Wireless internet 802.1 a,b,g

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
Anyone have a Linksys Wireless Access Point router?

I may need some help getting my laptop/wireless-NIC card to access the network. This wireless shit is driving me crazy, but it seems better than running ethernet cables all over my house as we have 4 computers in different rooms now.

Right now I have a PC wired directly to the router and it's working great. I'd like to get this laptop online so I can use it up in my room.

I don't have a network yet, just trying to get all the comps. online.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Anyone have a Linksys Wireless Access Point router?

I may need some help getting my laptop/wireless-NIC card to access the network. This wireless shit is driving me crazy, but it seems better than running ethernet cables all over my house as we have 4 computers in different rooms now.

Right now I have a PC wired directly to the router and it's working great. I'd like to get this laptop online so I can use it up in my room.

I don't have a network yet, just trying to get all the comps. online.
All you have to do to get it to work is have a wireless adapter on your laptop. I use the same system. Do you have a cardbus adapter?

Originally posted by freeandfun1
All you have to do to get it to work is have a wireless adapter on your laptop. I use the same system. Do you have a cardbus adapter?

You going to be here in a bit? (I hope so)
I'll cut and paste my hardware profile.
Back in about 30 mins.

I just have the linksys wireless card, not sure what the cardbus adapter is.

You going to be here in a bit? (I hope so)
I'll cut and paste my hardware profile.
Back in about 30 mins.
what windows system do you use?

XP home.

Once you plug the card into your laptop and reboot, it should automatically find the wireless network. Go to open networks, find the wireless network and connect to it. Should work like a charm unless you WEP enabled the router.....

you might have to change your connection setting in IE or NS or whatever browser you are using.

Forum List

Back