Wind And Solar Power Are Driving Up Electricity Prices, Expert Says

Does it occur to anyone that BOTH renewables and nonrenewables have a place in our energy future? It is not a zero sum game where there can only be one? :dunno:
As long as the government don't tax me to pay for it, or prevents me from using the form of energy I prefer, then I could care less what kind of energy you use. Unfortunately we both know that people on your side of the issue want to do exactly that.

LOL 'the form of energy you prefer'- do you prefer electricity or what steam?

What has the Trump administration done regarding this issue?

Well it has tried to force rate payers more to pay for coal fired power plants
Regulators reject Energy Secretary Rick Perry's plan to subsidize coal and nuclear plants

Federal regulators on Monday rejected a rule proposed by Energy Secretary Rick Perry that would have subsidized coal and nuclear power plants in some parts of the United States.
Nice diversion. What does that have to do with forcing me to subsidize so-called "green energy?"

Does it occur to anyone that BOTH renewables and nonrenewables have a place in our energy future? It is not a zero sum game where there can only be one? :dunno:
As long as the government don't tax me to pay for it, or prevents me from using the form of energy I prefer, then I could care less what kind of energy you use. Unfortunately we both know that people on your side of the issue want to do exactly that.

Regulators reject Energy Secretary Rick Perry's plan to subsidize coal and nuclear plants

Federal regulators on Monday rejected a rule proposed by Energy Secretary Rick Perry that would have subsidized coal and nuclear power plants in some parts of the United States.
Nice diversion. What does that have to do with forcing me to subsidize so-called "green energy?"

You are no more 'forced' to subsidize green energy than I am forced to subsidize dirty coal.

We pay taxes.

there is a thing called practical. why can't we move toward practical. Nuclear Power is far cheaper than any renewable wind or solar. just is. why not promote it?

Actually I am in favor of nuclear- but 'far cheaper'? Nuclear requires a huge amount of construction costs. I am more concerned about preventing the closure of current nuclear power plants than trying to build more- though I think that they should be considered equally with solar and wind- nuclear is a better alternative than coal.
dude, that's just punking. of course the facilities would need to be built. You know that panels and windmills need to be built as well. Are they subsidized? yes. that is truly a stupid rabbit hole to go down.

Nuclear construction costs are huge- to use a Trump phrase.

If you ignore the enormous up front costs of building nuclear power plants then you will never be able to argue effectively for them.

there is a thing called practical. why can't we move toward practical. Nuclear Power is far cheaper than any renewable wind or solar. just is. why not promote it?

Actually I am in favor of nuclear- but 'far cheaper'? Nuclear requires a huge amount of construction costs. I am more concerned about preventing the closure of current nuclear power plants than trying to build more- though I think that they should be considered equally with solar and wind- nuclear is a better alternative than coal.
dude, that's just punking. of course the facilities would need to be built. You know that panels and windmills need to be built as well. Are they subsidized? yes. that is truly a stupid rabbit hole to go down.

Nuclear construction costs are huge- to use a Trump phrase.

If you ignore the enormous up front costs of building nuclear power plants then you will never be able to argue effectively for them.
how many panels and how many windmills you need to create enough energy to power a city? come on asshat you're gonna lose this one. First you have the material to make the panel or windmill, then you have to install it, run cable to it, and repeat about fifty times to get enough energy to turn on a city block. oh and you then kill wild life with them. you don't see the costs cause it's subsidized. bigly to quote trump.

oh, oh :desk:, then the panels are only good 9 hours a day and the windmill only good when the wind blows. so no 24 hour stability with either. so what has to happen? you need alternative power from coal or natural gas plants. yeah, keep going.

Last edited:
Tax Cuts Cause Electricity Prices to Explode!!!
more leftist fake news. you all really don't have any dignity at all. amazing. and you don't give a fk either. that's even worse.

Utilities cutting rates, cite benefits of Trump tax reform

"On the heels of companies dishing bonuses of up to $3,000 to over one million workers due to the anticipated benefit of President Trump’s tax reform victory, several major utilities have announced plans to cut rates in a consumer payback related to the lower taxes.

Energy suppliers like Washington’s Pepco, Baltimore Gas and Light, Pacific Power, Rocky Mountain Power and Commonwealth Edison said they plan to give hundreds of thousands of customers a rate cut due to the tax reform.

The taxpayer advocate group Americans for Tax Reform is pulling together the list of utilities expected to apply for a rate cut as it has for more than 100 major firms planning to pay out bonuses, higher wages and increased benefits due to the expected windfall they plan to receive when corporate taxes are cut."
Government Deficit Printing Money Causes Inflation!!! You are spreading Fake News Propaganda that never happened & will not ever happen! There is NO Tax Cut without Cutting Spending, because they tax US harder with Inflation from Deficits! Big Spending Repubtards are Bankrupting US!!!

more leftist fake news. you all really don't have any dignity at all. amazing. and you don't give a fk either. that's even worse.

