Why You Come To The USMB

I dunno. Why do people stop and gawk at a car accident? I can't...look....away....

But here we can do it with coffee. And chocolate. And beer. And some really good people who also stand around and shake their heads or point and laugh. So it's all good.

"...I cannot get over the repetitive comments ..."

Aren't you the one who recently wrote a post of dozens of one sentence attacks on conservtives????

Allow me a moment of psychobabble: your hopes dashed by a President in whom you had invested so much hope. You identified with him, believed him, thought that his motivation was the same as yours.

So, will it be long before your avatar transmogrifies into Liz, Lynn and Dick Cheney?

LOL - the day I have draft dodger Dick and family as my avatar you will know mental illness is real and fatal to thought.

And I still have faith - is that a bad word today - Obama can move our nation forward an inch or so. More may be too far given special interests, interests Lincoln, FDR, and Eisenhower were so aware of. Liked some of his speech last evening.

Also the one liners contained elements of truth - or is that paradox. I have another in the works so beware.

"Ideally citizens are to think of themselves as if they were legislators and ask themselves what statutes, supported by what reasons satisfying the criterion of reciprocity, they would think is most reasonable to enact." John Rawls

"...I cannot get over the repetitive comments ..."

Aren't you the one who recently wrote a post of dozens of one sentence attacks on conservtives????

Allow me a moment of psychobabble: your hopes dashed by a President in whom you had invested so much hope. You identified with him, believed him, thought that his motivation was the same as yours.

So, will it be long before your avatar transmogrifies into Liz, Lynn and Dick Cheney?

LOL - the day I have draft dodger Dick and family as my avatar you will know mental illness is real and fatal to thought.

And I still have faith - is that a bad word today - Obama can move our nation forward an inch or so. More may be too far given special interests, interests Lincoln, FDR, and Eisenhower were so aware of. Liked some of his speech last evening.

Also the one liners contained elements of truth - or is that paradox. I have another in the works so beware.

"Ideally citizens are to think of themselves as if they were legislators and ask themselves what statutes, supported by what reasons satisfying the criterion of reciprocity, they would think is most reasonable to enact." John Rawls

Glad you took that jibe nicely.

On a serious note, I want you to realize that those of us who have studied history have seen 'true believers' before, and see the ill it bodes.

I know that in the privacy of your heart you know that the greatness of America comes from the trust in the worth and creativity, not the collective...and at some point you will also say 'He's had enough of a chance, ..."

You may be unable to put the Cheneys up there, but some subtle change is on the way.

As for "I have another in the works so beware," I have my Conservative umbrella prepared!

Be well.

I was a member of a political site and I just got tired of the same people day in and day out, posting the same sort of responses they always do. After a few years, it got boring! So I struck out on my own, looking for a new place to express my views and opinions along with reading the same from others. I enjoy meeting new people online, and of course the comic relief that many offer. It's all appreciated.

I was over at Political Forum for awhile, but I really didn't like that place. I continue to visit several politcal sites ... RedState, GOPUSA, Politico etc .... but I prefer a message board style over a blog style website. I fell upon this place while doing a search on Google. So far, so good. I like it here.

Thanks for asking.

After that "other one' I found this one, Read the Rules & Regulations yada yada and as Emeril Lagasse says "Kick it up a notch", USMB is just that, up a couple notches above the others.

I have a lot of other interests and projects going on, but enjoy devoting some time in USMB. The wide variety of opinions, and colorful descriptions of other posters in here when others disagree with their point of view is amusing. :lol: That, and other reasons, are probably why there are always a couple hundred "Guests" watching, and under a hundred members posting. Seems a lot more observers than posters.

I came when aol started shutting down it's boards.....I had a rocky start but decided to stick it out and I enjoy discussing politics so here I am, still.

Forum List

Back