fatal windows error

Originally posted by dilloduck
I get a windows fatal exception error from time to time OE 0028:FF2C047B)

any tips to deal with this?

Which OS?

gotta give more info dillo

what OS

is it random or does it happen at a certain point in a program, etc.

when this started happening, what was the last thing changed on the system.

best i can do on the info for now---it appears to come when I click on something---doesnt matter what--then it crashes. Thanks for the help don't knock yourself out-----so far its not too irritating.

I've got one for ya....

(using windows 98, 2nd edition, IE 6.032800.1106IC)

Sometimes when I visit a site (especially Google) the page shows the code instead of the page. I have uninstalled and re-installed IE, I have Adaware and SpySweeper on my puter.... I can't get it to stop!

best i can do on the info for now---it appears to come when I click on something---doesnt matter what--then it crashes. Thanks for the help don't knock yourself out-----so far its not too irritating.

Take a look the direction of your modem driver and modem hardware. -If you have one.

Either that or shared irq's would be my second guess.

I am finding modems are getting the error range you are referring to.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I've got one for ya....

(using windows 98, 2nd edition, IE 6.032800.1106IC)

Sometimes when I visit a site (especially Google) the page shows the code instead of the page. I have uninstalled and re-installed IE, I have Adaware and SpySweeper on my puter.... I can't get it to stop!

What do you mean by code.....raw html?

The last few versions of IE have been plagued with problems in the installers. Check your security settings. They are most likely to restrictive. Whatever you lower to, you have to immediately close out and reboot for settings to take effect. Did this first start occuring after an upgrade or software change?

Originally posted by NewGuy
The last few versions of IE have been plagued with problems in the installers. Check your security settings. They are most likely to restrictive. Whatever you lower to, you have to immediately close out and reboot for settings to take effect. Did this first start occuring after an upgrade or software change?

Yes. I prefer Netscape and I installed it here in the office, but certain sites don't support Netscape so I had to uninstall it..... then this crap started.

There ARE .dll files that netscape throws in to override windows .dlls which may now have been removed. I would suggest reinstalling IE after an uninstall of it.

The uninstall would be critical in case there is a problem with the current version isolated from the windows stuff.

I always use netscape, mozilla, or opera.

Of course, I use Slackware at home for my OS and CAN'T use IE.

:D

Originally posted by NewGuy
There ARE .dll files that netscape throws in to override windows .dlls which may now have been removed. I would suggest reinstalling IE after an uninstall of it.

The uninstall would be critical in case there is a problem with the current version isolated from the windows stuff.

I always use netscape, mozilla, or opera.

Of course, I use Slackware at home for my OS and CAN'T use IE.

:D

gracias.....

I'm gonna thank you too before I check it out--Hey trying to help is worth some appreciation too.

I get a windows fatal exception error from time to time OE 0028:FF2C047B)

any tips to deal with this?

This is what I do when I have any type of computer problem.
It works really well for any and everything.

First I sit real still, take a deep breath filling my lungs as full of air as possible, then SCREAM, 'DKKKKKKKK!!!!! HELP!"

Hope this helps.

:)

Forum List

Back