"On the heels of companies dishing bonuses of up to $3,000 to over one million workers due to the anticipated benefit of President Trump’s tax reform victory, several major utilities have announced plans to cut rates in a consumer payback related to the lower taxes.

Energy suppliers like Washington’s Pepco, Baltimore Gas and Light, Pacific Power, Rocky Mountain Power and Commonwealth Edison said they plan to give hundreds of thousands of customers a rate cut due to the tax reform.

The taxpayer advocate group Americans for Tax Reform is pulling together the list of utilities expected to apply for a rate cut as it has for more than 100 major firms planning to pay out bonuses, higher wages and increased benefits due to the expected windfall they plan to receive when corporate taxes are cut."
Government Deficit Printing Money Causes Inflation!!! You are spreading Fake News Propaganda that never happened & will not ever happen!
the only way to stop a deficit is to spend within the limits of incoming cash. so stop spending stops deficit printing.

Government Deficit Printing Money Causes Inflation!!! You are spreading Fake News Propaganda that never happened & will not ever happen! There is NO Tax Cut without Cutting Spending, because they tax US harder with Inflation from Deficits! Big Spending Repubtards are Bankrupting US!!!
the only way to stop a deficit is to spend within the limits of incoming cash. so stop spending stops deficit printing.
You are RETARDED!!! The only way to stop spending is to STOP SPENDING!!! Deficits Increase Spending! Repubtards are BIG SPENDERS!!!

You are no more 'forced' to subsidize green energy than I am forced to subsidize dirty coal.

We pay taxes.

Wrong, douchebag. The government spends many billions on so-called "green energy." It spends nothing on coal."

You are RETARDED!!! The only way to stop spending is to STOP SPENDING!!! Deficits Increase Spending! Repubtards are BIG SPENDERS!!!
huh? :auiqs.jpg: wtf kind of mumbo jumbo you call that?

We pay taxes.

Wrong, douchebag. The government spends many billions on so-called "green energy." It spends nothing on coal."
he knows that, but that doesn't help his argument so he has to make it up to make his point which he loses every time.

The environmental wackos have been claiming that so-called "green energy" is cheaper, but the rest of us know better. Now here's the proof.

Well of course. Anyone but an idiot or a government accountant could see that as "green energy" grows (only by the forced application of marginal technologies not quite ready for prime time under the guise of environmentalism) that it could only ADD to our energy costs, not take from them. The whole industry of green energy is nothing but for now a pipe dream for entrepreneurs wishing to milk government incentives by the use of technologies nowhere developed yet to make them competitive with much simpler means, and is nothing but a way of controlling society by the government, by trying to manipulate energy costs.

The REAL SOLUTION to energy is population control. We need a planet with 1/3rd fewer people, and the best place to start is by sterilizing developing nations too poor to support the billions they keep producing then dumping on the rest of us.

I hate to break it to you idiots, but you don't get to decide what your taxes pay for a la carte based on your dim world view. It's common for governments to use tax funds to basically subsidize different industries either for national security, defense, or otherwise. One of the biggest whining gripes from the right is this "waaa I don't want my tax money paying for that." Too bad. Grow up. Taxation is apparently hard to understand and accept on the right.
You're the kind of imbecile who would volunteer to be a gaurd in a concentration camp and then tell the inmates to "grow up. You don't get to do what you want."

You're a Stalinist jackass, in other words. Perhaps you're the kind of servile worm who enjoys having stuff you don't want shoved down your throat, but most people have a much more well adjusted attitude towards oppression.

What I understand is that you just posted the reason government is a bad thing. You didn't make the case for government. You made the case against it.
Wtf sort of drug induced fantasy are you living. If you can't handle how the federal budget and taxes work thats your problem and doesn't make me a Marxist. Christ, you absolute lunatics on this board are a total joke.

Yeah, I'm paying 20 bucks (almost entirely for utility fees) for my electric bill and spent 18k on a solar system. My average bill before was about $200. I have a 15 year warranty on most of it.

I know I also use a lot more electricity now, crank up the a/c and I still have plenty to sell back to my utility company.

Yeah, I think I'm saving money and now I can waste electricity like a Repuplican and still save energy.

Sure, if nothing breaks down. A warranty is different from a guarantee.

i'm not concerned about it breaking down, they have proven to be reliable.

I'm guessing that the taxpayers subsidized you for your solar system.

