Will Obama go down in history as the best president ever?

President Bush is the best president in my lifetime.

He is the first president to ever take the fight to the terrorists, instead of impotenly waiting for more attacks, like every prior american president has done.

Also unemployment was very low under Pres. Bush. The average unemployment rate was 5.3% during both his terms.

Toward the end it went up due to the mortgage bubble created by Clinton's policy to give mortgages to unqualifed people and Barney Frank refusing to regulate Fannie and Freddie.

Obama took it up to double digits, and kept it high until the present.

Obama's average unemployment rate was 9.2% for his first four years.

I thought we had age restrictions on this board? In any event, Bush policies created an artificial boom on our economy, one that was destined to crash and crash hard. The hope had been that it would crash after Bush left office, under a Democratic President. Instead, it crashed at the end of his term.

I'm not sure who is considered such as of now, Ronnie (laughably), FDR maybe? Washington? Lincoln?

:eusa_eh:

My personal list puts Washington at the top. Many have Lincoln on top. It's gonna take at least 20 years after the end of his second term for Obama to start finding his place on that list. Right now, I wouldn't list him as a top 10 contender. But we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Just MHO

I'm not sure who is considered such as of now, Ronnie (laughably), FDR maybe? Washington? Lincoln?

Ronnie? no way he ballooned the deficit.

FDR is on the list but no modern republicans.

Its why they will hate Obama for ever just like they hate FDR

Here is my rankings of the Presidents starting from the worst/the bottom.

1. Lincoln
2. FDR
3. Wilson
4. T. Roosevelt
5. Johnson
6. Obama
7. GWB

Yeah, he added $6 trillion to it in 4 years.

Oh wait, that wasn't Reagan, that was that fucktard Obama.

On who's list, retard?

Reagan is unquestionably the greatest president of the 20th century, defeating the Soviet Union with zero loss of American life.

FDR had WWII, but the loss of life was astounding, and it positioned Stalin as a global threat.

Reason I list Washington #1 is because at the time he was elected, he could have turned the office into an elected monarchy if he had wanted to. All our checks and balances and divisions of authority for the different branches of government were all just kinda hazy ideas. And he was so beloved, he could have pulled it off.

It was his commitment to democracy and to the seperation of powers that that kept us from falling back into the form of government we were most familioar and comfortable with at the time - a monarchy.

The most liberal unconstitutional presidency's in the 20th century
Woodrow \Wilson
FDR
Bill Clinton
George Bush
Barack Hussein Obama
Those five can fight for the bottom spot.

My worst is U.S. Grant. Great general - horrible president. He stayed drunk while his buddies raided the treasury.
Nixon is second worst - it's very undignified for the president to be involved in a B & E
Andrew Johnson comes in third.
Bush the junior is in the worst 10.

Last edited:
LOL.....hilarious.

The man has done nothing and you folks want him on Rushmore already.

You just make this shit up :)

Could be.

Given what he has done with what he was handed...the crashing economy, a trillion dollar deficit, a couple of wars, and a disloyal opposition fueled by racial hate determined to undermine any attempt to pull us out of the hole they put us in......yes, he may very well go down as the greatest of all time.

History will not be kind to today's version of the GOP.
Yes, it is extremely possible. Especially if this health care thing works out and also if the USA is pulled back from the brink and continues to be the leading power in the world.

Good thread Ravi, this should stir them up.

Obama is definitely in the running for the "best worst President in US history"

We'll have to see just how badly he screws things up even further these next 3+ years, to determine whether or not he bests Carter and Buchanan for the title of BWPIUSH.

Sorry dupes, Bush II the worst, followed by Harding, Grant, Nixon, Reagan (see sig pp1- He almost STOPPED the USSR from collapsing- bringing back hardliners with his BS)- All GOP

Obama won't be remember for anything, except being the first black President elected and growing this government to make the people SLAVES OF IT..a shame he didn't do more than act like a hateful raging dictator wannabe

Oh, I think we'll remember him... It's going to take decades to repair the divisions he has created.

President Bush is the best president in my lifetime.

He is the first president to ever take the fight to the terrorists, instead of impotenly waiting for more attacks, like every prior american president has done.

Also unemployment was very low under Pres. Bush. The average unemployment rate was 5.3% during both his terms.

Toward the end it went up due to the mortgage bubble created by Clinton's policy to give mortgages to unqualifed people and Barney Frank refusing to regulate Fannie and Freddie.

Obama took it up to double digits, and kept it high until the present.

Obama's average unemployment rate was 9.2% for his first four years.

There's only one way that's possible. You turned eight the day before he left office.

Regardless of who gets elected in 2016, there's one phrase both parties will use for the next 8 years after that.

"It's Obama's fault."

My worst is U.S. Grant. Great general - horrible president. He stayed drunk while his buddies raided the treasury.
Nixon is second worst - it's very undignified for the president to be involved in a B & E

Nixon gets a strong negative emotional vote. But objectively speaking, he was not a bad President. Yes, the whole Watergate affair factors in. But I put him middle of the pack.

Nixon gets a strong negative emotional vote. But objectively speaking, he was not a bad President. Yes, the whole Watergate affair factors in. But I put him middle of the pack.

I get the China thing and I get the getting out of 'Nam thing. Not to be overlooked. But he was also a petty criminal. So he loses points also because his crimes were so freaking petty and embarassing to the our entire country.

No one who emabarasses our nation THAT bad is middle of the pack imho.

Could be.

Given what he has done with what he was handed...the crashing economy, a trillion dollar deficit, a couple of wars, and a disloyal opposition fueled by racial hate determined to undermine any attempt to pull us out of the hole they put us in......yes, he may very well go down as the greatest of all time.

History will not be kind to today's version of the GOP.

yea and you forgot.....he is a great leader.....he is just great at uniting this Country....:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back