Wind And Solar Power Are Driving Up Electricity Prices, Expert Says

My electric bill is $10.50 a month and that is just to remain connected to the grid. My solar and batteries power the house for days without direct sun. Even in the rain mine produce some power.

My electric bill is $10.50 a month and that is just to remain connected to the grid. My solar and batteries power the house for days without direct sun. Even in the rain mine produce some power.

How much were your batteries and are able to disconnect from the grid if you wanted to?

The US supposedly became oil independent again because of fracking and the new abundance of oil, yet gasoline prices are climbing through the roof.

Wind and solar are still emerging energy technologies so costs compared to return will be higher and start coming down, which they have been, over time until they are cheaper than fossil fuels which is becoming reality.

But some cling to the past like whalers clinging to the whale oil industry. Their industry vanished and was replaced by newer more efficient means, as the oil industry is experiencing now. Embrace the horror.

What horror?

Yes, technology will make it cheaper someday, but it has to come at it's own time. You on the left make it sound like we just love oil, but the only reason we love oil is because there is nothing reasonable enough to replace it for energy purposes.

There's nothing informative about anything that Bripat posts. The fact is my former property in Coronado California generated enough energy to charge the batteries which ran the house power throughout the night.

It's really much more of a dependability factor. Maybe those batteries can keep a house powered one night, but what about the next night if no wind comes along?

Our wind is so strong here at times you can almost use a milk carton for a kite. Yet very few places invested in wind power. In the entire area of Cleveland, I'm only aware of four or five windmills and most of them are small ones.

One of our customers outside of Cleveland but still near Lake Erie where the winds come from had a windmill. One day I made a delivery there and noticed the windmill was gone. I asked the owner of the company WTF happened to the windmill? He was a big lib and pro-environment kind of guy. He just waived his hands down and said Ahhhhh.

Generally by electric bill for my home is about $55.00 a month. Think of how many years it would take me to break even if I invested in solar panels or a windmill.

I didn't have wind power, solar only.

If you had solar and wind, you'd get a check every month from your power company.

I don't know if you would or not. The only point I'm making is that alt energy is not feasible right now.

I talked to several local people who looked into this. Democrats and Republicans alike. They said when you calculate the equipment cost, the time and money to get the permits, the construction costs, it's just not profitable. As for solar, half of the year our roofs are covered with snow up north.

And like I said, we live in a very windy area. In fact our electric company was looking into a huge windmill to put on Lake Erie. I don't know whatever happened to that project, but I don't see any windmills on Lake Erie today.

If Solar And Wind Are So Cheap, Why Are They Making Electricity So Expensive?

"expert" " :laugh2:
"dailycaller" :laughing0301:

can you laugh off Forbes?

facts are the taxpayer is keeping these green companies alive with our tax dollars, not our pay checks.

it's a scam
Get back to me when the govt stops subsidizing rich people with permanent lower tax rates

You shouldn't use words you don't know the meaning of. Taking less of peoples money is not a subsidy.

facts are the taxpayer is keeping these green companies alive with our tax dollars, not our pay checks.

it's a scam
Get back to me when the govt stops subsidizing rich people with permanent lower tax rates

You shouldn't use words you don't know the meaning of. Taking less of peoples money is not a subsidy.
So, making tax breaks for rich people permanent, while making tax breaks for individuals temporary means what exactly in your fantasy world?

it's a scam

So, making tax breaks for rich people permanent, while making tax breaks for individuals temporary means what exactly in your fantasy world?

It means they're taking less money from everybody. This is a good thing.

How much were your batteries and are able to disconnect from the grid if you wanted to?
My batteries are part of the whole package. I want to disconnect from PG&E but they say I have to stay hooked up to sell the power back to them.

There's nothing informative about anything that Bripat posts. The fact is my former property in Coronado California generated enough energy to charge the batteries which ran the house power throughout the night.

It's really much more of a dependability factor. Maybe those batteries can keep a house powered one night, but what about the next night if no wind comes along?

Our wind is so strong here at times you can almost use a milk carton for a kite. Yet very few places invested in wind power. In the entire area of Cleveland, I'm only aware of four or five windmills and most of them are small ones.

One of our customers outside of Cleveland but still near Lake Erie where the winds come from had a windmill. One day I made a delivery there and noticed the windmill was gone. I asked the owner of the company WTF happened to the windmill? He was a big lib and pro-environment kind of guy. He just waived his hands down and said Ahhhhh.

Generally by electric bill for my home is about $55.00 a month. Think of how many years it would take me to break even if I invested in solar panels or a windmill.

I didn't have wind power, solar only.

If you had solar and wind, you'd get a check every month from your power company.

I don't know if you would or not. The only point I'm making is that alt energy is not feasible right now.

