Wind has overtaken coal for energy use in Texas

Of which most are out in west Tx. Let’s send that west Texas sand we all choke on further up into the atmosphere! Let the whole state choke, anytime the wind blows out there.
Wonder how much worse asthma and allergies have gotten there? Clean coal burning is much cleaner.
53AA59B5-AF41-4A17-A60A-B1CF6CB093F7.jpeg

And let’s be sure to deplete the soil of as much of its little moisture as we can. Not to mention frying the birds.

Last edited:
Of which most are out in west Tx. Let’s send that west Texas sand we all choke on further up into the atmosphere! Let the whole state choke, anytime the wind blows out there.
Wonder how much worse asthma and allergies have gotten there? Clean coal burning is much cleaner.
View attachment 270979

And let’s be sure to deplete the soil of as much of its little moisture as we can. Not to mention frying the birds.
Mate, you cant actually stop the wind from blowing. You just have to make the best of it.

View attachment 270979

If you're going for stupidest post of the day, you may have a winner here.

View attachment 270979

If you're going for stupidest post of the day, you may have a winner here.
Tell me why it is stupid? Ever dealt with west Tx sand blowing toward the east? Ever had asthma or severe allergies? Seen what the SAL does when it hits the US, blowing in from the Saharan desert?
Saharan Dust Triggers Allergy and Sinus Symptoms in the Rio Grande Valley - South Texas Sinus Institute

It also enables us to reserve or export more petroleum and other fossil fuels.

Wind energy is booming in Middle America and creating a huge demand for workers who can keep turbines spinning.
Not blowing smoke: Wind has overtaken 'risky' coal for energy use in Texas for the first time
When I was driving through Indiana back around 1990, I saw many farms like this--it makes sense. My family powered their whole point of land, with three homes and two large barns, with one a hundred years ago. They work. It's a shame that has been poopooed by the people who are earning their billions on oil and coal.

e6c791e4e968d2433f01a935ffc0964c.jpg

Wind energy is booming in Middle America and creating a huge demand for workers who can keep turbines spinning.
Not blowing smoke: Wind has overtaken 'risky' coal for energy use in Texas for the first time
When I was driving through Indiana back around 1990, I saw many farms like this--it makes sense. My family powered their whole point of land, with three homes and two large barns, with one a hundred years ago. They work. It's a shame that has been poopooed by the people who are earning their billions on oil and coal.

Very picturesque. Is this?
73CC899C-A8C0-40A0-9841-276F21D503B9.jpeg

View attachment 270979

IF these idiots only cared about the micro climate of the region and the birds (the eco system)... Can you imagine the outrage if we put up something that just killed birds? The Outrage?

View attachment 270990
Is what?

Tell me why it is stupid? Ever dealt with west Tx sand blowing toward the east? Ever had asthma or severe allergies? Seen what the SAL does when it hits the US, blowing in from the Saharan desert?
Saharan Dust Triggers Allergy and Sinus Symptoms in the Rio Grande Valley - South Texas Sinus Institute
And you basically said that having a lot of wind turbines will make it worse somehow. Do you actually believe that those wind turbines have an effect on the wind and are able to stir up sand ? Do you also believe the sun revolves around the earth and that Trump works for Putin ?:71:

View attachment 270979

Bird & Bat holocaust

View attachment 270990
It's gotta come from somewhere. They're not so bad looking, actually.
Is this?
upload_2019-7-25_11-35-50.png

View attachment 270990
Is this?
View attachment 270991
You know that's WATER VAPOR dont you?

