Murder Suicide

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Locally a young man in his early twenties here killed his girlfriend last week with a shotgun and then he killed himself.

We did not know the young man personally but know his grandparents. The first we heard about it was from Rod's youngest sis as she handed over the local newspaper on our way to breakfast Sunday morning. She said that at work she had heard that it was an accident that he shot the girl (who was also the mother of his three year old child) and then he shot himself with the rifle because of the grief. I suppose you don't know what is going through someone else's brain as they do such a terrible thing. Then again sometimes people have a want and need to try to minimize the true mess that others are when such things happen. Not sure if it because they don't want to hurt someone else's feeling or if they are trying to minimize the fact that such a small town environment could raise such a monster. The rumor's at Rod's sis's work were that the girl was a mess and so was her mother and they were from California. Maybe it is that if the person from another state it's okay to say they are bad people (small town rhetoric).

Last night Rod spent the evening out with his best friend (besides me). It was his friend's birthday and Rod did not want to see him spend it alone at home by himself. As the evening progressed the friend's son came to where they were and also some of his friend's. The friend's son knew the couple of the murder suicide well. His friend's son is a good sized guy well over six feet. He did not like the guy who had shot the girl. He had thumped on the guy last week for beating on the girl. She was a real pretty girl from the picture I saw in the paper of her. He said this guy used to pound on her and beat her in the face. She had gotten a restraining order against the guy and he somehow had gotten into the house that night last week. Shot her in the face with a shotgun and then shot himself. The younger sister was also in the house when this happened but she was downstairs as she heard the commotion and the shots fired. She called the police but it was over before they got there.

Forum List

Back