I talked to several local people who looked into this. Democrats and Republicans alike. They said when you calculate the equipment cost, the time and money to get the permits, the construction costs, it's just not profitable. As for solar, half of the year our roofs are covered with snow up north.

And like I said, we live in a very windy area. In fact our electric company was looking into a huge windmill to put on Lake Erie. I don't know whatever happened to that project, but I don't see any windmills on Lake Erie today.
For those who live in the far north it is not really a good deal to have solar.

it's a scam
It's a bigger and far more immoral scam to poison third parties with coal runoff and exhaust and force them to pay for it themselves or tax payers to pay for it. The old energy companies were not paying the true cost of business and instead would cut corners and criminally harm public health or the environment.

it's a scam

It means they're taking less money from everybody. This is a good thing.
:lol:
Fail

I doubt that would work in Milwaukee.

it's a scam
It's a bigger and far more immoral scam to poison third parties with coal runoff and exhaust and force them to pay for it themselves or tax payers to pay for it. The old energy companies were not paying the true cost of business and instead would cut corners and criminally harm public health or the environment.
Coal companies have not been allowed to pollute streams since the 1960s. And modern coal fired power plants are clean.

You're full of shit.

it's a scam
Surely you don't expect us to believe the petroleum industry doesn't get support from govt's in the forms of tax breaks and billions in subsidies...??
No, it doesn't. In fact, it pays hundreds of billions in taxes to the government every year. The claim that the government subsidizes the fossil fuel industry is snowflake propaganda, and nothing more.
You deny the truth because you for some reason have to push your rhetoric of party affiliation...

When have you ever posted anything true?

The environmental wackos have been claiming that so-called "green energy" is cheaper, but the rest of us know better. Now here's the proof.

A prominent environmental activist took the unusual road of not only blaming rising electricity costs squarely on renewable sources, but also for deriding the mainstream media for ignoring the connection.

Michael Shellenberger, the president and founder of Environmental Progress, explained in a Forbes blog post Monday how the unreliability of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar, is the main reason why electricity bills around the world have been getting higher.

Despite renewable energy technology slowly becoming more affordable, Shellenberger notes, electricity costs are still rising because of the unpredictable nature of wind and solar. Both sources produce excess energy when consumers don’t need them, and they don’t produce enough when needed the most.

For example, solar panels produce large amounts of energy throughout the day, but are unable to generate power at night when residents are more dependent on electricity to keep the lights on. Wind energy is notably unpredictable given how wind fluctuates substantially from day-to-day. The end result becoming other, more reliable sources of energy are relied upon to churn out power at a moment’s notice when renewables flop. Better yet, regions that produce too much wind and solar power have to pay — not sell — others to take the power off their hands, further spiking costs.

The environmental whack jobs have also forgotten that the electricity powering their Tesla often comes from Nukes
We have Davis Bessey in Ohio for a nuke plant and that is the most expensive electric in the state!

The environmental wackos have been claiming that so-called "green energy" is cheaper, but the rest of us know better. Now here's the proof.

A prominent environmental activist took the unusual road of not only blaming rising electricity costs squarely on renewable sources, but also for deriding the mainstream media for ignoring the connection.

Michael Shellenberger, the president and founder of Environmental Progress, explained in a Forbes blog post Monday how the unreliability of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar, is the main reason why electricity bills around the world have been getting higher.

Despite renewable energy technology slowly becoming more affordable, Shellenberger notes, electricity costs are still rising because of the unpredictable nature of wind and solar. Both sources produce excess energy when consumers don’t need them, and they don’t produce enough when needed the most.

For example, solar panels produce large amounts of energy throughout the day, but are unable to generate power at night when residents are more dependent on electricity to keep the lights on. Wind energy is notably unpredictable given how wind fluctuates substantially from day-to-day. The end result becoming other, more reliable sources of energy are relied upon to churn out power at a moment’s notice when renewables flop. Better yet, regions that produce too much wind and solar power have to pay — not sell — others to take the power off their hands, further spiking costs.

The environmental whack jobs have also forgotten that the electricity powering their Tesla often comes from Nukes
We have Davis Bessey in Ohio for a nuke plant and that is the most expensive electric in the state!

The sad thing is that the new environazies no longer care about nuke power because all they release in operation is steam, until the two headed animals start showing up

it's a scam
Coal companies have not been allowed to pollute streams since the 1960s. And modern coal fired power plants are clean.

You're full of shit.
You are incredibly misinformed. Incredibly. This sounds like a coal sponsored psa. I suggest you take a few hours to look this stuff up on Google. Put some non biased effort in. You have to honestly try to find the opposing perspectice.

Wind And Solar Power Are Driving Up Electricity Prices
You LIE!!!!!
electricity-price-png.187911

Forum List

Back