Yes, for a portion. The feds gave me back 30% of the cost plus my state (red state) kicked in an additional $1k. So, basically I ended up only paying about $11k out of pocket. I also sell back my unused energy to the utility company so that nothing is lost.

All my neighbors, almost all of them republicans also have solar. Is that why I live in a Republican welfare state that sees more incoming federal dollars than it pays out? Nope, but the only thing that you're going to read from this post is that you paid for a portion of my solar.

BTW, you're welcome somebody needs to save you morons from yourselves.

Oh yes, we need salvation from environmentalists. :21:

Yes I will focus on government kick backs because without it, the investment will not pay off. In fact you would likely be at a loss in the long run.

Actually the investment will pay off regardless, it's a matter of an additional 2-3 years without the tax subsidy and immediately adds value to my property. You're trying really hard (in reality just being lazy) to show that solar panels are not a good investment and you can't and it's obvious you're just reaching for something.

Piss off, I'm saving money.
giphy.gif
What's the bill look like for the 200 amp set up?

I hate to break it to you idiots, but you don't get to decide what your taxes pay for a la carte based on your dim world view. It's common for governments to use tax funds to basically subsidize different industries either for national security, defense, or otherwise. One of the biggest whining gripes from the right is this "waaa I don't want my tax money paying for that." Too bad. Grow up. Taxation is apparently hard to understand and accept on the right.
You're the kind of imbecile who would volunteer to be a gaurd in a concentration camp and then tell the inmates to "grow up. You don't get to do what you want."

You're a Stalinist jackass, in other words. Perhaps you're the kind of servile worm who enjoys having stuff you don't want shoved down your throat, but most people have a much more well adjusted attitude towards oppression.

What I understand is that you just posted the reason government is a bad thing. You didn't make the case for government. You made the case against it.
Wtf sort of drug induced fantasy are you living. If you can't handle how the federal budget and taxes work thats your problem and doesn't make me a Marxist. Christ, you absolute lunatics on this board are a total joke.
It's better than TV and safer than clinical work...

If Solar And Wind Are So Cheap, Why Are They Making Electricity So Expensive?

"expert" " :laugh2:
"dailycaller" :laughing0301:

can you laugh off Forbes?

facts are the taxpayer is keeping these green companies alive with our tax dollars, not our pay checks.

it's a scam
It's a bigger and far more immoral scam to poison third parties with coal runoff and exhaust and force them to pay for it themselves or tax payers to pay for it. The old energy companies were not paying the true cost of business and instead would cut corners and criminally harm public health or the environment.
:linky: and lots of them, no assumptions, actual court cases.
Try Google, bruh. I'm not here to teach you.

Not even debatable, simply look at what happened to rates in go green EU.......energy poverty anyone....classss......Buhler

You "handle it" only because you're a servile Stalinist worm who enjoys having stuff you don't want shoved down your throat. I want to live in a free country, not the kind of people's Republic that you endorse and defend.

You "handle it" only because you're a servile Stalinist worm who enjoys having stuff you don't want shoved down your throat. I want to live in a free country, not the kind of people's Republic that you endorse and defend.
Sounds like you're unhappy with how things are going. The gop is in lower and if they don't fix it to your liking then I guess it stfu or leave.

Wholesale electricity markets sometimes result in prices below zero. That is, sellers pay buyers to take the power. This situation arises because certain types of generators, such as nuclear, hydroelectric, and wind, cannot or prefer not to reduce output for short periods of time when demand is insufficient to absorb their output. Sometimes buyers can be induced to take the power when they are paid to do so.

Negative prices are rare in bilateral markets and more common—albeit still unusual—in Regional Transmission Organizations (RTO). In this article, we focus on negative bilateral spot prices, which occur predominantly in the Pacific Northwest. Negative prices in RTOs will be the subject of a follow-on article.

Technical and economic factors may drive power plant operators to run generators even when power supply outstrips demand. For example:

• For technical and cost recovery reasons, nuclear plant operators try to continuously operate at full power.
  • The operation of hydroelectric units reflects factors outside of power demand, for example, compliance with environmental regulations such as controlling water flow to maintain fish populations.
  • Eligible generators can take a 2.2 ¢/kWh or $22/MWh production tax credit (PTC) on electricity sold. This means that some generators may be willing to sell their output for as low as -$22/MWh to continue producing power. Typically, wind generators are the largest such group in any region.
  • There are maintenance and fuel-cost penalties when operators shut down and start up large steam turbine (usually fossil-fueled) plants as demand varies over a day or a week. These costs may be avoided if the generator sells at a loss to attract a buyer when demand is low.
Negative prices in wholesale electricity markets indicate supply inflexibilities - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Put grid scale storage in the equation, and everyone comes out better. And that is the key to creating an all renewable grid.

Forum List

Back