Wind And Solar Power Are Driving Up Electricity Prices, Expert Says

My electric bill is $10.50 a month and that is just to remain connected to the grid. My solar and batteries power the house for days without direct sun. Even in the rain mine produce some power.

How much were your batteries and are able to disconnect from the grid if you wanted to?
My batteries are part of the whole package. I want to disconnect from PG&E but they say I have to stay hooked up to sell the power back to them.

Ah, I see. OK, batteries for me were a bit expensive and around here most solar companies don't sell them yet.

My dad used to work for PG&E, god he hated that place.

The US supposedly became oil independent again because of fracking and the new abundance of oil, yet gasoline prices are climbing through the roof.

Wind and solar are still emerging energy technologies so costs compared to return will be higher and start coming down, which they have been, over time until they are cheaper than fossil fuels which is becoming reality.

But some cling to the past like whalers clinging to the whale oil industry. Their industry vanished and was replaced by newer more efficient means, as the oil industry is experiencing now. Embrace the horror.

What horror?

Yes, technology will make it cheaper someday, but it has to come at it's own time. You on the left make it sound like we just love oil, but the only reason we love oil is because there is nothing reasonable enough to replace it for energy purposes.

You LIE!!! - You hate Progress! E85 is $1.47 but you still run imported OPEC oil at $2.60

If Solar And Wind Are So Cheap, Why Are They Making Electricity So Expensive?

"expert" " :laugh2:
"dailycaller" :laughing0301:

can you laugh off Forbes?

facts are the taxpayer is keeping these green companies alive with our tax dollars, not our pay checks.

it's a scam
It's a bigger and far more immoral scam to poison third parties with coal runoff and exhaust and force them to pay for it themselves or tax payers to pay for it. The old energy companies were not paying the true cost of business and instead would cut corners and criminally harm public health or the environment.
Coal companies have not been allowed to pollute streams since the 1960s. And modern coal fired power plants are clean.

You're full of shit.
While coal is cleaner than it ever has been, not all coal plants use the newest scrubbers as of yet

ask the Germans. that's all you need to do. Ask the Germans.

Ask them how to get 85% of their energy from renewable resources?

Germany Breaks A Solar Record — Gets 85% Of Electricity From Renewables | CleanTechnica
It's too bad you are so naive. You miss so much. here read up on the impact of that 35%. I bet you love people being put out eh?

100% Renewables by 2050 -- Germany Pays the Price for its Ambition

"First, Germany’s fabled manufacturing sector cannot afford much higher energy costs than its rivals. Hence, Germany offers substantial discounts to heavy energy users, such as its automobile plants. As a consequence Germany faces lawsuits from the European Union that charge it with illegal subsidies of heavy industry. Second, German households must bear the financial burden of paying among the highest electricity costs in the world as utilities pass the higher costs of renewables on to them. Third, Germany’s landscape is being ruined by unsightly wind turbines that spoil pastoral landscapes in virtually every community. Fourth, the supply of renewables variesdramatically in the course of a day or week."

facts are the taxpayer is keeping these green companies alive with our tax dollars, not our pay checks.

it's a scam
It's a bigger and far more immoral scam to poison third parties with coal runoff and exhaust and force them to pay for it themselves or tax payers to pay for it. The old energy companies were not paying the true cost of business and instead would cut corners and criminally harm public health or the environment.
Coal companies have not been allowed to pollute streams since the 1960s. And modern coal fired power plants are clean.

You're full of shit.
While coal is cleaner than it ever has been, not all coal plants use the newest scrubbers as of yet
Of course they all don't run the newest scrubbers, but they all use scrubbers, and their emmisions are virtually undetectable.

it's a scam
Get back to me when the govt stops subsidizing rich people with permanent lower tax rates
The Spoiled Adult Children Epidemic: Has it Affected You?

3aa80fefa2a00c0b75facd4d8680e1ea.jpg

it's a scam
:linky: and lots of them, no assumptions, actual court cases.

Does it occur to anyone that BOTH renewables and nonrenewables have a place in our energy future? It is not a zero sum game where there can only be one? :dunno:

Does it occur to anyone that BOTH renewables and nonrenewables have a place in our energy future? It is not a zero sum game where there can only be one? :dunno:
As long as the government don't tax me to pay for it, or prevents me from using the form of energy I prefer, then I could care less what kind of energy you use. Unfortunately we both know that people on your side of the issue want to do exactly that.

