Will GOP be willing to PAY for cops in all schools? Tax money? Benefits?

Fuck no. The feds fuck up pretty much everything.

Plus, idiot, it's a constitutional thing about states governing themselves.

Then the 2nd amendment should be repealed and leave gun regulation up to the individual states,

if they can do it better.

Yeah, let's have mob rule.

Win an election and you feel you can tromp all over everyone's rights.

Thats why we love you libs.

I'm not the one that wants the states to be in charge, that was Si Modo. Argue with him.

Morons. Schools are governed locally. If the voters of the district want to pay for it, they will vote for it.

:rolleyes:

Shouldn't we mandate it at the federal level?

If protecting gun rights is important enough to be done at the federal level,

shouldn't protecting children's lives be important enough to be done at the federal level?

How about you show me in the Constitution where the feds are granted this policing power.

We should train the administrators of each school in the use of fire arms, and they should be armed. Principals, assistant principals, counselors etc...why not? They are there anyway, and they are the authority in the school.
If you look at the statistics of school shootings, which include suicide, over the last 5 years we have had 85 students killed in 100,000 schools. In other words, we have had one student killed per year in every 5,900 schools.

If we armed all the administrators, about 400,000 of them, what do think the chances are that they would thwart a massacre which usually occurs in minutes if not seconds? IMHO, we would have far more killings in the schools resulting from:

• Administrators that accidently shot teachers or students
  • Administraor suicides
  • Students that stole guns from administrors.

This plan would put more guns in the schools, resulting in more violence, not less.

So, I see the aftermath has drawn the lines between the left demanding new gun control laws, and the right saying "hogwash" and saying we need armed guards in schools.

So, will the GOP be willing to PAY for that, through more spending and taxing?

You dont wanna trust THAT kind of job to a $10 an hour security guard carrying an old wheel gun revolver do ya?

No, of course not, our kids are worth more than that. They need a full time, fully trained certitfied police officer with tactical training, and the proper weapons to defend that school.

Here..the City of North Charleston just announced they'd add 21 new cops STRICTLY for elementary schools, at a cost of about $1.5 million dollars. The GOP mayor said they'd get the funding through new taxes (The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment).

Question is...will the rest of the GOP follow? Will the TEA PARTY be willing to spend more on government workers...aka cops...who need good pay, benefits, and GASP...maybe even an evil, wicked satanic PENSION!!!!!

Cant have it both ways GOP. Get rid of guns, or fund more cops. The choice is yours.

The GOP will do what they do best. They will proport to be for decreased spending and then turn around and increase the size and scope of government and spend us into the ground even more....again.

124293_600.jpg

We should train the administrators of each school in the use of fire arms, and they should be armed. Principals, assistant principals, counselors etc...why not? They are there anyway, and they are the authority in the school.
If you look at the statistics of school shootings, which include suicide, over the last 5 years we have had 85 students killed in 100,000 schools. In other words, we have had one student killed per year in every 5,900 schools.

If we armed all the administrators, about 400,000 of them, what do think the chances are that they would thwart a massacre which usually occurs in minutes if not seconds? IMHO, we would have far more killings in the schools resulting from:

• Administraor suicides

This plan would put more guns in the schools, resulting in more violence, not less.

Right, just like it has in banks, jewelery stores and other places where armed people protect only property. How can you trust these people to educate children if their not smart enough to secure a weapon? BTW you might want to turn on your spell check.

So, I see the aftermath has drawn the lines between the left demanding new gun control laws, and the right saying "hogwash" and saying we need armed guards in schools.

You dont wanna trust THAT kind of job to a $10 an hour security guard carrying an old wheel gun revolver do ya?

No, of course not, our kids are worth more than that. They need a full time, fully trained certitfied police officer with tactical training, and the proper weapons to defend that school.

Here..the City of North Charleston just announced they'd add 21 new cops STRICTLY for elementary schools, at a cost of about $1.5 million dollars. The GOP mayor said they'd get the funding through new taxes (The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment).

Question is...will the rest of the GOP follow? Will the TEA PARTY be willing to spend more on government workers...aka cops...who need good pay, benefits, and GASP...maybe even an evil, wicked satanic PENSION!!!!!

Cant have it both ways GOP. Get rid of guns, or fund more cops. The choice is yours.

I'm not sure I like the idea of having a police officer in every school. Sounds a bit too totalitarian to me. However, I imagine in most school districts it could easily be afforded by simply realigning financial priorities within their existing budgets.

All those "Gun Free Zone" signs the left rely on to protect our kids did a lot of good didn't they. At least the NRA offered something that could actually protect our kids. Wishful thinking just doesn't cut it.

Will GOP be willing to PAY for cops in all schools? Tax money? Benefits?
Yes, if all the Democrats who want to raise taxes to reduce the deficit will agree to only raise taxes on themselves.

• Administraor suicides

Right, just like it has in banks, jewelery stores and other places where armed people protect only property. How can you trust these people to educate children if their not smart enough to secure a weapon? BTW you might want to turn on your spell check.
I have worked in banks and I have never known a banker to carry a gun.

I have no problem with putting police in schools. In fact, many school districts do that now. They handle criminal investigations in the schools, provide added security, and are often able to defuse potentially violent situations. They are trained to enforce the law. School administrators are trained to education students, not law enforcement. School shootings grab the headlines but in reality are rare. I think arming administrators would do more harm than good.

99% of America's PD's are stretched thin already. Budgets have been slashed to the bone, especially in GOP-run areas. They can't shuffle priorities, as many priorities are already not being met.

Only more guns on more uniforms, with funding somehow, will fix that.

You’ve got to be kidding…

You’re going to arm a 62-year old school administrator with arthritis and bad eyesight and expect him/her to do what, exactly? Hit a moving target with a handgun at relatively long range with screaming children running about, everyone in a panic, and general chaos?

Are you even aware of how idiotic you sound?

Here we go with privatizing just the typical right wing(teaparty) propaganda.

With the money the cities and states will be saving by dismantling the PUBLIC SECTOR teachers unions, eliminating facilities and moving to ONLINE education, YES, they could easily afford armed security at the few schools that will be left.

They won't want to pay extra in taxes for it, but they will expect everyone else to.

There is no need to put cops in schools. Just drop the no guns ordinances and allow those teachers who have conceal carry permits to actually carry.

Oh, and let them shoot the crazies without fear of being prosecuted by the gun grabbers.

I really don't want to make an argument about the value of the life of a child or teacher, but the fact is that putting armed guards or police officers in all schools would cost between $10 and $20 billion per year nationwide. At the absolute most, we might see 100 casualties per year due to these mass shootings, and that number really is high, but I'll use it to make the math easy. Now, if we assume that we could reduce the 100 casualties to zero, and we use the higher rate of $20 billion, then each life saved cost us $200 million.

Bottom line is that we need a better solution.

Forum List

Back