandates." Every federal education law is conditioned on a state or other grantee's decision to accept federal program funds."

We have over 94 million Americans out of the work force.
Labor Force Participation Rate Dropped to 62.8% In April: 94,044,000 Out

The number of Americans not in the labor force last month totaled 94,044,000, 562,000 more than in March -- and the labor force participation rate dropped to 62.8 percent (near a 38-year low), following four straight months of slight improvement.

When President Obama took office in Janaury 2009, the labor force partipation rate was 65.7 percent, after hovering in the 66-67 percent range for much of the George W. Bush presidency.

The recession inherited by the Obama administration officially ended in June 2009, but the labor force participation rate continued to drop during Obama's two terms, hitting 62.4 percent in September 2015, its lowest point in 38 years.

While 25 million foreign born workers are here on guest worker visas, and this includes the illegal black market labor.
Foreign-Born Employment in U.S. Dips Slightly from Record, Still At 25,460,000 - Breitbart
The number of foreign-born people employed in the United States dipped slightly last month compared to the record high set in March, but remained above 25 million mark, according to data released Friday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The BLS reports that 25,460,000 foreign-born people had a job in the U.S. during the month of April, a decrease of 281,000 compared to the month of March when a record 25,741,000 foreign-born people were employed in the U.S.

The BLS does not distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants, defining the foreign-born as:

Those residing in the United States who were not U.S. citizens at birth. That is, they were born outside the United States or one of its outlying areas such as Puerto Rico or Guam, to parents neither of whom was a U.S. citizen. The native born are persons who were born in the United States or one of its outlying areas such as Puerto Rico or Guam or who were born abroad of at least one parent who was a U.S. citizen.

And in this situation, we have declining job growth.
U.S. jobs growth slows down in April
Companies scaled back hiring in April, adding just 160,000 new jobs, in a sign the U.S. economy still hasn’t recovered from an early-year chill.

The April jobs report was well below Wall Street’s expectations. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast a 203,000 increase in nonfarm jobs.

The unemployment rate, meanwhile, was flat at 5%. More people dropped out of the labor force and the so-called participation rate fell for the first time in seven months. That could mean people find it a bit harder to get a job.

So WHY ARE WE BRINGING IN MORE GUEST WORKERS WHEN AMERICANS CANT GET TRAINED AND HIRED FOR THESE JOBS INSTEAD?

BECAUSE CORPORATIONS AVE BOUGHT OUR GOVERNMENT, IN MANY CASES USING MONEY WE GAVE TO BIG BANKS IN$5 TRILLION IN BANK HANDOUTS.

We gave $5 trillion to the banks, huge bailouts to various corporations and debt simply wiped off the books, and yet where are the bailouts for regular Middle Class Americans? We are paying these predatory mortgages still today, while the predators are still snorting coke and buying whores on Wall Street with that tax payer money that was then doled to them in huge million dollar bonuses. And it is wrong to raise their taxes, why? So they drug dealers and whores can stay in ridiculous wealth?

Where are the protesting Libertarian Traitors who throw a snit fit every time anyone proposes helping Americans? They love give a-ways to corporate America, because they are wannabe corporate pirates who hope one day to feast on the carcasses of their fellow Americans also, just like they see corporations doing today.

This has to end, folks. And if neocons like 'Paul Ryan the Sellout' dont like it, then throw the bastards out.
I'm not sure of your point. The vast majority of those not in the labor force don't want a job. We're talking retirees, disabled, housewives, full time students, independently wealthy, etc. And the 5.7 million not in the labor force who say they do want a job aren't doing anything about it, 3.3 million haven't done anything at all...even ask a friend if they knew of anything, in the last year. A-38. Persons not in the labor force by desire and availability for work, age, and sex

So those not in the labor force are not a good indicator of available labor. Oh, and those not in the labor force include 14.2 million foreign-born Table A-7. Employment status of the civilian population by nativity and sex, not seasonally adjusted

What? The workers NOT in the labor force are NOT a good indicator of available labor?

Right. If they're not in the labor force (they're not trying to work) then the're not available.

Are you aware of the FACT that the Labor participation Rate is made of the people who have QUIT LOOKING for a job?

That's not a fact. SOME have quit looking, but most don't want a job. "Not looking" is not the same as "quit looking"

The same excuses you are making, "retirees, disabled, housewives, full-time students, independently wealthy, etc., also existed in the 70's, 80's etc..
Right, that's always been a big part.

The Labor Participation Rate is the lowest since the mid-'70's. How do you get any other meaning?
Because the percent of the population that is disabled, old, and non-working students has gone up
We have over 94 million Americans out of the work force.
Labor Force Participation Rate Dropped to 62.8% In April: 94,044,000 Out

The number of Americans not in the labor force last month totaled 94,044,000, 562,000 more than in March -- and the labor force participation rate dropped to 62.8 percent (near a 38-year low), following four straight months of slight improvement.