Actually;
Air pollution from coal-fired power plants - SourceWatch

Coal combustion releases nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, particulate matter (PM), mercury, and dozens of other substances known to be hazardous to human health.[1]

Aging coal plants "grandfathered" in after passage of the Clean Air Act have been particularly linked to large quantities of harmful emissions.[4][5]

Such emissions include:

Nitrogen oxides (NOx). The release of oxides of nitrogen (nitrogen oxides and nitrogen dioxides [NO2]) reacts with volatile organic compounds in the presence of sunlight to produce ground-level ozone, the primary ingredient in smog. Nitrogen oxide also contributes to fine particulate matter, or soot. Both smog and soot are linked to a host of serious health effects. Nitrogen oxide also harms the environment, contributing to acidification of lakes and streams (acid rain).[6]

Sulfur dioxide (SO2). Sulfur dioxide contributes to the formation of microscopic particles (particulate pollution or soot) that can be inhaled deep into the lungs and aggravate respiratory conditions such as asthma and chronic bronchitis, increasing cough and mucous secretion.[6]

Mercury (HG). Coal contains trace amounts of mercury that, when burned, enter the environment and human bodies, effecting intellectual development.[6]

Particulate matter (PM), also known as particle pollution, includes the tiny particles of fly ash and dust that are expelled from coal-burning power plants. Fine particles are a mixture of a variety of different compounds and pollutants that originate primarily from combustion sources such as power plants, but also diesel trucks and buses, cars, etc. Fine particles are either emitted directly from these combustion sources or are formed in the atmosphere through complex oxidation reactions involving gases, such as sulfur dioxide (SO2) or nitrogen oxides (NOX). Among particles, fine particles are of particular concern because they are so tiny that they can be inhaled deeply, thus evading the human lungs' natural defenses.[7]

Smog is the chemical reaction of sunlight, nitrogen oxides (NOx), and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the atmosphere, which leaves airborne particles (particulate matter) and ground-level ozone (smog). Ground level ozone is an invisible gas made of three oxygen atoms (O3).[8]

Black carbon, also called soot, arises from sources such as diesel engine exhaust, burning biomass, cooking fires, and coal plants. It is made up of tiny carbon particulate matter that contributes to global warming by absorbing heat in the atmosphere and reducing albedo, the reflection of sunlight, when deposited on snow and ice. It is also a big component of [9]

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is the most significant greenhouse gas that contributes to global warming. The dangers of global warming include disruption of global weather patterns and ecosystems, flooding, severe storms, and droughts. A warming climate will also extend the range of infectious diseases. Coal combustion is responsible for more than 30% of total U.S. carbon dioxide pollution.[6]

A 2009 study, “Enhancement of Local Air Pollution by Urban CO2 Domes,” published in Environmental Science & Technology by Mark Z. Jacobson, found that domes of increased carbon dioxide concentrations – discovered to form above cities more than a decade ago – cause local temperature increases that in turn increase the amounts of local air pollutants, raising concentrations of health-damaging ground-level ozone as well as particulate matter in urban air.

According to Jacobson: "Warming increases water vapor, and both water vapor and higher temperatures increase ozone where the ozone is already high but have less effect where the ozone is low. Carbon dioxide domes over cities increase temperatures over the cities above and beyond the heat island effect, and these higher temperatures increase water vapor, and both higher water vapor and higher temperatures increase the rates of chemical air pollution production over cities relative to rural areas. The results suggest a causal nature of increased air pollution mortality due to increased carbon dioxide where the air pollution is already high. Thus, controlling CO2 emissions at the local level will reduce air pollution and the resulting air pollution mortality."

Jacobson’s estimates that “reducing local CO2 may reduce 300-1000 premature air pollution mortalities/yr in the U.S. and 50-100/yr in California, even if CO2 in adjacent regions is not controlled.”

Actually;
Air pollution from coal-fired power plants - SourceWatch

Coal combustion releases nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, particulate matter (PM), mercury, and dozens of other substances known to be hazardous to human health.[1]

Aging coal plants "grandfathered" in after passage of the Clean Air Act have been particularly linked to large quantities of harmful emissions.[4][5]

Such emissions include:

Nitrogen oxides (NOx). The release of oxides of nitrogen (nitrogen oxides and nitrogen dioxides [NO2]) reacts with volatile organic compounds in the presence of sunlight to produce ground-level ozone, the primary ingredient in smog. Nitrogen oxide also contributes to fine particulate matter, or soot. Both smog and soot are linked to a host of serious health effects. Nitrogen oxide also harms the environment, contributing to acidification of lakes and streams (acid rain).[6]

