Wind has overtaken coal for energy use in Texas

What you SEE is WATER VAPOR. Some invisible CO2. Beyond that, coal is pretty damn clean these days.

So WATER, and PLANT "OXYGEN" from burning coal.
lol
You don't "see" a bullet coming right before it kills you either.
It doesn't mean it wasn't real. Tell that to the 75 people at the funeral.
Look over your head and you might see the point fly right over your head.

She posted that image for what you SEE.

I corrected her false impression.

Besides, that image is a FACTORY belching WATER VAPOR -- NOT a coal power plant.

Besides, natural gas is pretty much what we use these days. NG is VERY clean.

It also enables us to reserve or export more petroleum and other fossil fuels.

Wind energy is booming in Middle America and creating a huge demand for workers who can keep turbines spinning.
Not blowing smoke: Wind has overtaken 'risky' coal for energy use in Texas for the first time
Wind has not come anywhere overtaking fossil fuel in Texas

Wind has already overtaken fossil fuel for electricity in my state.

Texas can do the same thing.
Nope, coal is just one fuel. Most new plants are gas

Lol what state do you live in that kills owls condors hawks and eagles and brags
Dead owl under windmill - Bing images

We get our energy here from water, wind, nuclear and solar. There's one small cool fire plant left and it's being shut down.

Windmills don't kill birds here. Our windmills are out in the desert. I've photographed them countless times. There are no dead birds anywhere by windmills. You're repeating a very old lie.

Here are honest facts I found about the electric system we have. It's dated 2014, which is old but close to what we have now. It shows coal use because that one coal fire plant was still in production in 2014. If it's not closed by now, it's close to being closed so our coal consumption has decreased since 2014. Notice we are the nation's largest exporter of electricity. Our dams and windmills generate more than we use so we sell it to other states.

How Clean is Washington State's Electric Grid?

Washington State has the second cleanest electricity grid in the entire country. We rank just behind Vermont in the latest state-by-state comparison of who has the least carbon-intensive electricity supply. Even better, Washington has the nation's most affordable commercial electricity. These advantages are due in no small part to our state's abundant hydroelectric resources.

Our unique electric grid creates a singular opportunity for our state to achieve carbon reduction policy that complements vigorous economic growth.

The graph below shows the fuel mix of every state's electric grid. The source datarepresents the year 2014. BTU are represented in trillions.

Notice that Washington State has the highest portion of hydro-generated electricity and relatively minimal reliance on coal. Fossil fuels make up the majority of electricity generation in most states, but not in WA.

Also worth noting is that Washington State is the country's largest net exporter of electricity. On the net we exported 25.7 trillior BTU in electricity in 2014. That amount is equal to 2.4 percent of the total consumed by residents.

This is from 2017. Apparently I was wrong about being the 3rd lowest electric rates in the nation. We are now 2nd lowest. Behind Louisiana. The oil we refine is oil from Alaska. The Alaska oil pipeline ends here in Washington so we refine a lot of oil here that is exported out to the rest of the nation and world.

Washington - State Energy Profile Overview - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

QUICK FACTS
  • The Grand Coulee Dam on Washington's Columbia River is the largest hydroelectric power plant in the United States by generation capacity, and can provide electricity to 2.3 million households a year.
  • Washington is the top U.S. producer of electricity from hydroelectric sources and routinely accounts for 25% of the nation's annual utility-scale net hydroelectricity generation.
  • Although not a crude oil producing state, Washington has the fifth largest U.S. oil refining capacity for making petroleum products with the ability to process 638,000 barrels of oil a day at the state's five refineries.
  • Just over one-half of Washington households rely on electricity as their primary heating fuel and one-third of households depend on natural gas.
  • Because of the relatively low operating costs of hydroelectric power generation, Washington had the nation’s second lowest average retail electricity price, after Louisiana, in 2017.

Windmills don't kill birds here. Our windmills are out in the desert. I've photographed them countless times. There are no dead birds anywhere by windmills. You're repeating a very old lie
Not a lie, but I'm glad YOURE not murdering birds and bats. That is an established FACT.

Wind energy is booming in Middle America and creating a huge demand for workers who can keep turbines spinning.
Not blowing smoke: Wind has overtaken 'risky' coal for energy use in Texas for the first time

Lol what state do you live in that kills owls condors hawks and eagles and brags

We get our energy here from water, wind, nuclear and solar. There's one small cool fire plant left and it's being shut down.