When President Obama took office in Janaury 2009, the labor force partipation rate was 65.7 percent, after hovering in the 66-67 percent range for much of the George W. Bush presidency.

The recession inherited by the Obama administration officially ended in June 2009, but the labor force participation rate continued to drop during Obama's two terms, hitting 62.4 percent in September 2015, its lowest point in 38 years.

While 25 million foreign born workers are here on guest worker visas, and this includes the illegal black market labor.
Foreign-Born Employment in U.S. Dips Slightly from Record, Still At 25,460,000 - Breitbart
The number of foreign-born people employed in the United States dipped slightly last month compared to the record high set in March, but remained above 25 million mark, according to data released Friday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The BLS reports that 25,460,000 foreign-born people had a job in the U.S. during the month of April, a decrease of 281,000 compared to the month of March when a record 25,741,000 foreign-born people were employed in the U.S.

The BLS does not distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants, defining the foreign-born as:

Those residing in the United States who were not U.S. citizens at birth. That is, they were born outside the United States or one of its outlying areas such as Puerto Rico or Guam, to parents neither of whom was a U.S. citizen. The native born are persons who were born in the United States or one of its outlying areas such as Puerto Rico or Guam or who were born abroad of at least one parent who was a U.S. citizen.

And in this situation, we have declining job growth.
U.S. jobs growth slows down in April
Companies scaled back hiring in April, adding just 160,000 new jobs, in a sign the U.S. economy still hasn’t recovered from an early-year chill.

The April jobs report was well below Wall Street’s expectations. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast a 203,000 increase in nonfarm jobs.

The unemployment rate, meanwhile, was flat at 5%. More people dropped out of the labor force and the so-called participation rate fell for the first time in seven months. That could mean people find it a bit harder to get a job.

So WHY ARE WE BRINGING IN MORE GUEST WORKERS WHEN AMERICANS CANT GET TRAINED AND HIRED FOR THESE JOBS INSTEAD?

BECAUSE CORPORATIONS AVE BOUGHT OUR GOVERNMENT, IN MANY CASES USING MONEY WE GAVE TO BIG BANKS IN$5 TRILLION IN BANK HANDOUTS.

We gave $5 trillion to the banks, huge bailouts to various corporations and debt simply wiped off the books, and yet where are the bailouts for regular Middle Class Americans? We are paying these predatory mortgages still today, while the predators are still snorting coke and buying whores on Wall Street with that tax payer money that was then doled to them in huge million dollar bonuses. And it is wrong to raise their taxes, why? So they drug dealers and whores can stay in ridiculous wealth?

Where are the protesting Libertarian Traitors who throw a snit fit every time anyone proposes helping Americans? They love give a-ways to corporate America, because they are wannabe corporate pirates who hope one day to feast on the carcasses of their fellow Americans also, just like they see corporations doing today.

This has to end, folks. And if neocons like 'Paul Ryan the Sellout' dont like it, then throw the bastards out.
I'm not sure of your point. The vast majority of those not in the labor force don't want a job. We're talking retirees, disabled, housewives, full time students, independently wealthy, etc. And the 5.7 million not in the labor force who say they do want a job aren't doing anything about it, 3.3 million haven't done anything at all...even ask a friend if they knew of anything, in the last year. A-38. Persons not in the labor force by desire and availability for work, age, and sex

So those not in the labor force are not a good indicator of available labor. Oh, and those not in the labor force include 14.2 million foreign-born Table A-7. Employment status of the civilian population by nativity and sex, not seasonally adjusted

What? The workers NOT in the labor force are NOT a good indicator of available labor?

Right. If they're not in the labor force (they're not trying to work) then the're not available.

Are you aware of the FACT that the Labor participation Rate is made of the people who have QUIT LOOKING for a job?

That's not a fact. SOME have quit looking, but most don't want a job. "Not looking" is not the same as "quit looking"

The same excuses you are making, "retirees, disabled, housewives, full-time students, independently wealthy, etc., also existed in the 70's, 80's etc..
Right, that's always been a big part.

The Labor Participation Rate is the lowest since the mid-'70's. How do you get any other meaning?
Because the percent of the population that is disabled, old, and non-working students has gone up

Sad, but not surprising that Progressives refuse to accept that new 16-year-olds and immigrants of all ages actually ENTER the labor market every day.

So you are talking about stuff discussed briefly and ignored by kids?

And how do you know how long they spent on any particular subject?
Not that it really matters mind you.

Well they haven't replaced math with lgbt studies. It upset you that they don't pretend gay people don't exist?

It's not the schools job to push social issues...Period!!!
But it is the Republican Party's?

I would say it's both parties that try to push social issues.
But by far it's liberal progressives that do it the most.

And, by far, do the most damage with their regulations.

Why don't you shit for brains, blind stupid ignorant simps ask Trump and Wall Street? Because I can assure you, poor motherfuckers and white trash ain't bringin em' here!!

