Why You Come To The USMB

I'm searching for my parents who left me abandoned on a Trailways bus back in the early 50's. I think I'm getting close... I can feel it.

Even at my most politesse, I was soon banned from conservative sites. lol

But having been at this for some time, it is a mixed bag. I cannot get over the repetitive comments and presumed analyses that come mostly from the right in my opinion. The left is all over the place. I think that is why Obama is seen by many on both sides as off track. I do love it if a smart conservative gives me a good argument. But that is rare.

I remain a dyed in wool liberal. Bernard Williams got it right, he called liberalism 'how we go on in the here and now.'

And here's my pretentious answer.

I do not write for those who agree with me, nor do not I write for those who will always disagree with me, I write for those who reason whether I am right or wrong. Knowledge is not left or right, it is not conservative nor is it liberal, it is either true or it is false.

PS and I often try to add quotes as icing, and links for solid food.

>

Even at my most politesse, I was soon banned from conservative sites. lol

But having been at this for some time, it is a mixed bag. I cannot get over the repetitive comments and presumed analyses that come mostly from the right in my opinion. The left is all over the place. I think that is why Obama is seen by many on both sides as off track. I do love it if a smart conservative gives me a good argument. But that is rare.

I remain a dyed in wool liberal. Bernard Williams got it right, he called liberalism 'how we go on in the here and now.'

And here's my pretentious answer.

I do not write for those who agree with me, nor do not I write for those who will always disagree with me, I write for those who reason whether I am right or wrong. Knowledge is not left or right, it is not conservative nor is it liberal, it is either true or it is false.

PS and I often try to add quotes as icing, and links for solid food.

>

"...I cannot get over the repetitive comments ..."

Aren't you the one who recently wrote a post of dozens of one sentence attacks on conservtives????

There was a time when I could count on you for a well-thought out and spirited debate.
Alas, it seems those days have passed.
Recently you were reduced to a long, long perseveration of misdirected statements designed to skewer conservatives, but clearly the result of a fevered imagination.

I understand. Frustration. Abject depression.

Allow me a moment of psychobabble: your hopes dashed by a President in whom you had invested so much hope. You identified with him, believed him, thought that his motivation was the same as yours.

And now…

you see him, not as an empty suit, but as a chalk outline.

And an egomaniacal narcissistic personality..."But it's not about me..."

So, will it be long before your avatar transmogrifies into Liz, Lynn and Dick Cheney?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is it that brings this poly-faceted multitude to the USMB?

I come to impress the chicks....

No luck so far

... and enjoy being called a capitalista from time to time.....

I got tired of not being able to tell off the trolls in Yahoo answers and somehow after wandering for a few months found you guys. I just checked, after about 6 months that I have been gone from Y A I'm still ranked number 10 in the best answers military section......

Who'd a thunk it?

actually Agna told me about this place in that other really crappy forum we were members of... i think it was Political Forum.com.....you say Poop over there and a mod will censor you.....not that i ever use foul language mind you....

Xeno, told me about this message board over a year ago. I finally joined in April, and started posting in august. but I haven't posted much lately, because I am busy as heck, and it seems like I would be spinning my wheels anyways. Words are just words. I like action, I like making a difference. Plus I am an angry far right extremist :rolleyes: and I am sick to death of the blatant lies told by the left that many are so willing to accept.

When I get a few minutes, I like to check in to see how crazy the world has gone :tongue:

Plus I like a lot of the people on here :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back