Winners & Losers in NFL CBA

Anachronism

Rookie
Jan 30, 2011
New England
Ok folks, it looks like the NFL will have a new CBA by the end of next week. The NFL league year will start next Thursday and by tomorrow (Tuesday) we'll have transactions. So who are the winners and the losers out of all of this?

• Banned
I would suggest that the Owners & Players both WIN in this thing, though nowhere near as much as either side would like.

The LOSERS.... Fans of the REAL NFL pre-1994) and football in general.

Ok folks, it looks like the NFL will have a new CBA by the end of next week. The NFL league year will start next Thursday and by tomorrow (Tuesday) we'll have transactions. So who are the winners and the losers out of all of this?

CBA . . . let's see . . . I Googled it. California Bar Association. California Board of Accountancy. Commercial Brokers Association. California Bluegrass Association. Commercial Bankers Association. Christian Brothers Acadamy. Columbia Bar Association.

None of those sound quite right.

So what does "CBA" mean, in the context of the NFL?

CBA . . . let's see . . . I Googled it. California Bar Association. California Board of Accountancy. Commercial Brokers Association. California Bluegrass Association. Commercial Bankers Association. Christian Brothers Acadamy. Columbia Bar Association.

Probably Collective Bargaining Agreement

I would hazard to guess the fans will be the biggest losers

Probably Collective Bargaining Agreement

Of course. Thank you!

Last edited:

Money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Watch as ticket prices go up, higher seat licenses, more games on pay per view, fewer seats

Somebody has to pay for the deal

Agreed!

( someone write down the date and time I agreed with Rightwinger )

I imagine the price for everything NFL will go up, making it more difficult for folks to afford to go to a game.

And it will be more than just gouging the suckers who go to the games. It will be NFL Network, NFL properties, what they charge a bar to show the game. All to lay the groundwork for their ultimate goal

Pay per view play offs and Super Bowl

Money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Watch as ticket prices go up, higher seat licenses, more games on pay per view, fewer seats

Somebody has to pay for the deal

Agreed!

I imagine the price for everything NFL will go up, making it more difficult for folks to afford to go to a game.

And it will be more than just gouging the suckers who go to the games. It will be NFL Network, NFL properties, what they charge a bar to show the game. All to lay the groundwork for their ultimate goal

Exactly. And I for one will never pay to watch the playoff games and the Superbowl through Pay-Per-View.

Agreed!

Exactly. And I for one will never pay to watch the playoff games and the Superbowl through Pay-Per-View.

Me neither, I'd just go to the local bar to see the playoffs haha.

I would suggest that the Owners & Players both WIN in this thing, though nowhere near as much as either side would like.

The LOSERS.... Fans of the REAL NFL pre-1994) and football in general.

:clap2: I have to admit seeing someone else get it was the last kind of reply I expected. Props.

Screw these assholes. I love football but I'd give a week's pay to see the NFL go away forever; I'm that sick of the sewage pit it has become.

Agreed!

I bet you would. I bet if it happened and Super Bowl time was approaching and all the hullabaloo was going on and stores started merching up, TV ads increased, ESPN started getting hot and heavy with the coverage leading up to it, and last but not least, the Patriots were in the super bowl...you would pony up the money in a heart beat, because the thought of not seeing the super bowl, with your team in it to boot, would be gut wrenching.

It will be a cold day in hell when I pay to see any NFL game or purchase any tickets or even merchandise (jerseys etc). Heck I only half watched it on Sunday anyway and less and less as the years go on due to all the childish and asinine circus antics. Now paying extra to do so? lol. I don't think so. Screw em.

I bet you would. I bet if it happened and Super Bowl time was approaching and all the hullabaloo was going on and stores started merching up, TV ads increased, ESPN started getting hot and heavy with the coverage leading up to it, and last but not least, the Patriots were in the super bowl...you would pony up the money in a heart beat, because the thought of not seeing the super bowl, with your team in it to boot, would be gut wrenching.

It would be great business for the local bars.

Forum List

Back