Lol, I am not that stupid that you can push that bullshit off on me, bubba.

When you can assplain how the unelected wife of the President can dictate school lunch menus without having any authority, then lets discuss this some more. Till then you just dont have a clue.

She never did any such thing. So, go with that and prove me wrong.

Way too simple to prove you wrong but I just am amazed that you go out of your way to prove you are uninformed.

Hopefully...you're being facetious and not seriously so uninformed.

Naturally "professionals," will claim that, they need to justify their existence, don't they?

"Public schooling hasn't even improved literacy, Gatto demonstrates -- it's considerably eroded it.

By 1840" (more than a decade before the opening of the first tax-funded government schools on the modern model, in Massachusetts) "the incidence of complex literacy in the United States was between 93 and 100 percent. ... In Connecticut only one citizen out of every 579 was illiterate and you probably don't want to know, not really, what people in those days considered literate; it's too embarrassing. Popular novels of the period give a clue: 'Last of the Mohicans,' published in 1818, sold so well a contemporary equivalent would have to move 10 million copies to match it. If you pick up an uncut version you find yourself in a dense thicket of philosophy, history, culture, politics, geography, astute analysis of human motives and actions, all conveyed in data-rich periodic sentences so formidable only a determined and well-educated reader can handle it nowadays. Yet in 1818 we were a small-farm nation without colleges or universities to speak of. Could those simple folk have had more complex minds than our own?

"By 1940 the literacy figure for all states stood at 96 percent for whites. 80 percent for blacks. Notice for all the disadvantages blacks labored under, four of five were still literate. Six decades later, at the end of the 20th century, the National Adult Literacy Survey and the National Assessment of Educational Progress say 40 percent of blacks and 17 percent of whites can't read at all. Put another way, black illiteracy doubled, white illiteracy quadrupled," despite the fact that "we spend three or four times as much real money on schooling as we did 60 years ago."

Could They Really Have Done It On Purpose?, by Vin Suprynowicz

With our schools so awful and terrible, why are Americans leading in science and technology?

A Pew Research Center Poll from July 2009 showed that only around 6percent of U.S. scientists are Republicans; 55 percent are Democrats, 32 percent are independent, and the rest "don't know" their affiliation. This immense imbalance has political consequences.Dec 8, 2010
Nope.

Leave it to rdeanie to post some of the stupidest shit on USMB.

We are number 39, right after Poland and Chile. Even the terrorists in Turkey, and drug lords in Mexico and Columbia know more math and science than we do. :badgrin:

Math and Science have nothing to do with politics. Unless you pay them. Then the data will tell you whatever you want it to. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

overall-the-40-most-science-educated-countries-in-the-world-saw-a-drop-from-23-stem-degrees-in-2002-to-22-a-decade-later-the-united-states-rounded-out-the-bottom-of-the-list-in-39th-place-with-16-stem-degrees-in-both-2002-and-2012.jpg

These are the 10 smartest countries in the world when it comes to science

I grade your reading and interpretation of that graph as an F-. It doesn't say what you think it does.

An F MINUS?

You call yourself a professional? How does one fail worse than failing? I've never heard any professional teacher use such a term. It is an insult to the profession. I think you were fired and didn't make the grade.

Of course it says what I think it does.

The methods employed to train math and science in the US are worse than other nations. Our schooling is flat out inferior, it's government indoctrination, consumer brainwashing. It is the practice of making helpless automatons.

Do we still have more STEM graduates in absolute numbers? Of course. However our population is much larger.

If Nation A) has 100 citizens and 10 Nobel prize winners, and Nation B) has 10000 citizens and 15 Nobel prize winners, it doesn't mean Nation B is a leader in math and science. I am sorry if you are too obtuse to understand this concept.

In a few more decades, if the Russia Federation were ever to liberalize it's economy even more than it already has, we are sunk. We are absolutely done for. That's what this chart shows.

Already their deep-well oil drilling technology is thirty years, to forty years more advanced than ours is. Hell, half the West is still in denial of abiotic oil.

Fossil fuel. What a crock.

No. You are just simply full of shit and will not question anything that does not agree with your preconceived notions. That is worse than failure, hence the F- grade.
Not true. I admitted that this metric might not be acceptable when someone else questioned it. So I ASKED what would be a fair metric. Still the US did not come in first, and no counter response was offered to my reply.

Do try to keep up.

With 94 million Americans Out of the Work Force, Why Do We Have 25 Million Foreign Guest Workers?

I see what you were talking about Jim. I agree, if companies domicile here, they can hire American workers first before the H1-B's.

My point about restructuring our ed. system was that, often in the MSM propaganda, we will here the myth repeated ad nauseam that there aren't enough STEM workers, so they need to pass out visas like they are candy. That's why we see so many engineers, scientists, doctors, etc. from Asia and the far east.