As long as the government don't tax me to pay for it, or prevents me from using the form of energy I prefer, then I could care less what kind of energy you use. Unfortunately we both know that people on your side of the issue want to do exactly that.
I hate to break it to you idiots, but you don't get to decide what your taxes pay for a la carte based on your dim world view. It's common for governments to use tax funds to basically subsidize different industries either for national security, defense, or otherwise. One of the biggest whining gripes from the right is this "waaa I don't want my tax money paying for that." Too bad. Grow up. Taxation is apparently hard to understand and accept on the right.

Don't be sensible!

That has no place here at USMB.....

LOL 'the form of energy you prefer'- do you prefer electricity or what steam?

What has the Trump administration done regarding this issue?

Well it has tried to force rate payers more to pay for coal fired power plants
Regulators reject Energy Secretary Rick Perry's plan to subsidize coal and nuclear plants

Federal regulators on Monday rejected a rule proposed by Energy Secretary Rick Perry that would have subsidized coal and nuclear power plants in some parts of the United States.

there is a thing called practical. why can't we move toward practical. Nuclear Power is far cheaper than any renewable wind or solar. just is. why not promote it?

LOL 'the form of energy you prefer'- do you prefer electricity or what steam?

What has the Trump administration done regarding this issue?

Well it has tried to force rate payers more to pay for coal fired power plants
Regulators reject Energy Secretary Rick Perry's plan to subsidize coal and nuclear plants

Federal regulators on Monday rejected a rule proposed by Energy Secretary Rick Perry that would have subsidized coal and nuclear power plants in some parts of the United States.
Billy the Kid rejected them? wow.

there is a thing called practical. why can't we move toward practical. Nuclear Power is far cheaper than any renewable wind or solar. just is. why not promote it?

Actually I am in favor of nuclear- but 'far cheaper'? Nuclear requires a huge amount of construction costs. I am more concerned about preventing the closure of current nuclear power plants than trying to build more- though I think that they should be considered equally with solar and wind- nuclear is a better alternative than coal.

Tax Cuts Cause Electricity Prices to Explode!!!
more leftist fake news. you all really don't have any dignity at all. amazing. and you don't give a fk either. that's even worse.

Utilities cutting rates, cite benefits of Trump tax reform

"On the heels of companies dishing bonuses of up to $3,000 to over one million workers due to the anticipated benefit of President Trump’s tax reform victory, several major utilities have announced plans to cut rates in a consumer payback related to the lower taxes.

Energy suppliers like Washington’s Pepco, Baltimore Gas and Light, Pacific Power, Rocky Mountain Power and Commonwealth Edison said they plan to give hundreds of thousands of customers a rate cut due to the tax reform.

The taxpayer advocate group Americans for Tax Reform is pulling together the list of utilities expected to apply for a rate cut as it has for more than 100 major firms planning to pay out bonuses, higher wages and increased benefits due to the expected windfall they plan to receive when corporate taxes are cut."

Actually I am in favor of nuclear- but 'far cheaper'? Nuclear requires a huge amount of construction costs. I am more concerned about preventing the closure of current nuclear power plants than trying to build more- though I think that they should be considered equally with solar and wind- nuclear is a better alternative than coal.
dude, that's just punking. of course the facilities would need to be built. You know that panels and windmills need to be built as well. Are they subsidized? yes. that is truly a stupid rabbit hole to go down.

I hate to break it to you idiots, but you don't get to decide what your taxes pay for a la carte based on your dim world view. It's common for governments to use tax funds to basically subsidize different industries either for national security, defense, or otherwise. One of the biggest whining gripes from the right is this "waaa I don't want my tax money paying for that." Too bad. Grow up. Taxation is apparently hard to understand and accept on the right.
You're the kind of imbecile who would volunteer to be a gaurd in a concentration camp and then tell the inmates to "grow up. You don't get to do what you want."

You're a Stalinist jackass, in other words. Perhaps you're the kind of servile worm who enjoys having stuff you don't want shoved down your throat, but most people have a much more well adjusted attitude towards oppression.

What I understand is that you just posted the reason government is a bad thing. You didn't make the case for government. You made the case against it.

Forum List

Back