Will Obama go down in history as the best president ever?

I'm not sure who is considered such as of now, Ronnie (laughably), FDR maybe? Washington? Lincoln?

:eusa_eh:

i think Lincoln leads, followed by FDR

During my lifetime, so far, Bill Clinton.

Ronnie was a terrible president. he was, however, a very good cheerleader.

i feel Bill was too.....and i was not that big on Ronnie......remember seeing a lot of homeless during his reign.....and this was here in affluent OC.....never saw that out here,not even when Carter was in.....

Sorry dupes, Bush II the worst, followed by Harding, Grant, Nixon, Reagan (see sig pp1- He almost STOPPED the USSR from collapsing- bringing back hardliners with his BS)- All GOP

I would agree with most of that list. I think with the exception of Watergate, that the other stuff Nixon did was quite good. But the worst - by such a long shot it's not even funny - is Bush II. By a long, long shot. Historians don't seem to have much time for Andrew Johnson either, and Chester Arthur was pretty anonymous, but does that mean worse?

After Bush II - in my memory - would be Ronnie Raygun...He's responsible for most of this shit today...

Could be.

Given what he has done with what he was handed...the crashing economy, a trillion dollar deficit, a couple of wars, and a disloyal opposition fueled by racial hate determined to undermine any attempt to pull us out of the hole they put us in......yes, he may very well go down as the greatest of all time.

History will not be kind to today's version of the GOP.
Yes, it is extremely possible. Especially if this health care thing works out and also if the USA is pulled back from the brink and continues to be the leading power in the world.

Good thread Ravi, this should stir them up.

If by "stir them up" you mean eliciting gales of derisive howling laughter, yes.

Last I heard he was voted as the 4th best president we ever had. 3 tied for 1st place, 18 tied for 2nd place, 22 tied for 3rd place and sambo came in 4th pl.

Who is sambo?

The word has a defintion, look it up. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of having to school public school educated morons.

yea its also kinda racist.....if you dont like the guy thats one thing....but to be that ignorant public school moron that you talk about.....thats another....

Nixon gets a strong negative emotional vote. But objectively speaking, he was not a bad President. Yes, the whole Watergate affair factors in. But I put him middle of the pack.

Nixon was a bad president in a host of ways.

The "Wage and Price Freeze" was the biggest, single economic disaster in my lifetime. Nixon and his advisory's took the idiocy of John Maynard Keynes literally, and actually tried to put Keynesian policies into effect. This created a tsunami of stagflation that consumed the Nation all the way through the Carter administration, only easing when Reagan dramatically changed course.

Watergate was bullshit, minor compared to the Clinton's perjury, threatening witnesses, bribing witnesses, etc. And utterly small time in comparison to Obama selling guns to Mexican drug cartels that were used to murder federal agents.

If Nixon had any idea what would come, he would have told the dims to piss off, just as Clinton and Obama have done in the face of FAR more serious offenses. Fucking Clinton had Sandy Burgler stealing secret documents by stuffing them down his pants. Covering up for other people breaking into a hotel room during a party in hopes of finding proof that the democrats were engaged in election fraud - which they were, after all, is small potato stuff.

The reason Nixon resigned is that he had something Clinton and Obama don't, which is integrity. If Obama had one one-hundreth the honor of Nixon, he would have resigned the very day Fast and Furious was revealed - much more so when Benghazi went down. But like most leftists, Obama hasn't so much as a hint of honor or integrity.

The libs think it's funny when someone says that W may have qualified as "great," but they have no difficulty swallowing the hideously stupid claim that Pres. Obama may be great and not even with the facially absurd prospect that Pres. Obama may qualify as one of the "greatest."

:lmao:

I don't know. Are you planning to purge the history books of any mention of any other President? Because if you are, he might be. If not, then he is not going to have a chance.

iraq war was a war of choice.

the invasion happened on the iraqi people.

but it should not have happened.....no reason for it.....

exactly. it should not have been started by the previous administration.

and continued by the current until Bush's timeline was finished and Iraq said fuck off when asked if they wanted us to stay longer?

troop surge in Afghanistan?

currently bombing 8+ countries

massive increase in the drone war resulting in huge civilian deaths

currently have troops in 144ish countries

kills his own citizens without due process

forces all Americans to purchase a product for the first time in the history of our country

sells guns to criminals who use them to kill US Citizens

continues to put people in CAGES for crimes with no victim

want me to go on?

but it should not have happened.....no reason for it.....

exactly. it should not have been started by the previous administration.

and continued by the current until Bush's timeline was finished and Iraq said fuck off when asked if they wanted us to stay longer?

troop surge in Afghanistan?

currently bombing 8+ countries

massive increase in the drone war resulting in huge civilian deaths

currently have troops in 144ish countries

kills his own citizens without due process

forces all Americans to purchase a product for the first time in the history of our country

sells guns to criminals who use them to kill US Citizens

continues to put people in CAGES for crimes with no victim

want me to go on?
you can drone on if you want to.

it is off-topic to my point.

Forum List

Back