Here is an interesting article. Rdeanie can sit and spin.
09STEMeducation-1377102567732.jpg

The STEM Crisis Is a Myth
Forget the dire predictions of a looming shortfall of scientists, technologists, engineers, and mathematicians
The STEM Crisis Is a Myth - IEEE Spectrum

You realize you don't graduate with a degree that just says STEM on it, and that you are then a perfect match for the 277,000 jobs simply called STEM Job that companies are looking to fill, right?

Well of course.

Did you think I just ran through and looked for images, or rather, maybe, read the article too?

I swear, if I don't read the article, and tease out the important parts of it for you guys, you won't take into consideration what is relevant, and what you need to know. :doubt: Guess someone's got to do the heavy lifting.

"To parse the simultaneous claims of both a shortage and a surplus of STEM workers, we’ll need to delve into the data behind the debate, how it got going more than a half century ago, and the societal, economic, and nationalistic biases that have perpetuated it. And what that dissection reveals is that there is indeed a STEM crisis—just not the one everyone’s been talking about. The real STEM crisis is one of literacy: the fact that today’s students are not receiving a solid grounding in science, math, and engineering."

<snip>

The nature of STEM work has also changed dramatically in the past several decades. In engineering, for instance, your job is no longer linked to a company but to a funded project. Long-term employment with a single company has been replaced by a series of de facto temporary positions that can quickly end when a project ends or the market shifts. To be sure, engineers in the 1950s were sometimes laid off during recessions, but they expected to be hired back when the economy picked up. That rarely happens today. And unlike in decades past, employers seldom offer generous education and training benefits to engineers to keep them current, so out-of-work engineers find they quickly become technologically obsolete.

Any of these factors can affect both short-term and longer-term demand for STEM workers, as well as for the particular skills those workers will need. The agencies that track science and engineering employment know this to be true. Buried in Chapter 3 of a 2012 NSF workforce study, for instance, you’ll find this caveat: “Projections of employment growth are plagued by uncertain assumptions and are notoriously difficult to make.”

So is there a shortfall of STEM workers or isn’t there?

The Georgetown study estimates that nearly two-thirds of the STEM job openings in the United States, or about 180 000 jobs per year, will require bachelor’s degrees. Now, if you apply the Commerce Department’s definition of STEM to the NSF’s annual count of science and engineering bachelor’s degrees, that means about 252 000 STEM graduates emerged in 2009. So even if all the STEM openings were entry-level positions and even if only new STEM bachelor’s holders could compete for them, that still leaves 70 000 graduates unable to get a job in their chosen field.

Of course, the pool of U.S. STEM workers is much bigger than that: It includes new STEM master’s and Ph.D. graduates (in 2009, around 80 000 and 25 000, respectively), STEM associate degree graduates (about 40 000), H-1B visa holders (more than 50 000), other immigrants and visa holders with STEM degrees, technical certificate holders, and non-STEM degree recipients looking to find STEM-related work. And then there’s the vast number of STEM degree holders who graduated in previous years or decades.

Even in the computer and IT industry, the sector that employs the most STEM workers and is expected to grow the most over the next 5 to 10 years, not everyone who wants a job can find one. A recent study by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI), a liberal-leaning think tank in Washington, D.C., found that more than a third of recent computer science graduates aren’t working in their chosen major; of that group, almost a third say the reason is that there are no jobs available.

<snip>

Clearly, powerful forces must be at work to perpetuate the cycle. One is obvious: the bottom line. Companies would rather not pay STEM professionals high salaries with lavish benefits, offer them training on the job, or guarantee them decades of stable employment. So having an oversupply of workers, whether domestically educated or imported, is to their benefit. It gives employers a larger pool from which they can pick the “best and the brightest,” and it helps keep wages in check. No less an authority than Alan Greenspan, former chairman of the Federal Reserve, said as much when in 2007 he advocated boosting the number of skilled immigrants entering the United States so as to “suppress” the wages of their U.S. counterparts, which he considered too high.

There is a collusion between government and industry to make sure they can find a cheap immigrant to do something that Jim would expect more money for. That's how fascism works. Our nation has been sold out to a bunch of globalists, and it doesn't matter which party they are in. Makes no difference at all.

Pukes from both parties are mystified how Trump got the nomination. Average folks are fed up. They don't know if Trump will solve anything, but if he burns the whole place down, it certainly doesn't seem like it would be a whole lot worse than the way things stand right now.

So, we've established that all you know about is plagiarism.

Obviously you didn't read or scan the article. I didn't plagiarize anything. It was a VERY LONG article. I only quoted relevant parts in a different font. Wow, you really have an aversion to reading, sorry about your learning disability. Or is it a language thing?

Your contention is that there is no perfect match between job hunters and employers. Why should I tell you that isn't so when I can just quote the article and you can see for yourself it isn't the case? I realize not all STEM degrees are interchangeable, but at the numbers we are talking about, the difference is meaningless.