Windmills don't kill birds here. Our windmills are out in the desert. I've photographed them countless times. There are no dead birds anywhere by windmills. You're repeating a very old lie.

Here are honest facts I found about the electric system we have. It's dated 2014, which is old but close to what we have now. It shows coal use because that one coal fire plant was still in production in 2014. If it's not closed by now, it's close to being closed so our coal consumption has decreased since 2014. Notice we are the nation's largest exporter of electricity. Our dams and windmills generate more than we use so we sell it to other states.

Washington State has the second cleanest electricity grid in the entire country. We rank just behind Vermont in the latest state-by-state comparison of who has the least carbon-intensive electricity supply. Even better, Washington has the nation's most affordable commercial electricity. These advantages are due in no small part to our state's abundant hydroelectric resources.

Our unique electric grid creates a singular opportunity for our state to achieve carbon reduction policy that complements vigorous economic growth.

The graph below shows the fuel mix of every state's electric grid. The source datarepresents the year 2014. BTU are represented in trillions.

Notice that Washington State has the highest portion of hydro-generated electricity and relatively minimal reliance on coal. Fossil fuels make up the majority of electricity generation in most states, but not in WA.

Also worth noting is that Washington State is the country's largest net exporter of electricity. On the net we exported 25.7 trillior BTU in electricity in 2014. That amount is equal to 2.4 percent of the total consumed by residents.

This is from 2017. Apparently I was wrong about being the 3rd lowest electric rates in the nation. We are now 2nd lowest. Behind Louisiana. The oil we refine is oil from Alaska. The Alaska oil pipeline ends here in Washington so we refine a lot of oil here that is exported out to the rest of the nation and world.

Washington - State Energy Profile Overview - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

QUICK FACTS
  • The Grand Coulee Dam on Washington's Columbia River is the largest hydroelectric power plant in the United States by generation capacity, and can provide electricity to 2.3 million households a year.
  • Washington is the top U.S. producer of electricity from hydroelectric sources and routinely accounts for 25% of the nation's annual utility-scale net hydroelectricity generation.
  • Although not a crude oil producing state, Washington has the fifth largest U.S. oil refining capacity for making petroleum products with the ability to process 638,000 barrels of oil a day at the state's five refineries.
  • Just over one-half of Washington households rely on electricity as their primary heating fuel and one-third of households depend on natural gas.
  • Because of the relatively low operating costs of hydroelectric power generation, Washington had the nation’s second lowest average retail electricity price, after Louisiana, in 2017.
You are in denial, windmills could extinct species

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2105/1892646792_1c68275777_z.jpg?zz=1

Too bad every other industrialized nation has high speed trains except for us. Maybe Texas can do that too.

bombardier-double-deck-train-switzerland.jpg

high-speed-railaround-the-world-china-12-036-miles-europe-6-453-12580928.png

(China has over 40,000 kilometers now)

We are building a high speed rail system here now in my state.

We voted a few years ago to raise our car tab taxes and property taxes to build it. We are getting ZERO federal dollars to build it.

If you want to live in a state that's in the 21st century and not a backward state, it's already here in Washington.

Rail projects | WSDOT

Too bad every other industrialized nation has high speed trains except for us. Maybe Texas can do that too.

bombardier-double-deck-train-switzerland.jpg

high-speed-railaround-the-world-china-12-036-miles-europe-6-453-12580928.png

(China has over 40,000 kilometers now)

We are building a high speed rail system here now in my state.

We voted a few years ago to raise our car tab taxes and property taxes to build it. We are getting ZERO federal dollars to build it.

If you want to live in a state that's in the 21st century and not a backward state, it's already here in Washington.

Rail projects | WSDOT
That high speed rail is 100 percent wind powered right

Man u r stoopud

No way has wind produced more power than natural gas

Chernobyl, Fukushima. 3% of nuclear waste from a nuclear power plant is high level:
High-level wastes can remain highly radioactive for thousands of years. They need to be disposed of deep underground in engineered facilities built in stable geological formations. While no such facilities for high-level wastes currently operate, their feasibility has been demonstrated and there are several countries now in the process of designing and constructing them.

90% of the waste is "low level" and it is simply buried. Poisoning Mother Earth, our very soil and groundwater, for a cheap electric bill.

This stuff is deadly. A meltdown would equally be deadly and render the area uninhabitable for decades, at least (if Chernobyl is any indication).

Personally, even though it is risky, I don't object to continuing to use it. I object to using it MORE instead of turning to more responsible alternatives. We only have one planet. Poison it too much and we're screwed. Being responsible for killing half the human population is bad; being responsible for making our planet uninhabitable is AWFUL. I don't want to be part of the jamoke generation that chooses that.

