Wind has overtaken coal for energy use in Texas

Wind power is 4 times more expensive than they would have you believe.

A wind turbine barely generated 25% of its rated output so in order to get 2 MW or actual power from wind you have to install four 2 MW turbines.

Why we are spending so much money and cluttering up so much of our natural spaces with these things is a mystery to me
Really? You can't think of any reasons? Try reading OP's post #14.

There is not one good reason to waste that much money on an intermittent power supply that runs at 25% of capacity
Technology always improves as we go along. Would it not be awesome to cut back on our polluting, fossil fuel use? To use a source that will never run out? Are you in favor of just continuing to burn coal and oil until it's gone and then taking one of Elon Musk's space shuttles to Mars?
You have fallen for the old non renewable resource mantra.
Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) | American Gas Association
Oil Fields Are Refilling... Naturally - Pennsylvania Gas Prices
US finds evidence that oil fields renew themselves — Alexander's Gas and Oil Connections
Oil Fields' Free Refill / Seepage from the depths in some reservoirs hints at greater resources than expected
Oil Fields Are Refilling...Naturally - Sometimes Rapidly There Are More Oil Seeps Than All The Tankers On Earth

It also enables us to reserve or export more petroleum and other fossil fuels.

Wind energy is booming in Middle America and creating a huge demand for workers who can keep turbines spinning.
Not blowing smoke: Wind has overtaken 'risky' coal for energy use in Texas for the first time
Wind has not come anywhere overtaking fossil fuel in Texas

Wind has already overtaken fossil fuel for electricity in my state.

Texas can do the same thing.

Wind energy is booming in Middle America and creating a huge demand for workers who can keep turbines spinning.
Not blowing smoke: Wind has overtaken 'risky' coal for energy use in Texas for the first time
Wind has not come anywhere overtaking fossil fuel in Texas

Wind has already overtaken fossil fuel for electricity in my state.

Texas can do the same thing.
Nope, coal is just one fuel. Most new plants are gas

Lol what state do you live in that kills owls condors hawks and eagles and brags
Dead owl under windmill - Bing images

Too bad every other industrialized nation has high speed trains except for us. Maybe Texas can do that too.

bombardier-double-deck-train-switzerland.jpg

high-speed-railaround-the-world-china-12-036-miles-europe-6-453-12580928.png

(China has over 40,000 kilometers now)

Too bad every other industrialized nation has high speed trains except for us. Maybe Texas can do that too.

bombardier-double-deck-train-switzerland.jpg

(China has over 40,000 kilometers now)
High speed trains are useless for general commuting, as before they can get up to speed they have to slow down to let people on and off.

PS They also require more fossil fuel or nuke plants to run

Wind turbines paid for by your tax dollars.
And killing birds of prey

Dead owl under windmill - Bing images
If armadillos could fly....

At the expense of the landscape, not to mention the ‘carbon footprint’, mining and child labor that goes into producing these tasteless, ugly AGW sheep war-of-the-worlds pinwheels.
Democrats should not be allowed to vote nor be involved in any creative aspects of aesthetics.

Chernobyl, Fukushima. 3% of nuclear waste from a nuclear power plant is high level:
High-level wastes can remain highly radioactive for thousands of years. They need to be disposed of deep underground in engineered facilities built in stable geological formations. While no such facilities for high-level wastes currently operate, their feasibility has been demonstrated and there are several countries now in the process of designing and constructing them.

90% of the waste is "low level" and it is simply buried. Poisoning Mother Earth, our very soil and groundwater, for a cheap electric bill.

This stuff is deadly. A meltdown would equally be deadly and render the area uninhabitable for decades, at least (if Chernobyl is any indication).

Personally, even though it is risky, I don't object to continuing to use it. I object to using it MORE instead of turning to more responsible alternatives. We only have one planet. Poison it too much and we're screwed. Being responsible for killing half the human population is bad; being responsible for making our planet uninhabitable is AWFUL. I don't want to be part of the jamoke generation that chooses that.

Chernobyl, Fukushima. 3% of nuclear waste from a nuclear power plant is high level:
High-level wastes can remain highly radioactive for thousands of years. They need to be disposed of deep underground in engineered facilities built in stable geological formations. While no such facilities for high-level wastes currently operate, their feasibility has been demonstrated and there are several countries now in the process of designing and constructing them.

90% of the waste is "low level" and it is simply buried. Poisoning Mother Earth, our very soil and groundwater, for a cheap electric bill.

This stuff is deadly. A meltdown would equally be deadly and render the area uninhabitable for decades, at least (if Chernobyl is any indication).

Personally, even though it is risky, I don't object to continuing to use it. I object to using it MORE instead of turning to more responsible alternatives. We only have one planet. Poison it too much and we're screwed. Being responsible for killing half the human population is bad; being responsible for making our planet uninhabitable is AWFUL. I don't want to be part of the jamoke generation that chooses that.
3 percent of nuclear waste from nuclear plants could also kill every human on the earth

Forum List

Back