I used to think you had some modicum of intelligence. Are you drinking and taking drugs tonight, purposely being obtuse, or just a crank?

The fact is, industry, the central bank, and the globalists have purposely kept the market saturated with more qualified people in every STEM sector of the economy so that labor wages will be depressed.

Added to that, the pace of change is so quick, these professions need to be constantly retrained. It doesn't matter if you are an . . . .

Agroecology and Sustainable Agriculture
Animal Sciences
Agricultural Animal Breeding
Animal Health
Animal Nutrition
Dairy Science
Livestock Management
Poultry Science
Animal Sciences
Food Science
Food Technology and Processing
Food Science and Technology, Plant Sciences
Agronomy and Crop Science
[*]Horticultural Science
[*]Agricultural and Horticultural Plant Breeding
[*]Plant Protection and Integrated Pest Management
[*]Range Science and Management
[*]Plant Sciences
[*]Soil Science and Agronomy
[*]Soil Chemistry and Physics
[*]Soil Microbiology
[*]Soil Sciences
[*]Natural Resources/Conservation
[*]Environmental Studies
Environmental Science
Natural Resources Conservation and Research
Water, Wetlands, and Marine Resources Management
Forest Sciences and Biology
Urban Forestry
Wood Science and Wood Products/Pulp and Paper Technology
Wildlife, Fish and Wildlands Science and Management
Architectural and Building Sciences/Technology
Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia
Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics and Special Effects
Computer and Information Sciences
Artificial Intelligence
Information Technology
Informatics
Computer and Information Sciences
Computer Programming/Programmer
Computer Programming, Specific Applications
Computer Programming, Vendor/Product Certification
Computer Programming
Data Processing and Data Processing Technology/Technician
Information Science/Studies
Computer Systems Analysis/Analyst
Computer Science
Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design
Data Modeling/Warehousing and Database Administration
Computer Graphics
Modeling, Virtual Environments and Simulation
Computer Software and Media Applications
Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications
Network and System Administration/Administrator
System, Networking, and LAN/WAN Management/Manager
Computer and Information Systems Security/Information Assurance
Web/Multimedia Management and Webmaster
Information Technology Project Management11 111006 Computer Support Specialist
Computer/Information Technology Services Administration and Management
Educational/Instructional Technology
Educational Evaluation and Research
Educational Statistics and Research Methods
Engineering
Pre-Engineering
Aerospace, Aeronautical and Astronautical/Space Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Architectural Engineering
Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering
Ceramic Sciences and Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
Structural Engineering
Transportation and Highway Engineering
[*]Water Resources Engineering
[*]Civil Engineering
[*]Computer Engineering
[*]Computer Hardware Engineering
[*]Computer Software Engineering
[*]Computer Engineering
[*]Electrical and Electronics Engineering
[*]Laser and Optical Engineering
[*]Telecommunications Engineering
[*]Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering
[*]Engineering Mechanics
[*]Engineering Physics/Applied Physics
[*]Engineering Science14 141401 Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering
[*]Materials Engineering
[*]Mechanical Engineering
[*]Metallurgical Engineering
[*]Mining and Mineral Engineering
[*]Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
[*]Nuclear Engineering
[*]Ocean Engineering
[*]Petroleum Engineering
[*]Systems Engineering
[*]Textile Sciences and Engineering
[*]Polymer/Plastics Engineering
[*]Construction Engineering
[*]Forest Engineering
[*]Industrial Engineering
[*]Manufacturing Engineering
[*]Operations Research
[*]Surveying Engineering
[*]Geological/Geophysical Engineering
[*]Paper Science and Engineering
[*]Electromechanical Engineering
[*]Mechatronics, Robotics, and Automation Engineering
[*]Biochemical Engineering
[*]Engineering Chemistry
[*]Biological/Biosystems Engineering
[*]Engineering
[*]Engineering Technology
[*]Architectural Engineering Technology/Technician
[*]Civil Engineering Technology/Technician
[*]Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering
[*]Laser and Optical Technology/Technician
[*]Telecommunications Integrated Circuit Design
[*]Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technologies/Technicians
[*]Biomedical Technology/Technician
[*]Electromechanical Technology/Electromechanical Engineering
[*]Instrumentation Technology/Technician
[*]Robotics Technology/Technician
[*]Automation Engineer Technology/Technician
