Will Notre Dame win BCS title?

Will Notre Dame win the BCS title?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
I hear that Alabama if they make to the NC will have a new logo on their helmets.

A used kotex dripping with a bright crimson tide.

Its not a kotex. Just an ordinary bandage used to patch up opponents who underestimate the Crimson Tide.

You mean like Texas A&M? If it were a mere bandage to patch up opponents it just might work on all the girl type teams the flowing tide plays.

Girly teams? You mean like Michigan? ND beat them 13-6, only a few weeks after Bama beat them 41-14.

Let me tell ya sports fans, Georgia is good and I have a lot of devotion, history and family ties there. But folks, Alabama IS FUCKING LOADED. Their roster is like shark's teeth, if they get someone banged up they roll over to another 5 star stud that can play and send him out.
Notre Dame is good and maybe deep at 1/3 their positions. Bama has special team players that ND and everyone else heavily recruited.
Politics and religion I fuck around with here on this board.
Football? I know that shit like my life depended on it.
SEC will win national championship ONCE AGAIN. In fact we will take 6 of the final 10 rankings.
SEC football is far, far superior to any other conference in the land.
Notre Dame will need to score at least 40 to win.

Its not a kotex. Just an ordinary bandage used to patch up opponents who underestimate the Crimson Tide.

You mean like Texas A&M? If it were a mere bandage to patch up opponents it just might work on all the girl type teams the flowing tide plays.

Girly teams? You mean like Michigan? ND beat them 13-6, only a few weeks after Bama beat them 41-14.

Bama did not beat Michigan.
They destroyed them, sent a half dozen of their players out of the game banged up.
Alabama could have put 70 up on them. They had their 3rd string in most of 4th quarter.

They destroyed them, sent a half dozen of their players out of the game banged up.
Alabama could have put 70 up on them. They had their 3rd string in most of 4th quarter.

Finally someone who actually knows college football. One SEC-hater on here tried to tell me Bama played Michigan in Tuscaloosa AL. lol

Finally someone who actually knows college football. One SEC-hater on here tried to tell me Bama played Michigan in Tuscaloosa AL. lol

Nothing against Notre Dame as that is a fine university, an American institution, a college football legend.
WAS and give them credit for where they are as going 12-0 is hard no matter what.
And my stepfather in law from Ohio, a closet racist if there ever was one, claims ND shies away from many black players and that was a reason they had a few bad years.
Rudy is one of my favorite movies, God that is a great film and fitting for it to be a true story at ND.
But in these times the SEC gets the studs year in and year out.
Take a look at NFL rosters for longevity also. SEC players.
Do not know about Saturday though as my Dogs will have to play mistake free ball to win.
But I betcha Saban IS NERVOUS!!!

Nothing against Notre Dame as that is a fine university, an American institution, a college football legend.
WAS and give them credit for where they are as going 12-0 is hard no matter what.
And my stepfather in law from Ohio, a closet racist if there ever was one, claims ND shies away from many black players and that was a reason they had a few bad years.
Rudy is one of my favorite movies, God that is a great film and fitting for it to be a true story at ND.
But in these times the SEC gets the studs year in and year out.
Take a look at NFL rosters for longevity also. SEC players.
Do not know about Saturday though as my Dogs will have to play mistake free ball to win.
But I betcha Saban IS NERVOUS!!!

I don't think Saban is ever calm going into a game. Not in his nature.

Remembering when Bama got punked by the Utah Utes a couple of years ago in a BCS game

The Utes are the 3rd worst in the Pac 12 in 2012 - ahead of Colorado and Wash st

Last edited:
Remembering when Bama got punked by the Utah Utes a couple of years ago in a BCS game

The Utes are the 3rd worst in the Pac 12 in 2012 - ahead of Colorado and Wash st

"couple of years ago"
Alabama is loaded this year. Utah had a great game plan.
That game reminded me of the A & M game this year. Both got up early and 21-0 on Bama.
Hope that is the case tomorrow!

