Will Brutal Dismantling Of Zuccotti Park Strengthen OWS Movement?

201111_bloomtalks.jpg

Mayor Bloomberg: OWS Eviction Decision Was "Mine And Mine Alone": Gothamist

Up yours, Bloomberg!

Thanks Mayor Bloomberg for doing the right thing and clearing out the park. :clap2:

Indeed..............and IM still laughing................

GEN_115_LR-36.jpg

Brutal dismantling???????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, the rapes, the deaths, the shootings, the poor sanitation, the defecating in the streets--No, THAT, wasn't brutal.

It's taking the measures to shut this stupidity down that's brutal.

Spoken like a typical liberal.

They act like spoiled children and then they squawk like three year olds in K-Mart when the adults take them in hand.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There was an indication that the public who live and work in the area was getting fed up with the lack of police protection, the filth, the rats, the crime, and the harassment of people going to work. They were organizing to occupy the occupiers.

The police had to act to clear out the park.

Van Jones will sort this out...

Indeed..........except nobody could be more irrelevant in American politics right now than Van Jones. The meathead promised a green America 3 years ago.......and how much green legislation was subsequently passed???

ZERO

Yup........ahhhhhhhhhh ( takes toke of ciggy in classic Denis Leary fashion). We're allr eal sure Van Jones is going to sort things out for the protest k00ks.:2up:

20110519_0052_1-4.jpg

Last edited:
The park is just a location. Not being in the park isn't going to change the drive behind the OWS movement. It may have to change and adapt, but it isn't going away.

NOBODY CARES.
I'll take them serious IF they OCCUPY OUTSIDE during the brutal winter.
any bets?:lol:

There was an indication that the public who live and work in the area was getting fed up with the lack of police protection, the filth, the rats, the crime, and the harassment of people going to work. They were organizing to occupy the occupiers.

The police had to act to clear out the park.

Yep and I'll bet the small business owners in the area are glad to see the backside of those folks as well.

Personally I have no beef with folks protesting. Thats America. You can protest anything.

Big difference between protesting and camping on a site for weeks though. These folks made a mess out of someone elses property, (which I'm sure they didn't clean up at all) Not to mention the sanitation problems and criminal acts that went on.

They can protest all they want by day and then go the hell home at night.

These folks seriously need to organize, make rules and regs for themselves and protest away.

From what I can see nothing brutal went on. They just removed all the people, tore down the tents and left it for others to clean up. Glad I wasn't on that cleanup crew.

Last edited:
I still haven't seen any brutality. The owner of this property has the legal right to establish rules on how the park can be used. This is what the court has ruled. The owners of this property became very concerned over the poor sanitary conditions at the park. As owners,their number one concern is making sure the park is clean and undamaged. They've laid out some new ground rules but the protesters can still protest there. There has been no brutality. This post easily wins the USMB 'Drama Queen Post of the Week' award. Congrats to the OP.

Van Jones will sort this out...

Indeed..........except nobody could be more irrelevant in American politics right now than Van Jones. The meathead promised a green America 3 years ago.......and how much green legislation was subsequently passed???

ZERO

Yup........ahhhhhhhhhh ( takes toke of ciggy in classic Denis Leary fashion). We're allr eal sure Van Jones is going to sort things out for the protest k00ks.:2up:

Sadly, Im not as confident that Van Jones is irrelevant in American politics. He is behind the scenes orchastrating quite a bit. In fact, this occupy bullcrap comes from his groups.

I appreciate what these young OWS patriots are trying to do. Their collective voice is being heard around the world.

So it's patriotic to want to overthrow the Constitution and Republic now?

It always has been:

Thomas Jefferson said:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

(Emphasis added.)

Forum List

Back