Why wouldn't Jesus...

Violence? No offense, but you are insane. Or a liar. Did you know that Jesus doesn't approve of liars, no matter what Mormons say.

Are you seriously unaware that the government collects taxes through the use and the threat of force AKA violence?

I know Jesus doesn't approve of liars. That's why I will invite you to repent and stop lying.

you can't possibly be this stupid and still breathe, so i'll assume that you're a liar.

good to know :thup:

there's nothing i like better than a hypocritical holy roller.

it confirms my bias.

you may now resume high fiving each other on your piety.

overly vocal holy rollers are a trip especially self righteously indignant ones. ;)

violence?

the only person mentioning violence is you.

So you are arguing that the government doesnt force people now?

you're going to argue that people are physically coerced by the government through violence to pay their taxes?

is that really something you think any rational person is going to believe?

your lies greatly sadden the baby jesus.

Try not paying your taxes, and see what happens. Altho, I guess if you don't call the police showing up at your door, arresting you, and throwing you behind bars violence, more power to you. Most would think otherwise. Some people define things differently than you do, and would see having their freedom revoked as violent. Avatar has always been a mature, polite poster, so resorting to being a sarcastic prick with him doesn't really do you justice. It says more about you than it does about him. True story. ;)

you're going to argue that people are physically coerced by the government through violence to pay their taxes?

I'm not really sure you could make a rational claim that taxation isn't coercive. Taxes aren't voluntary. That's what makes them 'taxes', and not donations.

So you are arguing that the government doesnt force people now?

your lies greatly sadden the baby jesus.

Try not paying your taxes, and see what happens. Altho, I guess if you don't call the police showing up at your door, arresting you, and throwing you behind bars violence, more power to you. Most would think otherwise. Some people define things differently than you do, and would see having their freedom revoked as violent. Avatar has always been a mature, polite poster, so resorting to being a sarcastic prick with him doesn't really do you justice. It says more about you than it does about him. True story. ;)

you can twist all the words you want, newby, it still won't make what he said true.

most people would not consider being arrested an act of violence. most people also would realize that non payment of taxes is a civil matter and only in rare cases to people get *thrown behind bars* and that those people for the most part behaved criminally. they are also not subjected to violence unless they bring it on themselves.

now maybe it's different where you live, but where i live we think it's a good thing when criminals go to jail.

as for your opinion of my behavior, i really don't care.

I'm not really sure you could make a rational claim that taxation isn't coercive. Taxes aren't voluntary. That's what makes them 'taxes', and not donations.

so you're also saying that taxes in this country are collected by the use of violence?

damn

... most people would not consider being arrested an act of violence.

That would be an interesting survey to conduct. Popular opinion, however, wouldn't change the fundamental coercive nature of government. The threat of violence is what makes laws "laws" and not just "suggestions".

so you're also saying that taxes in this country are collected by the use of violence?

damn

The threat of violence, yes, absolutely. Take that out of the picture and see how many people pay their taxes. What does 'against the law' mean in your view?

That would be an interesting survey to conduct. Popular opinion, however, wouldn't change the fundamental coercive nature of government. The threat of violence is what makes laws "laws" and not just "suggestions".

no, the threat of punishment is what makes laws laws and not suggestions.

y'all are pretty simpleminded.

no offense

damn

The threat of violence, yes, absolutely. Take that out of the picture and see how many people pay their taxes. What does 'against the law' mean in your view?

i'm sorry, i learned long ago not to try to teach pigs to whistle

have a nice day

no, the threat of punishment is what makes laws laws and not suggestions.

y'all are pretty simpleminded.

no offense

None taken. Your view seems deluded to me. You're denying the obvious fact that the ultimate effect of flaunting the law is the coercive violence of the state. You can frame this a 'bringing it on yourself', but it doesn't change what's going on. If you don't follow the law you will be - as you say 'punished'. The nominal punishment might not involve direct violence, but it is always backed up by it. If you don't play along, you will be beat down - period. If that threat isn't there, then a law, and its implied punishments, is meaningless and people will ignore it at their leisure.

Last edited:

damn

have a nice day

seeya

Obeying laws is not voluntary!

Exactly. Pretty simple equation.

No, there are legal financial remedies if you get caught breaking certain tax laws, and if you continue to thumb your nose at the IRS, then they seek a warrant for your arrest, but that is VERY rare... So to claim that we pay taxes by VIOLENT force is bullshit. Resisting arrest is not advised for ANY criminal.

http://www.lawfirms.com/resources/tax/tax-fraud-and-tax-evasion/penalties-tax-evasion.htm

Last edited:

No, there are legal financial remedies if you get caught breaking certain tax laws, and if you continue to thumb your nose at the IRS, then they seek a warrant for your arrest, but that is VERY rare... So to claim that we pay taxes by VIOLENT force is bullshit. Resisting arrest is not advised for ANY criminal.

Penalties for Tax Evasion | Lawfirms.com

Hmm.... so, in your view, what is the difference between taxes and donations?

Penalties for Tax Evasion | Lawfirms.com

Hmm.... so, in your view, what is the difference between taxes and donations?

One is legally compulsory and one isn't...

Last edited:
No, there are legal financial remedies if you get caught breaking certain tax laws, and if you continue to thumb your nose at the IRS, then they seek a warrant for your arrest, but that is VERY rare...

Just because most people don't resist, doesn't mean the threat of force isn't present. In fact, it's most often why they choose to give in. If they could simply walk away, don't you think most would?

You're FREE to drive a hundred miles-an-hour on the highway too, but it's compulsory to obey the legal limit, unless you want to pay a hefty fine. If you fail to pay said fine, you will be summons to court. If you fail to appear in court, they could seek a warrant for your arrest. And if you are dumb enough to then resist arrest...........?

Are we Violently forced to drive the speed limit? No. :lol:

damn

have a nice day

whistling%20pig.gif

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back