Sulfur dioxide (SO2). Sulfur dioxide contributes to the formation of microscopic particles (particulate pollution or soot) that can be inhaled deep into the lungs and aggravate respiratory conditions such as asthma and chronic bronchitis, increasing cough and mucous secretion.[6]

Mercury (HG). Coal contains trace amounts of mercury that, when burned, enter the environment and human bodies, effecting intellectual development.[6]

Particulate matter (PM), also known as particle pollution, includes the tiny particles of fly ash and dust that are expelled from coal-burning power plants. Fine particles are a mixture of a variety of different compounds and pollutants that originate primarily from combustion sources such as power plants, but also diesel trucks and buses, cars, etc. Fine particles are either emitted directly from these combustion sources or are formed in the atmosphere through complex oxidation reactions involving gases, such as sulfur dioxide (SO2) or nitrogen oxides (NOX). Among particles, fine particles are of particular concern because they are so tiny that they can be inhaled deeply, thus evading the human lungs' natural defenses.[7]

Smog is the chemical reaction of sunlight, nitrogen oxides (NOx), and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the atmosphere, which leaves airborne particles (particulate matter) and ground-level ozone (smog). Ground level ozone is an invisible gas made of three oxygen atoms (O3).[8]

Black carbon, also called soot, arises from sources such as diesel engine exhaust, burning biomass, cooking fires, and coal plants. It is made up of tiny carbon particulate matter that contributes to global warming by absorbing heat in the atmosphere and reducing albedo, the reflection of sunlight, when deposited on snow and ice. It is also a big component of [9]

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is the most significant greenhouse gas that contributes to global warming. The dangers of global warming include disruption of global weather patterns and ecosystems, flooding, severe storms, and droughts. A warming climate will also extend the range of infectious diseases. Coal combustion is responsible for more than 30% of total U.S. carbon dioxide pollution.[6]

A 2009 study, “Enhancement of Local Air Pollution by Urban CO2 Domes,” published in Environmental Science & Technology by Mark Z. Jacobson, found that domes of increased carbon dioxide concentrations – discovered to form above cities more than a decade ago – cause local temperature increases that in turn increase the amounts of local air pollutants, raising concentrations of health-damaging ground-level ozone as well as particulate matter in urban air.

According to Jacobson: "Warming increases water vapor, and both water vapor and higher temperatures increase ozone where the ozone is already high but have less effect where the ozone is low. Carbon dioxide domes over cities increase temperatures over the cities above and beyond the heat island effect, and these higher temperatures increase water vapor, and both higher water vapor and higher temperatures increase the rates of chemical air pollution production over cities relative to rural areas. The results suggest a causal nature of increased air pollution mortality due to increased carbon dioxide where the air pollution is already high. Thus, controlling CO2 emissions at the local level will reduce air pollution and the resulting air pollution mortality."

Jacobson’s estimates that “reducing local CO2 may reduce 300-1000 premature air pollution mortalities/yr in the U.S. and 50-100/yr in California, even if CO2 in adjacent regions is not controlled.”
What you SEE is WATER VAPOR. Some invisible CO2. Beyond that, coal is pretty damn clean these days.

So WATER, and PLANT "OXYGEN" from burning coal.

View attachment 270990
Is this?
View attachment 270991
Sure it is, darlin.

Wind power is 4 times more expensive than they would have you believe.

A wind turbine barely generates 25% of its rated output so in order to get 2 MW of actual power from wind you have to install four 2 MW turbines.

Why we are spending so much money and cluttering up so much of our natural spaces with these things is a mystery to me

When I was a little kid, I thought smoke stacks were where clouds came from.

Wind power is 4 times more expensive than they would have you believe.

A wind turbine barely generated 25% of its rated output so in order to get 2 MW or actual power from wind you have to install four 2 MW turbines.

Why we are spending so much money and cluttering up so much of our natural spaces with these things is a mystery to me
Really? You can't think of any reasons? Try reading OP's post #14.

Forum List

Back