Chernobyl was a 1 off design that was never used anywhere else.

And Fukishima was poorly placed in an earthquake prone area

You do know that France has been generating almost 80% of their electricity from nuclear power for then past 30 plus years don't you?

So where are all your disaster stories from France? in one sentence you say technology is getting better all the time but in the next you say that nuclear power can never get safer?

Next generation reactors can be buried underground, they run at atmosphere not under pressure like the old light water plants. They can use the nuclear waste we have sitting around for fuel. They can be built off site and shipped by rail. They are incapable of melting down or overheating.

One 50 MW reactor will power a small town for up to 30 years without being refueled.

Windmills don't kill birds here. Our windmills are out in the desert. I've photographed them countless times. There are no dead birds anywhere by windmills. You're repeating a very old lie
Not a lie, but I'm glad YOURE not murdering birds and bats. That is an established FACT.

I've photographed the windmills in California, Hawaii and here in Washington. I started photographing them in the 1990s. Not once have I ever seen a dead bird by the windmills. None in all those states.

If there's dead birds somewhere because of windmills it's not here or the other two states I've photographed windmills.

I have never, ever seen a dead bird by a windmill.

Birds are stupid but not that stupid. They fly above the windmills. I've seen countless birds flying above windmills through the decades. The windmills aren't that tall and birds fly much higher than the windmills.

Chernobyl, Fukushima. 3% of nuclear waste from a nuclear power plant is high level:
High-level wastes can remain highly radioactive for thousands of years. They need to be disposed of deep underground in engineered facilities built in stable geological formations. While no such facilities for high-level wastes currently operate, their feasibility has been demonstrated and there are several countries now in the process of designing and constructing them.

90% of the waste is "low level" and it is simply buried. Poisoning Mother Earth, our very soil and groundwater, for a cheap electric bill.

This stuff is deadly. A meltdown would equally be deadly and render the area uninhabitable for decades, at least (if Chernobyl is any indication).

Personally, even though it is risky, I don't object to continuing to use it. I object to using it MORE instead of turning to more responsible alternatives. We only have one planet. Poison it too much and we're screwed. Being responsible for killing half the human population is bad; being responsible for making our planet uninhabitable is AWFUL. I don't want to be part of the jamoke generation that chooses that.

Chernobyl was a 1 off design that was never used anywhere else.

And Fukishima was poorly placed in an earthquake prone area

You do know that France has been generating almost 80% of their electricity from nuclear power for then past 30 plus years don't you?

So where are all your disaster stories from France? in one sentence you say technology is getting better all the time but in the next you say that nuclear power can never get safer?

Next generation reactors can be buried underground, they run at atmosphere not under pressure like the old light water plants. They can use the nuclear waste we have sitting around for fuel. They can be built off site and shipped by rail. They are incapable of melting down or overheating.

One 50 MW reactor will power a small town for up to 30 years without being refueled.
Nuclear waste is the most toxic substance known to humanity. Prove me wrong by snorting some you imbecile

I've photographed the windmills in California, Hawaii and here in Washington. I started photographing them in the 1990s. Not once have I ever seen a dead bird by the windmills. None in all those states.

If there's dead birds somewhere because of windmills it's not here or the other two states I've photographed windmills.

I have never, ever seen a dead bird by a windmill.

Birds are stupid but not that stupid. They fly above the windmills. I've seen countless birds flying above windmills through the decades. The windmills aren't that tall and birds fly much higher than the windmills.
Windmills would all be illegal if not exempted from prosecution

Wind farms that kill bald eagles are now protected from prosecution

QUICK FACTS

Frannie, can't these idiot birds SEE? Why would they fly into a wind turbine?

At the expense of the landscape, not to mention the ‘carbon footprint’, mining and child labor that goes into producing these tasteless, ugly AGW sheep war-of-the-worlds pinwheels.
Democrats should not be allowed to vote nor be involved in any creative aspects of aesthetics.
Straight from your AFP brochure ?
Kochs' Americans for Prosperity Group Launches Campaign to Crush Fuel Economy Standards
No, dumbass. I actually have a sense of art, aesthetics, genuineness and taste.
Something way beyond you and your programmed ilk.

QUICK FACTS

Frannie, can't these idiot birds SEE? Why would they fly into a wind turbine?

Wind farms that kill bald eagles are now protected from prosecution

11-DSCN0086.JPG

Forum List

Back