CDZ Will our Republic be gone within a year if Trump remains President

Will the Republic last longer than a year if Trump remains as president

• Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
if it is it will libs going off the deep end will be the cause
Respond to the OP, please. The issue is Trump at the moment.

Actually this is the issue.....The title of the thread is "will our republic be gone within a year if trump remains president". The thing is, it's very possible that our republic will be gone within that year (more or less).....but not as much a direct result of him holding office or what he does for policy......but more because of the hardline opposition
If the oppositions push back legally and constitutionally though, that is the spirit of our Republic.

Actually this is the issue.....The title of the thread is "will our republic be gone within a year if trump remains president". The thing is, it's very possible that our republic will be gone within that year (more or less).....but not as much a direct result of him holding office or what he does for policy......but more because of the hardline opposition
If the oppositions push back legally and constitutionally though, that is the spirit of our Republic.
A rare case where we agree. Destructive as the push back may be (in the short term), it is, indeed, in the spirit of the Republic.

I don't think even Trump can destroy it. Even a friendly congress can turn unfriendly at presidential overreach and illegal activities.

What I see as more likely, is we become the target of more terrorist attacks.

The republic is going nowhere, now we have real Americans in charge. The left would be wise to sit down and get out of the way....that and figure out why they lost any power they had. America is weary of your nonsense

I would dispute the "real Americans" part, but I agree, it's not likely to be shredded in just one term. I trust our Constitution's durability.

and as the President acts legally and constitutionally.......any opposition that threatens the very basis of what comprises that Republic is what will bring it down.

I don't think even Trump can destroy it. Even a friendly congress can turn unfriendly at presidential overreach and illegal activities.

I don't get this one.. So Trump is going after bad guys across the globe.. And Obama didn't?

Trump isn't going after the bad guys with this particular move, he's ignoring all the advice from folks who know more than he does about it, and as a result is slapping the faces of the people we NEED to work with to combat terrorism and handing propoganda right into the hands of ISIS and creating more bad guys.

The republic is going nowhere, now we have real Americans in charge. The left would be wise to sit down and get out of the way....that and figure out why they lost any power they had. America is weary of your nonsense

I would dispute the "real Americans" part, but I agree, it's not likely to be shredded in just one term. I trust our Constitution's durability.

If Obama didn't get it done nobody will

I am interested in posters' votes and reactions. Remember that we are in the CDZ, so we have to be relatively polite in this discussion.

Paul Krugman Warns Either Trump or the Republic Will Be Gone Within a Year
By Hrafnkell Haraldsson on Tue, Jan 31st, 2017 at 10:43 am

"Either he or the republic, in any meaningful sense, will be gone quite soon. I have a hard time seeing one year, let alone four"

krugman-economy-701x402.jpg

Isn't he also one of the guys that predicted a Stock Market Freefall upon the election of Trump?

Just because government isn't doing what you want it to do anymore doesn't mean the downfall of the government.
I lived with Bush then Obama, marty. Neither, in my opinion, are the threat that Krugman perceives with Trump.

I don't know if it so much Trump as it is people like Conway and Bannon in such important positions in the admin,.

Yes, non-statists are finally running the show. I guess power back to the people is a troubling thing to you.
Trump is not for the people, at all, you know that. He is for himself and the big corporations. Bannon wants to destroy the foundation of the Constitution and Conway is revealing herself as a fascist more each day.

all opinions with no basis in any actual fact. Screaming "fascist!!!" doesn't make it so.

I am interested in posters' votes and reactions. Remember that we are in the CDZ, so we have to be relatively polite in this discussion.

"Either he or the republic, in any meaningful sense, will be gone quite soon. I have a hard time seeing one year, let alone four"

Jake, Krugman is bordering on sedition. Should we drag up your thoughts on the topic of sedition
Talking about autocratic sedition, which he fears from Trump, is not sedition in terms of the 1st Amendment.

Since Trump has taken no actions against the First Amendment, Krugman is preaching sedition.

Isn't he also one of the guys that predicted a Stock Market Freefall upon the election of Trump?

Just because government isn't doing what you want it to do anymore doesn't mean the downfall of the government.
I lived with Bush then Obama, marty. Neither, in my opinion, are the threat that Krugman perceives with Trump.

I don't know if it so much Trump as it is people like Conway and Bannon in such important positions in the admin,.

Yes, non-statists are finally running the show. I guess power back to the people is a troubling thing to you.
Trump is not for the people, at all, you know that. He is for himself and the big corporations. Bannon wants to destroy the foundation of the Constitution and Conway is revealing herself as a fascist more each day.

all opinions with no basis in any actual fact. Screaming "fascist!!!" doesn't make it so.
When Conway goes on Chuch Todd and says the actual facts are not true and she stands by "Alternate Facts," yes, that is fascist, and certainly anti-democratic in principle. A characteristic of the fascists is always to controvert truth.

Kinda hope it's the republic, perhaps the american people will rise up then.
We did rise up, we cast off the lies of the LMSM and voted in the next Coolidge

Nah, you voted for continued Goldman Sachs contintuity, same as it ever was, just like it was with Clinton, Bush, Obama, and would have been with Hilary.

Jake, Krugman is bordering on sedition. Should we drag up your thoughts on the topic of sedition
Talking about autocratic sedition, which he fears from Trump, is not sedition in terms of the 1st Amendment.
Since Trump has taken no actions against the First Amendment, Krugman is preaching sedition.
You do not understand the free speech includes calling out the President if Krugman, in this case, thinks the President is a threat to the Constitution. You did for eight years.

Sounds like threat to me !
Tell me, if Trump is not gone in a year ,
What do you plan on doing about it?

When Conway goes on Chuch Todd and says the actual facts are not true and she stands by "Alternate Facts," yes, that is fascist, and certainly anti-democratic in principle. A characteristic of the fascists is always to controvert truth.

Kind of like calling the current situation a "Muslim Ban"?

Methinks you doth protest too much.

Kind of like calling the current situation a "Muslim Ban"? Methinks you doth protest too much.
You are confused. Show me where I said a Muslim ban. I said it was constitutional.

The Republic will remain, and stronger than ever, but many of our Democrat activists may find themselves in the tidy hole with a severely restricted view.

So many are threatening to break the laws, it's a sure thing they'll be put in a safe space. Perhaps even the California State government. :bye1:

Forum List

Back