[*]Electromechanical and Instrumentation and Maintenance Technologies/Technicians
[*]Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering
[*]Energy Management and Systems Technology/Technician
[*]Solar Energy Technology/Technician
[*]Water Quality and Wastewater Treatment Management and Recycling
[*]Environmental Engineering Technology/Environmental Technology
[*]Hazardous Materials Management and Waste Technology/Technician
[*]Environmental Control Technologies/Technicians
[*]Plastics and Polymer Engineering Technology/Technician
[*]Metallurgical Technology/Technician
[*]Industrial Technology/Technician
[*]Manufacturing Engineering Technology/Technician
[*]Welding Engineering Technology/Technician
[*]Chemical Engineering Technology/Technician
[*]Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology
[*]Industrial Production Technologies/Technicians
[*]Occupational Safety and Health Technology/Technician
[*]Quality Control Technology/Technician
[*]Industrial Safety Technology/Technician
[*]Hazardous Materials Information Systems Technology/Technician
[*]Quality Control and Safety Technologies/Technicians
[*]Aeronautical/Aerospace
[*]Automotive Engineering Technology/Technician
[*]Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology/Technician
[*]Mechanical Engineering Related Technologies/Technicians
[*]Mining Technology/Technician
[*]Petroleum Technology/Technician
[*]Mining and Petroleum Technologies/Technicians
[*]Construction Engineering Technology/Technician
[*]Surveying Technology/Surveying
[*]Hydraulics and Fluid Power Technology/Technician
[*]Computer Engineering Technology/Technician
[*]Computer Technology/Computer Systems Technology
[*]Computer Hardware Technology/Technician
[*]Computer Software Technology/Technician
[*]Computer Engineering Technologies/Technicians
[*]Drafting and Design Technology/Technician
[*]CAD/CADD Drafting and/or Design Technology/Technician
[*]Architectural Drafting and Architectural CAD/CADD
[*]Civil Drafting and Civil Engineering CAD/CADD
[*]Electrical/Electronics Drafting and Electrical/Electronics CAD/CADD
[*]Mechanical Drafting and Mechanical Drafting CAD/CADD
[*]Drafting/Design Engineering Technologies/Technicians
[*]Nuclear Engineering Technology/Technician
[*]Engineering/Industrial Management
[*]Engineering Design
[*]Packaging Science
[*]Engineering-Related Fields
[*]Nanotechnology
[*]Engineering Technologies and Engineering-Related Fields
[*]Biology/Biological Sciences
[*]Biomedical Sciences26 260202 Biochemistry
[*]Biophysics
[*]Molecular Biology
[*]Molecular Biochemistry
[*]Molecular Biophysics
[*]Structural Biology
[*]Photobiology
[*]Radiation Biology/Radiobiology
[*]Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
[*]Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology
[*]Botany/Plant Biology
[*]Plant Pathology/Phytopathology
[*]Plant Physiology
[*]Plant Molecular Biology
[*]Botany/Plant Biology
[*]Cell/Cellular Biology and Histology
[*]Anatomy
[*]Developmental Biology and Embryology
[*]Cell/Cellular and Molecular Biology
[*]Cell Biology and Anatomy
[*]Cell/Cellular Biology and Anatomical Sciences
[*]Microbiology
[*]Medical Microbiology and Bacteriology
[*]Virology
[*]Parasitology
[*]Mycology
[*]Immunology
[*]Microbiology and Immunology
[*]Microbiological Sciences and Immunology
[*]Zoology/Animal Biology
[*]Entomology
[*]Animal Physiology
[*]Animal Behavior and Ethology
[*]Wildlife Biology
[*]Zoology/Animal Biology
[*]Genetics
[*]Molecular Genetics
[*]Microbial and Eukaryotic Genetics
[*]Animal Genetics
[*]Plant Genetics
[*]Human/Medical Genetics
[*]Genome Sciences/Genomics
[*]Genetics
[*]Physiology
[*]Molecular Physiology
[*]Cell Physiology
[*]Endocrinology
[*]Reproductive Biology
[*]Cardiovascular Science
[*]Exercise Physiology
[*]Vision Science/Physiological Optics
[*]Pathology/Experimental Pathology
[*]Oncology and Cancer Biology
[*]Aerospace Physiology and Medicine
[*]Physiology, Pathology, and Related Sciences
[*]Pharmacology
[*]Molecular Pharmacology
[*]Neuropharmacology
[*]Toxicology
[*]Molecular Toxicology
[*]Environmental Toxicology
[*]Pharmacology and Toxicology
[*]Pharmacology and Toxicology
[*]Biometry/Biometrics26 261102 Biostatistics
[*]Bioinformatics
[*]Computational Biology
[*]Biomathematics, Bioinformatics, and Computational Biology
[*]Biotechnology
[*]Ecology
[*]Marine Biology and Biological Oceanography
[*]Evolutionary Biology
[*]Aquatic Biology/Limnology
[*]Environmental Biology
[*]Population Biology
[*]Conservation Biology
[*]Systematic Biology/Biological Systematics
[*]Epidemiology
[*]Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
[*]Ecology, Evolution, Systematics and Population Biology
[*]Molecular Medicine
[*]Neuroscience
[*]Neuroanatomy
[*]Neurobiology and Anatomy
[*]Neurobiology and Behavior
[*]Neurobiology and Neurosciences
[*]Biological and Biomedical Sciences
[*]Mathematics
[*]Algebra and Number Theory
[*]Analysis and Functional Analysis
