Wind And Solar Power Are Driving Up Electricity Prices, Expert Says

The environmental wackos have been claiming that so-called "green energy" is cheaper, but the rest of us know better. Now here's the proof.

Well of course. Anyone but an idiot or a government accountant could see that as "green energy" grows (only by the forced application of marginal technologies not quite ready for prime time under the guise of environmentalism) that it could only ADD to our energy costs, not take from them. The whole industry of green energy is nothing but for now a pipe dream for entrepreneurs wishing to milk government incentives by the use of technologies nowhere developed yet to make them competitive with much simpler means, and is nothing but a way of controlling society by the government, by trying to manipulate energy costs.

The REAL SOLUTION to energy is population control. We need a planet with 1/3rd fewer people, and the best place to start is by sterilizing developing nations too poor to support the billions they keep producing then dumping on the rest of us.
ya mean while laws of supply and demand say you be full of shit!

The environmental wackos have been claiming that so-called "green energy" is cheaper, but the rest of us know better. Now here's the proof.

Well of course. Anyone but an idiot or a government accountant could see that as "green energy" grows (only by the forced application of marginal technologies not quite ready for prime time under the guise of environmentalism) that it could only ADD to our energy costs, not take from them. The whole industry of green energy is nothing but for now a pipe dream for entrepreneurs wishing to milk government incentives by the use of technologies nowhere developed yet to make them competitive with much simpler means, and is nothing but a way of controlling society by the government, by trying to manipulate energy costs.

The REAL SOLUTION to energy is population control. We need a planet with 1/3rd fewer people, and the best place to start is by sterilizing developing nations too poor to support the billions they keep producing then dumping on the rest of us.
The laws of supply and demand show that so-called "green energy" can't exist without government subsidies and mandates, asshole.

Ain't life a bitch for the rich monopoly holders of power distribution?

Nah ... Just for the people paying their electric bill in Louisiana when AEP decides to build a wind farm in Oklahoma to support their grid.
The stockholders charge the consumer for the upgrade that reduces the cost for generation after initial investment.

It's costs the consumer, not the shareholders to implement the wind farm.
Whether or not the consumers ever see the savings is debatable.

AEP - News Releases - AEP Announces $4.5 Billion Investment In 2,000-Megawatt Wind Farm And Dedicated Power Line To Benefit Customers In Four States

The laws of supply and demand show that so-called "green energy" can't exist without government subsidies and mandates, asshole.
More electric equal less cost you can not beat the math but keep trying with your bull shit! Adding electric to the system can not raise cost you fucking idiot!

More electric equal less cost you can not beat the math but keep trying with your bull shit! Adding electric to the system can not raise cost you fucking idiot!
What the hell does "adding more electric" mean? Adding higher cost sources of power definitely increases the cost of power to the consumer, dumbass.

What the hell does "adding more electric" mean? Adding higher cost sources of power definitely increases the cost of power to the consumer, dumbass.
Renewables while running generate electricity there by raising supply higher than there was before the electric was created there by raising total supply of electricity it can not raise the price of electric. It may or may not lower the cost dependiong on demand. How fucking stupid are you? Show any evidence to support the op claim at all. There is none! If I am firing up a coal plant my cost opf producing that electric does not go up because some one is running a windmill. That wind mill does not effect my cost of production one little bit no matter how you slice it!

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the principle that growing peas in your garden will reduce your grocery bill (not necessarily recoup your resource costs).
Perhaps he is foolish enough to think that means peas are going to be cheaper for everyone at the grocery store ... :dunno:

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the principle that growing peas in your garden will reduce your grocery bill (not necessarily recoup your resource costs).
Perhaps he is foolish enough to think that means peas are going to be cheaper for everyone at the grocery store ... :dunno:

I think or I am pretty sure? If you do not understand the laws of supply and demand you do not belong in an adult conversation!

How fucking stupid are you? Show any evidence to support the op claim at all. There is none! If I am firing up a coal plant my cost opf producing that electric does not go up because some one is running a windmill. That wind mill does not effect my cost of production one little bit no matter how you slice it!

I already did ... And that exact scenario.

AEP bought and is phasing out (coal) the Doley Hills Mining Company (was part of CLECO) ...
While building a $4.5 billion wind farm in Oklahoma ...
And our energy bills increased to pay for both endeavors.

How fucking stupid are you? Show any evidence to support the op claim at all. There is none! If I am firing up a coal plant my cost opf producing that electric does not go up because some one is running a windmill. That wind mill does not effect my cost of production one little bit no matter how you slice it!

AEP bought and is phasing out (coal) the Doley Hills Mining Company (was part of CLECO) ...
While building a 44.5 billion wind farm in Oklahoma ...

Thats because the regulators gave them that money becuase they greased the wheels for it. Principles of free market if the rate was actualy set by the market and not the regulaters your cost would not have gone up! You should have looked for a new provider! Renewable energy did not cost you politics cost you! The same dirty fucking money that you are supporting are the ones that cost you! Not the renewable sector! In Ohio we pay extra for Davis Bessy because the politicians made us not the free market! Get the fucking politicians out of it and free market rules prevail! As a conservative or at least claiming to be you should get behind that!