Let me tell ya sports fans, Georgia is good and I have a lot of devotion, history and family ties there. But folks, Alabama IS FUCKING LOADED. Their roster is like shark's teeth, if they get someone banged up they roll over to another 5 star stud that can play and send him out.
Notre Dame is good and maybe deep at 1/3 their positions. Bama has special team players that ND and everyone else heavily recruited.
Politics and religion I fuck around with here on this board.
Football? I know that shit like my life depended on it.
SEC will win national championship ONCE AGAIN. In fact we will take 6 of the final 10 rankings.
SEC football is far, far superior to any other conference in the land.
Notre Dame will need to score at least 40 to win.
Actually, the Georgia Bulldogs are the only team that I'm worried about keeping Alabama from the title. They are going to be fired up tomorrow.

Likewise, the USC Trojans would love to play the spoiler, and Notre Dame may go in there unprepared since the Trojans have a 7 and 5 record.

Their record this year is very interesting, but not relevant to your little trip down memory lane.

In 2008 (when they defeated Bama in the bowl game) they finished the season 13-0. They ended the season ranked #2 in the AP poll. Which, by the way, was 4 places above Alabama. I would say where Notre Dame was ranked, but from what I can tell they were not in the Top 25 at all the entire season.

So while you remember Bama getting punked by the team who ended up being #2 in the AP and ending the season ranked #6 in the AP with a record of 12-2, you might also want to remember ND ended that season unranked with a record of 7-6 (which included being shutout by Boston College).

Also, over the next 3 years Alabama won 2 National Championships with a record of 36-4. What was it ND did during that time? Oh yeah, 22-16 with no championships.

If you want to bring up history, bring it all up.

Must be contagious.

Unranked ND hoops team punks #8 Kentucky 64-50.

Could history repeat itself?

I really believe hoops teams and fans feed of the success of the football team -and vica -vere.

Must be contagious.

I really believe hoops teams and fans feed of the success of the football team -and vica -vere.

History did repeat itself.
Alabama kicked Notre Dame's ass, a back yard wood shed spanking.
Notre Dame is no where near the level of most all SEC teams as their coach correctly stated after the game last night.

Remembering when ND got punked by Bama. Oh yeah, it was last night!

When your coach was asked how he was going to get back in the game, an his answer is "Maybe Alabama won't come out of the locker room after halftime", you KNOW you have been seriously whipped, punked, abused and generally bitch-slapped.

How often does a team take their starters out in a national championship game?

Last edited:
Must be contagious.

History did repeat itself.
Alabama kicked Notre Dame's ass, a back yard wood shed spanking.
Notre Dame is no where near the level of most all SEC teams as their coach correctly stated after the game last night.

The actual National Championship game was played in Atlanta in December. Last night was just a reminder of the superiority of SEC football.

I wonder if ginscpy will come in and eat his double helping of crow?

Notre Dame is a class act. At halftime head coach was asked what he needed to get them back in the game down 28-0. "Alabama not taking the field for the second half" was his answer! And they had no excuses and did not cry about it, stated they needed to get better to beat a team like Alabama. First class program at Notre Dame. No cry babies there.

Notre Dame is a class act. At halftime head coach was asked what he needed to get them back in the game down 28-0. "Alabama not taking the field for the second half" was his answer! And they had no excuses and did not cry about it, stated they needed to get better to beat a team like Alabama. First class program at Notre Dame. No cry babies there.

They.....along with other teams will have to recruit bigger players if they want to compete against the SEC.

:lol:

vBQLG.png

I agree. I'll give Coach Kelly and the players kudos for being classy. The players didn't get belligerent when they were being blown out, and Kelly didn't make excuses.

They.....along with other teams will have to recruit bigger players if they want to compete against the SEC.

And faster. Jarvis Jones at UGA and Adrian Hubbard at Bama are the protype OLB or SAM LB these days. Both teams run the 3-4. Hubbard is 6'6 and 250 lbs. Jones 6'3 242. Both with speed.
Irish have nothing close to that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back