[*]Geometry/Geometric Analysis
[*]Topology and Foundations
[*]Mathematics
[*]Applied Mathematics
[*]Computational Mathematics
[*]Computational and Applied Mathematics27 270305 Financial Mathematics
[*]Mathematical Biology
[*]Applied Mathematics
[*]Statistics
[*]Mathematical Statistics and Probability
[*]Mathematics and Statistics
[*]Statistics
[*]Mathematics and Statistics
[*]Air Science/Airpower Studies
[*]Air and Space Operational Art and Science
[*]Naval Science and Operational Studies
[*]Intelligence
[*]Strategic Intelligence
[*]Signal/Geospatial Intelligence
[*]Command & Control (C3, C4I) Systems and Operations
[*]Information Operations/Joint Information Operations
[*]Information/Psychological Warfare and Military Media Relations
[*]Cyber/Electronic Operations and Warfare
[*]ntelligence, Command Control and Information Operations
[*]Combat Systems Engineering
[*]Directed Energy Systems
[*]Engineering Acoustics
[*]Low-Observables and Stealth Technology
[*]Space Systems Operations
[*]Operational Oceanography
[*]Undersea Warfare
[*]Military Applied Sciences
[*]Aerospace Ground Equipment Technology
[*]Air and Space Operations Technology
[*]Aircraft Armament Systems Technology
[*]Explosive Ordinance/Bomb Disposal
[*]Joint Command/Task Force (C3, C4I) Systems
[*]Military Information Systems Technology
[*]Missile and Space Systems Technology
[*]Munitions Systems/Ordinance Technology
[*]Radar Communications and Systems Technology
[*]Military Systems and Maintenance Technology
[*]Military Technologies and Applied Sciences
[*]Biological and Physical Sciences
[*]Systems Science and Theory
[*]Mathematics and Computer Science
[*]Biopsychology
[*]Behavioral Sciences
[*]Natural Sciences
[*]Nutrition Sciences
[*]Cognitive Science
[*]Human Biology
[*]Computational Science
[*]Human Computer Interaction
[*]Marine Sciences
[*]Sustainability Studies
[*]Physical Sciences
[*]Astronomy
[*]Astrophysics
[*]Planetary Astronomy and Science
[*]Astronomy and Astrophysics
[*]Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology
[*]Atmospheric Chemistry and Climatology
[*]Atmospheric Physics and Dynamics
[*]Meteorology
[*]Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology
[*]Chemistry
[*]Analytical Chemistry
[*]Inorganic Chemistry
[*]Organic Chemistry
[*]Physical Chemistry
[*]Polymer Chemistry
[*]Chemical Physics
[*]Environmental Chemistry
[*]Forensic Chemistry
[*]Theoretical Chemistry
[*]Chemistry
[*]Geology/Earth Science
[*]Geochemistry
[*]Geophysics and Seismology
[*]Paleontology
[*]Hydrology and Water Resources Science
[*]Geochemistry and Petrology
[*]Oceanography, Chemical and Physical
[*]Geological and Earth Sciences/Geosciences
[*]Physics
[*]Atomic/Molecular Physics
[*]Elementary Particle Physics
[*]Plasma and High-Temperature Physics
[*]Nuclear Physics
[*]Optics/Optical Sciences
[*]Condensed Matter and Materials Physics
[*]Acoustics
[*]Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
[*]Physics
[*]Materials Science
[*]Materials Chemistry
[*]Materials Sciences
[*]Physical Sciences
[*]Science Technologies/Technicians
[*]Biology Technician/Biotechnology Laboratory Technician
[*]Industrial Radiologic Technology/Technician
[*]Nuclear/Nuclear Power Technology/Technician
[*]Nuclear and Industrial Radiologic Technologies/Technicians
[*]Chemical Technology/Technician
[*]Chemical Process Technology
[*]Physical Science Technologies/Technicians
[*]Science Technologies/Technicians
[*]Cognitive Psychology and Psycholinguistics
[*]Comparative Psychology
[*]Developmental and Child Psychology
[*]Experimental Psychology
[*]Personality Psychology
[*]Physiological Psychology/Psychobiology
[*]Social Psychology
[*]Psychometrics and Quantitative Psychology
[*]Psychopharmacology
[*]Research and Experimental Psychology
[*]Forensic Science and Technology
[*]Cyber/Computer Forensics and Counterterrorism
[*]Archeology
[*]Econometrics and Quantitative Economics
[*]Geographic Information Science and Cartography
[*]Aeronautics/Aviation/Aerospace Science and Technology
[*]Cytotechnology/Cytotechnologist
[*]Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology/Technologist
[*]Medical Scientist
[*]Pharmaceutics and Drug Design
[*]Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
[*]Natural Products Chemistry and Pharmacognosy
[*]Clinical and Industrial Drug Development
[*]Pharmacoeconomics/Pharmaceutical Economics
[*]Industrial and Physical Pharmacy and Cosmetic Sciences51
[*]Pharmaceutical Sciences
[*]Environmental Health
[*]Health/Medical Physics
[*]Veterinary Anatomy
[*]Veterinary Physiology
[*]Veterinary Microbiology and Immunobiology
[*]Veterinary Pathology and Pathobiology
[*]Veterinary Toxicology and Pharmacology
[*]Veterinary Preventive Medicine Epidemiology and Public Health
[*]Veterinary Infectious Diseases
[*]Medical Informatics
[*]Management Science
[*]Business Statistics
[*]Actuarial Science
[*]Management Science and Quantitative Methods

