Wind has overtaken coal for energy use in Texas

Windmills don't kill birds here. Our windmills are out in the desert. I've photographed them countless times. There are no dead birds anywhere by windmills. You're repeating a very old lie
Not a lie, but I'm glad YOURE not murdering birds and bats. That is an established FACT.

I've photographed the windmills in California, Hawaii and here in Washington. I started photographing them in the 1990s. Not once have I ever seen a dead bird by the windmills. None in all those states.

If there's dead birds somewhere because of windmills it's not here or the other two states I've photographed windmills.

I have never, ever seen a dead bird by a windmill.

Birds are stupid but not that stupid. They fly above the windmills. I've seen countless birds flying above windmills through the decades. The windmills aren't that tall and birds fly much higher than the windmills.
One of my neighbors went to the Town and asked permission to install a wind turbine for his home. This was .. oh, maybe twenty years ago, when the new turbines were first coming out. So anyway, we live on a hill and he was told no, because it could kill seabirds (we live on the ocean) when they migrate.
Now all the buzz is a giant offshore wind farm, and no one seems to give a damn about the birds anymore. Especially not the seagulls.
Chernobyl, Fukushima. 3% of nuclear waste from a nuclear power plant is high level:
High-level wastes can remain highly radioactive for thousands of years. They need to be disposed of deep underground in engineered facilities built in stable geological formations. While no such facilities for high-level wastes currently operate, their feasibility has been demonstrated and there are several countries now in the process of designing and constructing them.

90% of the waste is "low level" and it is simply buried. Poisoning Mother Earth, our very soil and groundwater, for a cheap electric bill.

This stuff is deadly. A meltdown would equally be deadly and render the area uninhabitable for decades, at least (if Chernobyl is any indication).

Personally, even though it is risky, I don't object to continuing to use it. I object to using it MORE instead of turning to more responsible alternatives. We only have one planet. Poison it too much and we're screwed. Being responsible for killing half the human population is bad; being responsible for making our planet uninhabitable is AWFUL. I don't want to be part of the jamoke generation that chooses that.

Chernobyl was a 1 off design that was never used anywhere else.

And Fukishima was poorly placed in an earthquake prone area

You do know that France has been generating almost 80% of their electricity from nuclear power for then past 30 plus years don't you?

So where are all your disaster stories from France? in one sentence you say technology is getting better all the time but in the next you say that nuclear power can never get safer?

Next generation reactors can be buried underground, they run at atmosphere not under pressure like the old light water plants. They can use the nuclear waste we have sitting around for fuel. They can be built off site and shipped by rail. They are incapable of melting down or overheating.

One 50 MW reactor will power a small town for up to 30 years without being refueled.
Those innovations sound very cool, Blues Man. I still think it is better to not play with fire if we have alternatives, which we do. But some of those improvements--if they are actually ready to be implemented--sound good.

It also enables us to reserve or export more petroleum and other fossil fuels.

Wind energy is booming in Middle America and creating a huge demand for workers who can keep turbines spinning.
Not blowing smoke: Wind has overtaken 'risky' coal for energy use in Texas for the first time

Please define "booming" :113:

Wind and solar COMBINED generate about 6% of the electricity in the entire country.:auiqs.jpg:

You see folks....when progressives use terms like "higher", "increasing", "booming" etc.....your radar needs to come up >> Dept of Fakery alert.

So "booming" for some.....lol....well when you compare it to something, not so booming :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::backpedal:

Wind and solar energy is still a joke and will be for decades. But dont take my word for it. Check Obama's EIA 2017 Projection Report!:2up:

Of which most are out in west Tx. Let’s send that west Texas sand we all choke on further up into the atmosphere! Let the whole state choke, anytime the wind blows out there.
Wonder how much worse asthma and allergies have gotten there? Clean coal burning is much cleaner.
View attachment 270979

And let’s be sure to deplete the soil of as much of its little moisture as we can. Not to mention frying the birds.
If you're going for stupidest post of the day, you may have a winner here.
Tell me why it is stupid? Ever dealt with west Tx sand blowing toward the east? Ever had asthma or severe allergies? Seen what the SAL does when it hits the US, blowing in from the Saharan desert?
Saharan Dust Triggers Allergy and Sinus Symptoms in the Rio Grande Valley - South Texas Sinus Institute
The wind milss are not causing dumb ass

Wind energy is booming in Middle America and creating a huge demand for workers who can keep turbines spinning.
Not blowing smoke: Wind has overtaken 'risky' coal for energy use in Texas for the first time
When I was driving through Indiana back around 1990, I saw many farms like this--it makes sense. My family powered their whole point of land, with three homes and two large barns, with one a hundred years ago. They work. It's a shame that has been poopooed by the people who are earning their billions on oil and coal.

e6c791e4e968d2433f01a935ffc0964c.jpg

e6c791e4e968d2433f01a935ffc0964c.jpg

Very picturesque. Is this?
View attachment 270990
It's gotta come from somewhere. They're not so bad looking, actually.
Is this?
View attachment 270991
You know that's WATER VAPOR dont you?
Not coming out a coal plant dumbass.

Lol....this idiot exactly proved my point with one single post!!

Notice the loose association terms in every headline above!

Impressive, right?

Yep....until it is compared to something!!

Every single argument put forth by a progressive gets freight trained when they have to answer one of two questions.....

1) At what cost

2) As compared to what?

Solar and wind have been "booming" for 20 years according to the media but still only provide America with about 6% of our electricity!

6% :113::113::cul2:

waiting around for the oceans to rise is not the american way.

a Democrat President will end the coal industry and give us clean energy

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-states-use-the-most-renewable-energy?slide=8

Solar energy is far ahead of wind energy.... Wind energy as a joke.
Proven here in South Dakota.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-states-use-the-most-renewable-energy?slide=8

Wind has not come anywhere overtaking fossil fuel in Texas

Wind has already overtaken fossil fuel for electricity in my state.

Texas can do the same thing.
Lol
Why not an “all of the above” strategy?
Why limit yourself to one thing... less you’re a fucking retard.

Up here in the northern plains, we need fossil fuels... if it wasn’t for fossil fuels it would be a fucking waste land...

Too bad every other industrialized nation has high speed trains except for us. Maybe Texas can do that too.

bombardier-double-deck-train-switzerland.jpg

high-speed-railaround-the-world-china-12-036-miles-europe-6-453-12580928.png

(China has over 40,000 kilometers now)
Lol
We don’t need that in this country, the fucking government needs to stay out of peoples private property....

Too bad every other industrialized nation has high speed trains except for us. Maybe Texas can do that too.

Lol
We don’t need that in this country, the fucking government needs to stay out of peoples private property....
Good. When do I get my $100.000 refund from Uncle Sam for my tax money that went to wars I didn't vote for ?

Lol
Good. When do I get my $100.000 refund from Uncle Sam for my tax money that went to wars I didn't vote for ?
Lol
We don’t want a bunch of fucked up trains running all over people’s private property....

They look like shit

Lol
We don’t want a bunch of fucked up trains running all over people’s private property....

They look like shit
Have you ever driven from Dallas to Denver ?
Not a whole lot to see in between is there ?
A rail line would be a landscape improvement if done right.
p799_d20150831173957_thumb_b.jpg
Lol
You’re missing the point, those rail lines have to go across peoples private property… Unacceptable

Forum List

Back