Will Notre Dame win BCS title?

Will Notre Dame win the BCS title?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
What if ND blows out USC - (which they should - but I'll take a close win in reg -NO MORE OTs) how much of a dog will they be in the BCS title game?

Doesn't happen often that a #1 ranked unbeaten team are dogs.

They play a weak schedule.
If SC hadn't slipped, half the Irish games would be against ranked teams.

You call that a "weak" schedule?

If you want to pretend USC is ranked, it would be a total of 4 ranked teams, so they played three ranked teams not half their schedule.
SC would be the 5th ranked team, if they hadn't of slipped.

Michigan, Michigan St., Stanford and Oklahoma were the others.

If SC hadn't slipped, half the Irish games would be against ranked teams.

You call that a "weak" schedule?

If you want to pretend USC is ranked, it would be a total of 4 ranked teams, so they played three ranked teams not half their schedule.
SC would be the 5th ranked team, if they hadn't of slipped.

Michigan, Michigan St., Stanford and Oklahoma were the others.

USC slipped four times? So they aren't anywhere near a ranked team. Alabama would be 1st ranked team had they not slipped. The reality is that they "slipped" so they aren't ranked. Michigan St. Has to win today to finish at .500, not that tough of a team.

You only have three, Stanford, Oklahoma and Michigan. Again, like I stated three teams, not half a schedule. Give you USC and still not half your schedule.

You only have three, Stanford, Oklahoma and Michigan. Again, like I stated three teams, not half a schedule. Give you USC and still not half your schedule.
Michigan St was a ranked team when they played them.

Good grief, you go by that? They have to win today to break .500, do you really think they were as good as billed? USC was number one on the preseason, do you just want to give them a championship?

How it shakes out in the end is more relevant than in the beginning.

ND has to win one more game against a Barkley-less under-achieving USC team, so I am very hopeful they win. However, in the national championship, my fear is they go up against a TOUGH Alabama team.

As a ND, and looking at it objectively, I am not confident against Alabama!

ND has to win one more game against a Barkley-less under-achieving USC team, so I am very hopeful they win. However, in the national championship, my fear is they go up against a TOUGH Alabama team.

As a ND, and looking at it objectively, I am not confident against Alabama!

ND should win today, and they do have a good defense, Alabama is not as dominant as in the past. So it would be a good match up.

Good grief, you go by that? They have to win today to break .500, do you really think they were as good as billed? USC was number one on the preseason, do you just want to give them a championship?

That is true. But in the context of playing a ranked team, it is where they are ranked when you play them. And when ND played Michigan St, they were a ranked team.

And if ND wins today, they'll play another ranked team (Alabama) to finish the season.

That is true. But in the context of playing a ranked team, it is where they are ranked when you play them. And when ND played Michigan St, they were a ranked team.

And if ND wins today, they'll play another ranked team (Alabama) to finish the season.

So only 4 ranked teams out of 12 games. Same as before, because now we take out USC because they are not ranked.

I watched Bama vs Auburn the first half before the ND-USC game.

Gawd - what a boring, methodical team.

What if ND blows out USC - (which they should - but I'll take a close win in reg -NO MORE OTs) how much of a dog will they be in the BCS title game?

Doesn't happen often that a #1 ranked unbeaten team are dogs.

ND left too many points on the field against USC.

Stalled in the red zone after long drives.

Too many FGs and not enought TDs.

Will have to do better in the BCS title game.

"From South Bend IND to South Central LA To South Florida."

Team Of Destiny.

Forum List

Back