Business and industry are cheap and profit oriented. They would prefer to externalize that cost onto the employee rather than pick up the tab. If there is a fierce competition for jobs, the potential job seekers are more willing to foot the bill for keeping their training current. If you can't understand what is posted and need help with it, ask, don't be an ass.

Nice waste of electrons.

And now we see why our children are failing.

They are being taught by trolls that have the intellectual depth of late night talk show hosts.
jdg.gif

Our educational system has made Americans only capable of flipping burgers, that's why.
The software engineers who built IBM, MS and Oracle were burger flippers?

You mean those engineers who are pretty much all gray haired and retired now? He's talking about today's work force, stupid, not the one from the 1970s.
Sure, we all know that EVERY engineer working for MS was 60 years old post 9/11.
How fucking stupid are you?

Apparently not stupid enough to believe that Oracle, Microsoft, and IBM were founded after 9/11

The fact is, industry, the central bank, and the globalists have purposely kept the market saturated with more qualified people in every STEM sector of the economy so that labor wages will be depressed......

You're looking for the conspiracy forum, fruitcake.
Entering-the-state-of-Denial1.png

How long have you been away? I'm glad to see you are returning home to your safe place.
quote-great-spirits-have-always-encountered-violent-opposition-from-mediocre-minds-the-mediocre-mind-is-albert-einstein-226507.jpg

Nah, I just leave that to you liberals to exemplify, which NEVER fails to manifest itself in almost every thread. :p

First, I am not a liberal. That should take care of any other items. You are simply ignorant about education in this country whereas I do it for my vocation and have the education to back it up. What have you got? Chain e-mails?

I have published reports on the steadily lowering SAT and ACT test scores over the last 540 years. ...

Care to try that again, idiot?
sat-scores.jpg

Historical_Average_SAT_Scores_2016.png
Now, how many kids do NOT take the SAT?

You will also note the changes are about 5 points in math, which is about a 1% change.

You are not aware why there are two different charts above are you?

Allow me to bring you into the real world. Why do you support mediocrity?

`Recentered' Scores Just Another Step Toward Mediocrity
June 17, 1994|By Charles Krauthammer, (copyright) 1994, Washington Post Writers Group.

WASHINGTON — The nation's SAT scores are going to be "recentered." Lovely word. It means that every child in America will get something like 100 free points added to his score. There hasn't been a promised giveaway like it since the famed chicken-in-every-pot and George McGovern's $1,000 government handout to every living American. Except that, mere numbers being easier to manufacture than real chickens and real money, this promise will be kept. By next April, every high schooler in America will look a hundred points smarter.

Why? The College Board says: To make it easier for students and parents to find the average. When the modern SATs were started in 1941, the average score was 500. They have since slid 76 points in verbal and 22 points in math. Because "most infrequent users of the SAT expect the average to be about 500," explains the College Board, they tend to misinterpret the results. They think a 424 verbal is below average, whereas in fact it is today's sorry mean. We will now cure them of this debilitating misapprehension by "recentering": By decree, every 424 turns into a cool 500.

`Recentered' Scores Just Another Step Toward Mediocrity

Our educational system has made Americans only capable of flipping burgers, that's why.
The software engineers who built IBM, MS and Oracle were burger flippers?

You mean those engineers who are pretty much all gray haired and retired now? He's talking about today's work force, stupid, not the one from the 1970s.
Sure, we all know that EVERY engineer working for MS was 60 years old post 9/11.
How fucking stupid are you?

Apparently not stupid enough to believe that Oracle, Microsoft, and IBM were founded after 9/11

Apparently ignorant enough not to know that post 9/11 they all claimed that non-Indians were lacking in relevant IT skills, fired software developers from every nation BUT India and imported ONLY Indian Business Visas.

... Mr. I Love Illegal Immigrants.....

Is recognizing that most illegal immigrants, though they should not have been able to come here illegally, are not monsters to inspire the pants-wetting fear that controls YOU, "love"? I have only ever recognized (rationally) that illegal immigration is a problem and that the government has a responsibility to secure our borders, no matter how often you lie and misrepresent, douche.
your inveterate postings that the US should welcome the entire world regardless of our current economic state.

I've never said that, you lying sack of crap. Nothing to say so you are forced to resort to dishonesty?

You have stated such several times....

No I have not, you lying sack of crap.

Forum List

Back