Thats because the regulators gave them that money becuase they greased the wheels for it. Principles of free market if the rate was actualy set by the market and not the regulaters your cost would not have gone up! You should have looked for a new provider! Renewable energy did not cost you politics cost you! The same dirty fucking money that you are supporting are the ones that cost you! Not the renewable sector! In Ohio we pay extra for Davis Bessy because the politicians made us not the free market! Get the fucking politicians out of it and free market rules prevail! As a conservative or at least claiming to be you should get behind that!

I don't give a shit who you pay for your energy ... Or what stupid excuse you want to make.
As the OP stated ... Moving to green energy didn't save us anything and cost us more money ... Simple fact ... :thup:

While building a $4.5 billion wind farm in Oklahoma ...

Want to complain complain about AEP owning your local government just like they do here in Ohio! What ever AEP wnats it gets! Free market is not setting your pricing the politians are!

Renewables while running generate electricity there by raising supply higher than there was before the electric was created there by raising total supply of electricity it can not raise the price of electric. It may or may not lower the cost dependiong on demand. How fucking stupid are you? Show any evidence to support the op claim at all. There is none! If I am firing up a coal plant my cost opf producing that electric does not go up because some one is running a windmill. That wind mill does not effect my cost of production one little bit no matter how you slice it!

You stupid fuck , educate yourself do you know how much electricity is wasted and they don't have much of any storage capacity.

Why Renewable Power Can Still Be Wasteful
Because we’ve incentivized its production—but not the infrastructure to transport it.
By Daniel GrossJul. 29, 2016 12:38 PM

Renewable energy is synonymous with efficiency. Generating electricity with fossil fuels involves using labor and machines to dig up substances like coal or natural gas, which took eons to form; once burned, they can’t be replaced. But harness the wind that blows one night to turn wind turbines, and a similar amount of wind will probably blow the next day. The same sun that hits solar panels today will rise and perform the same magic tomorrow: You don’t have to mine the wind or transport the sun. Using fossil fuels to create electricity creates byproducts that have to be managed afterward, like emissions and coal ash. With renewables, there are no emissions or toxic byproducts.

Advertisement

as the term of art goes. Wind turbines, for example, get turned off even though the blades are still turning; the production of solar plants sometimes gets dialed down. In early July in California, for about an hour one afternoon, some 292 megawatts of solar capacity was curtailed—enough to power thousands of homes.

Why do we have curtailment? Blame the herky-jerky way we roll out new technologies and build infrastructure in this country.

Inefficiencies in new economic infrastructure aren’t exactly new. Because the state doesn’t centrally plan and roll out new technologies in a completely rational fashion—matching demand, distribution, and supply—wrinkles and bubbles develop. Incentives may be available for one component of the technology but not for others. And so overinvestment in one stage of the process coincides with underinvestment in another stage. Which is why we have bubbles. The earliest telegraph lines from Boston to New York City stopped at the Hudson River—and messages had to be carried across the Hudson on a boat. In the 1990s, information would travel at rapid speeds across the country on fast cables but slow down in the last mile. (I wrote a book about this in 2007.)

The same has happened with wind and solar. There are significant government incentives to build wind and solar farms in the plains and deserts, where land is cheap and resources are plentiful. The U.S. renewable industries have figured out how to build and finance wind and solar farms at scale. But the transmission and the distribution systems, which don’t benefit from the same incentives, haven’t kept up. Transporting electricity involves stringing high-voltage lines across hundreds of miles of open space, across property owned by thousands of owners and multiple state lines. You can put up a giant solar farm or a wind farm in a matter of months. But as the travails of transmission-builder Clean Line Energy show, building the lines that will carry electrons from the places where they are created to the places they can be used can take decades

You really are a fucking idiot. You have no understanding of economics. Renewables have higher costs. Therefore they raise the price of electricity. The Windmill's cost of production is higher. Somehow you have decided you don't have to figure that cost into your calculations.

Nah ... Just for the people paying their electric bill in Louisiana when AEP decides to build a wind farm in Oklahoma to support their grid.
The stockholders charge the consumer for the upgrade that reduces the cost for generation after initial investment.

AEP - News Releases - AEP Announces $4.5 Billion Investment In 2,000-Megawatt Wind Farm And Dedicated Power Line To Benefit Customers In Four States

That is the story of capitalism. Screw you I got mine!!

I went solar and $11.02 is my electric bill. That is for me to send my excess power to the grid.

here's the story of leeches and moochers: "gimme what you got." It's also the story of muggers and armed robbers.

Capitalism in no way told them to shut down/curtail the coal fired plant and switch to green energy ... :thup:

On the other hand ... Thank goodness the government doesn't run the power company ...
If you measured what you could expect in service by how well the government manages things now ...
You would be better off investing in candles.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back