Windows 11

Windows 11 is crap.
It locks up.
It is full of bugs.
It is hard to reset/restart.
You would think that by now Microsoft would know how to deploy a beta tested debugged operating system.

Funny how my Win 11 beats the earlier windows hand over foot. If you are having trouble with it, then you probably are your districts distributor of Viruses and Worms.

Gates figured out a way to legally extort billions of dollars from his customers with Windows "updates". And now he is President Xi Jinping's favorite American. Uh oh!
Windows 3.1, 3.11, Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Window Me, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10! What a bunch of shit. Add to that the Office versions with Microsoft refusing to support them after 10 years. It is a scam to separate as many people from their money as possible. Just make tweaks that have to be repaired every year or two while Gates gets richer. Windows 10 won't run my version of Photoshop. SMH.

Funny how my Win 11 beats the earlier windows hand over foot. If you are having trouble with it, then you probably are your districts distributor of Viruses and Worms.
It's not just me.

Windows 11 really sucks - Microsoft Community

Windows 11 does suck. First to log off, I have to right click, then select shutdown or sign off, then select shutdown. All I did was select select shutdown from windows icon. Also …

Windows 11, the latest of Microsoft's most hated Windows

Windows 11, the latest of Microsoft's most hated Windows releases. Too soon? Not every version would be as beloved as Windows XP or Windows 7. In our humble opinion, these …

Windows 11 is so broken that even Microsoft can’t fix it

By Matt Hanson. published 19 May 2023. Microsoft admits there are Windows 11 problems it just can’t fix. (Image credit: Stokkete / Shutterstock) Microsoft has just made a pretty …

Windows 3.1, 3.11, Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Window Me, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10! What a bunch of shit. Add to that the Office versions with Microsoft refusing to support them after 10 years. It is a scam to separate as many people from their money as possible. Just make tweaks that have to be repaired every year or two while Gates gets richer. Windows 10 won't run my version of Photoshop. SMH.
Yea, XP and 7 were the most stable.
For the first time I am considering buying an Apple computer.
Most of my Windows programs are no longer compatible anymore anyway.

Yea, XP and 7 were the most stable.
For the first time I am considering buying an Apple computer.
Most of my Windows programs are no longer compatible anymore anyway.
My opine... the best M$ operating system ever made was Windows 2000.
It was made for business only, and was sort of a stripped down version of WinXP as WinXP was built on the Win 2000 NT platform.
It was super -super reliable. It's twin Windows Server 2000 which became Server 2003 was used by manufacturers clear into the late 2010s.

The worst M$ OS ever made was undeniably the first generation of NT Workstation. OMG was it bad.
I can only imagine the - truly- lost $billions in productivity by businesses who were unlucky enough to buy systems that used that platform. No less as bad as the short lived Windows ME.

My opine... the best M$ operating system ever made was Windows 2000.
It was made for business only, and was sort of a stripped down version of WinXP as WinXP was built on the Win 2000 NT platform.
It was super -super reliable. It's twin Windows Server 2000 which became Server 2003 was used by manufacturers clear into the late 2010s.

The worst M$ OS ever made was undeniably the first generation of NT Workstation. OMG was it bad.
I can only imagine the - truly- lost $billions in productivity by businesses who were unlucky enough to buy systems that used that platform. No less as bad as the short lived Windows ME.
I am thinking about switching to Apple.

I am thinking about switching to Apple.
On the design side of our business I use a Mac everyday, and have for years.
Apple's OS is more "elegant" and far-far less intrusive than M$.
And because of how Apple uses memory, think of it as "parking" apps while you are using a different one. On Windows, a program will consume memory whether you are using it or not. Apple "parks" programs and gives the memory to what you are actually using. This efficient use of memory is why Apple can operate equally as fast on less than half the RAM of M$.
Having said that, they are a bit buggy at times. Programs will just stop working. Rarely when you are using them, thank God, but if you have several programs open and switch over to one... too often it simply won't launch or open a file. And you have to restart the program.

I read this post in time because I was thinking of installing Windows 11 because at the moment I have Windows 10 and I wanted to install it because there are bugs at times but there is also the fact that thanks to the brand of my computer it is possible for me to still play old PC games because they are the ones I prefer.

I read this post in time because I was thinking of installing Windows 11 because at the moment I have Windows 10 and I wanted to install it because there are bugs at times but there is also the fact that thanks to the brand of my computer it is possible for me to still play old PC games because they are the ones I prefer.
If you are using an older computer DO NOT install Windows 11, it's resource intensive. Each update only adds in bogging down your system.

Ok, thanks my computer is not old it is from 2021.
I see, if it does what you want, no real benefit from upgrading. The additional resource drain is noticeable in gaming. Plus Win 11 is pushing AI integration in some of their core programs. Not sure what the effects of that will be yet.

Windows 11 has trouble with some older programs. If I needed a gamer machine I would go back to Win2000NT which has a 32 and a 16 bit capability.

If you are using an older computer DO NOT install Windows 11, it's resource intensive. Each update only adds in bogging down your system.

My computer is quite old by any standard. But I have upgraded it by increasing the Memory and changed the HD to a digital one. Of course, I bought it right. One of my computers does need a graphics upgrade to make windows 11 run almost anything. But the 7 year old laptop is able to run all but one program I know of and it's fast, really fast.

Don't blame the rest of the computer because you don't have at least 8gigs of ram memory and a Digital HD.

My computer is quite old by any standard. But I have upgraded it by increasing the Memory and changed the HD to a digital one. Of course, I bought it right. One of my computers does need a graphics upgrade to make windows 11 run almost anything. But the 7 year old laptop is able to run all but one program I know of and it's fast, really fast.

Don't blame the rest of the computer because you don't have at least 8gigs of ram memory and a Digital HD.
You are missing the point. Win 11 is way more resource intensive than Win 10. Just look at RAM usage for basic system functions. 8G RAM doesn't go far on Win 11. More importantly is what you are using your computer for. If you primarily use low resource intensity programs you might not notice the difference.

Windows 11 is crap.
It locks up.
It is full of bugs.
It is hard to reset/restart.
You would think that by now Microsoft would know how to deploy a beta tested debugged operating system.
if you don't mind owning a Laptop computer rather than a Desktop computer, you could try getting a Samsung Google Chrome Laptop. you don't have to worry about problems with the Microsoft Windows operating system on the Google Chromebook. I have had no problems with Chrome. As long as you click to update Chrome when it prompts you to and backup when it's time to backup your laptop and take a quick Google survey about your satisfaction with your Chromebook when it asks you to, it will work very smoothly and very fast. Mostly, it's just updates you need to do once in a while. And the updates, backups, and surveys only take about one minute. My Google Chromebook is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back