Why wouldn't Jesus...

You're FREE to drive a hundred miles-an-hour on the highway too, but it's compulsory to obey the legal limit, unless you want to pay a hefty fine. If you fail to pay said fine, you will be summons to court. If you fail to appear in court, they could seek a warrant for your arrest. And if you are dumb enough to then resist arrest...........?

Are we Violently forced to drive the speed limit? No. :lol:

I guess you're just using radically different definitions of 'free' and 'voluntary'. The whole point of something being voluntary, or having the freedom to do it, is that you can act without interference. You seem to be working with some kind of existential concept of freedom, rather than the usual political definition.

No, there are legal financial remedies if you get caught breaking certain tax laws, and if you continue to thumb your nose at the IRS, then they seek a warrant for your arrest, but that is VERY rare...

Just because most people don't resist, doesn't mean the threat of force isn't present. In fact, it's most often why they choose to give in. If they could simply walk away, don't you think most would?
You can walk away after seven years. I've known people that have done it.

I've also hired people that haven't paid taxes and not a single, solitary one of them has ever been threatened with arrest, let alone arrested.

But none of this matters, really, since OUR society accepts taxes as part of living in OUR society.

You're FREE to drive a hundred miles-an-hour on the highway too, but it's compulsory to obey the legal limit, unless you want to pay a hefty fine. If you fail to pay said fine, you will be summons to court. If you fail to appear in court, they could seek a warrant for your arrest. And if you are dumb enough to then resist arrest...........?

I guess you're just using radically different definitions of 'free' and 'voluntary'. The whole point of something being voluntary, or having the freedom to do it, is that you can act without interference. You seem to be working with some kind of existential concept of freedom, rather than the usual political definition.

are you being intentionally obtuse?

Violence? No offense, but you are insane. Or a liar. Did you know that Jesus doesn't approve of liars, no matter what Mormons say.

Are you seriously unaware that the government collects taxes through the use and the threat of force AKA violence?

I know Jesus doesn't approve of liars. That's why I will invite you to repent and stop lying.
Yes, I am seriously unaware of that. You're the liar, not me.

So because you're ignorant, Im a liar?

Ravi, thanks for the laugh:)

No, but I'm sorta concerned if you're not. You really don't get this? Do you understand the difference between existential freedom and political freedom?

Last edited:
violence?

the only person mentioning violence is you.

So you are arguing that the government doesnt force people now?

you're going to argue that people are physically coerced by the government through violence to pay their taxes?

is that really something you think any rational person is going to believe?

your lies greatly sadden the baby jesus.

If you do not pay your taxes, you can go to prison. Do you think that "peace and love" happen at prisons? NO, violence happens at prisons. It is a threat the gov't uses, and will even impose, ask Wesly Snipes.

i don't think it has a choice.

some are born obtuse, others have obtuseness thrust upon them, violently

:lmao:

Are you seriously unaware that the government collects taxes through the use and the threat of force AKA violence?

I know Jesus doesn't approve of liars. That's why I will invite you to repent and stop lying.
Yes, I am seriously unaware of that. You're the liar, not me.

So because you're ignorant, Im a liar?

Ravi, thanks for the laugh:)

her putative ignorance has nothing to do with you being a liar.

own it

you're going to argue that people are physically coerced by the government through violence to pay their taxes?

If you do not pay your taxes, you can go to prison. Do you think that "peace and love" happen at prisons? NO, violence happens at prisons. It is a threat the gov't uses, and will even impose, ask Wesly Snipes.

i say this with all the respect i can muster for you and your ilk.

you people are seriously fucked in the head.

for real

No, but I'm sorta concerned if you're not. You really don't get this? Do you understand the difference between existential freedom and political freedom?

i understand the difference between stupid and batshit crazy, but you're a tough call.

i'm leaning towards stupid

i understand the difference between stupid and batshit crazy, but you're a tough call.

ah c'mon. Isn't conversation more fun that insults?

ah c'mon. Isn't conversation more fun that insults?

i tend to have conversations with sentient beings

whacky, huh?

for real

It would be wonderful to find liberals that would actually discuss liberal "discrepencies" with a scrap of integrity. All liberals will start out with how great their faith is, as long as they are asked no questions, they will remain pleasant. Once questioned about things that need some serious explanation about how liberal ideas actually work, they retreat, they get arrogant, they call names, they lie, they deny recorded events, they shut down, and then they will immediately return to the calm, pleasant person and tell you that the liberal way of thinking will bring utopia...

for real

It would be wonderful to find liberals that would actually discuss liberal "discrepencies" with a scrap of integrity. All liberals will start out with how great their faith is, as long as they are asked no questions, they will remain pleasant. Once questioned about things that need some serious explanation about how liberal ideas actually work, they retreat, they get arrogant, they call names, they lie, they deny recorded events, they shut down, and then they will immediately return to the calm, pleasant person and tell you that the liberal way of thinking will bring utopia...

if i was a liberal, you'd almost have a point.

now feel free to continue analyzing fairy tales in your quest to justify your charming combination of selfishness, paranoia and self righteousness.

have a pleasant evening

for real

if i was a liberal, you'd almost have a point.

now feel free to continue analyzing fairy tales in your quest to justify your charming combination of selfishness, paranoia and self righteousness.

have a pleasant evening

Oh, please tell us what you believe in Del. You walk like a liberal, you talk like a liberal....

violence?

the only person mentioning violence is you.

Lets conduct an experiment. Me, believing the government will force me to pay taxes, will pay them. You, believing otherwise, can stop. If you are right no one will show up at your door and cart you off to jail. If I am right, no one will show up and cart me off to jail.

Try not paying your taxes, and see what happens. Altho, I guess if you don't call the police showing up at your door, arresting you, and throwing you behind bars violence, more power to you. Most would think otherwise. Some people define things differently than you do, and would see having their freedom revoked as violent. Avatar has always been a mature, polite poster, so resorting to being a sarcastic prick with him doesn't really do you justice. It says more about you than it does about him. True story. ;)

you can twist all the words you want, newby, it still won't make what he said true.

most people would not consider being arrested an act of violence. most people also would realize that non payment of taxes is a civil matter and only in rare cases to people get *thrown behind bars* and that those people for the most part behaved criminally. they are also not subjected to violence unless they bring it on themselves.

now maybe it's different where you live, but where i live we think it's a good thing when criminals go to jail.

as for your opinion of my behavior, i really don't care.

I have two words for you, Wesley Snipes.

Obeying laws is not voluntary!

Exactly. Pretty simple equation.

No, there are legal financial remedies if you get caught breaking certain tax laws, and if you continue to thumb your nose at the IRS, then they seek a warrant for your arrest, but that is VERY rare... So to claim that we pay taxes by VIOLENT force is bullshit. Resisting arrest is not advised for ANY criminal.

Penalties for Tax Evasion | Lawfirms.com

Those remedies don't exist for the people that break the law, they exist for the people who are trapped by the law.

Why don't you tell the parents who have to pay taxes because her children died about all those financial remedies, I am sure that will make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I, on the other hand, being the cynical asshole I am, will advise them that they are screwed.

There's No Escape: Death, Taxes And Student Loans - Forbes

Co-signing a student loan means you are responsible for it, just like any other loan.

It is virtually impossible for a student loan to be forgiven. Taxes are forgiven after seven years.

There is no violence in tax collection.

Jesus wept.

Forum List

Back