Why would Obama seek to raise the cost of Gasoline?

A couple of things are clear. The Republicans will attempt to blame Obama for the rising cost of gas, and, Obama has no benefit in raising the cost of gas.

Applying the law of succinctness, if Obama could control the cost of gas he would reduce it in an election year.

Discuss.

For the Right,

there's 1. what they want to believe, and there's 2. what they like to believe,

and then there's the Truth.

Conservatism is based on a political religion of 1. and 2.

Of course no president who desired to be re-elected would actively pursue a policy that was as politically toxic as raising gas prices. To believe otherwise in this case you would have to believe that President Obama doesn't want to be re-elected,

and he wants to put the Big Oil bankrolled Republicans back in power.

In other words, to believe this you have to believe that Obama is really on the SIDE of Big Oil.

so you mean BO's just punting right now until he's reelected....?

...that he'll continue to pursue his toxic policy of raising gas prices during the second 4 years.....?

[
That is the first smart thing you said in this thread.

And you reduce demand by increasing supply. Something Obama refuses to do. Drilling on federal land and permits for said drilling are at all time lows. Private land supply is up but its not enough.

Just so you know I've held the same job for 23 years. And it pays very well thank you.

Tell the Truth:

Leasing  As of March 2011, the oil and gas industry held 38.6 million acres of leases on
the public lands. However, it was not developing or exploring for oil and gas
resources on 57 percent of its holdings (22 million acres).

Drilling  As of July 15, 2011, there were 1,905 active rotary drill rigs in the U.S.ii This
figure is 94 percent of the 20‐year high of 2,021 active drill rigs set in 2008.

Permits
 As of May 2011, the oil and gas industry held 6,573 approved, but unused,
permits for drilling on federal lands.

Production  In FY 2010, the oil and gas industry produced nearly 3 trillion cubic feet (TCF) of
natural gas from federal onshore leases—the second highest fiscal year total
between FY 1984 and FY 2010.v

http://wilderness.org/files/Onshore Oil and Gas Development Status_1.pdf

Almost all of those leases were granted by the Bush administration. NOT OBAMA

Obama has always been quick to OWN issues he had previously been against when they have been successful.

Anything HE is directly involved in on the other hand is the other guys fault.

Sad too many are so fucking gullible to belive Obama's rhetoric.

A couple of things are clear. The Republicans will attempt to blame Obama for the rising cost of gas, and, Obama has no benefit in raising the cost of gas.

Applying the law of succinctness, if Obama could control the cost of gas he would reduce it in an election year.

Discuss.

For the Right,

Of course no president who desired to be re-elected would actively pursue a policy that was as politically toxic as raising gas prices. To believe otherwise in this case you would have to believe that President Obama doesn't want to be re-elected,

In other words, to believe this you have to believe that Obama is really on the SIDE of Big Oil.

...that he'll continue to pursue his toxic policy of raising gas prices during the second 4 years.....?

He said he would wait till 2011 to address immigration.

Hope nobody is still holding their breath.

Discuss.

Because wants everyone to drive a Volt or a Prius. Because he is a believer in manmade global warming. And because he is a neo-marxist pig who wants to force people into doing as he wishes.

And also because he is so arrogant he thinks gas prices won't effect his re-election chances.

:clap2:

For the Right,

He said he would wait till 2011 to address immigration.

Hope nobody is still holding their breath.

Maybe 'Fast And Furious' sidelined it?

Taxes, taxes and more taxes on the gas issue. All to pay off the massive spending obama has done and still doing.

I've cut you a lot of slack because I respect the fact you turned your life around... but if you are going to insult me, I insult right back.

I of course, served my country, worked my way through college, and have worked for a bunch of companies, usually run by people who lie to me. But I keep at it...

Nothing of which has to do with the blind, stupid anti-Obama nonsense. If you are going to criticize the man, be honest about it... this isn't an honest argument...

Please point out my dishonest post.......

:eusa_whistle:

Oh, sorry, you were still interested in it.

Dishonest post. Claiming a president can do jack diddly about the price of gasoline.

And honestly, it was dishonest when Democrats said it about Bush-43, and I called them on it, too.

Please point out my dishonest post.......

:eusa_whistle:

Dishonest post. Claiming a president can do jack diddly about the price of gasoline.

And honestly, it was dishonest when Democrats said it about Bush-43, and I called them on it, too.

Sure you did.
Do you think the president can influence the economy or not?
If you claim that Obama cannot do anything about gas prices (or anything else) then he needs to get the hell out of the White House and let's get someone who can.

Sure you did.
If you claim that Obama cannot do anything about gas prices (or anything else) then he needs to get the hell out of the White House and let's get someone who can.

No one else can do that much about it, either. That's the point.

I mean, we should have had all sorts of stable gas prices under Bush, he was an oilman. He knew all about oil. But we had ridiculously expensive gas on his watch, too.

Sure you did.

But Obama was fast to chastise Bush about oil prices...

Obama fools only the willingly stupid.

Sure you did.

Nope......Obama has no control over anything.

Even though he once said he could stop the seas from rising.

But that was just a campaign speech.

Obama has a lot to do with the anger that is going in this country right now. He refuses to say anything when he doesn't want it to end. He's worked out deals to get the media to make bad news seem like good news. He's also not mentioning that the price of gas is higher now than when the price of oil was $40 higher.

He has plenty to do with it.

Last edited:

You must have been really quiet about it cuz the rest of us never heard you.

Well, you'd had to have been on the boards I was posting on in 2006, wouldn't you...

I've only been here since 2011. You've only been here since 2009...

Discuss.

I think He is beyond reason, at this point, most Despots end up that way. For him, it is about control, no matter the cost.He is turning the Country on it's head, and he is currently getting away with the crime, because of those that run cover for him, and enable him. These are serious times WC. Should he be reelected, catastrophic change lies ahead. Stock up now, figure out what hit you later.

Discuss.

I think He is beyond reason, at this point, most Despots end up that way. For him, it is about control, no matter the cost.He is turning the Country on it's head, and he is currently getting away with the crime, because of those that run cover for him, and enable him. These are serious times WC. Should he be reelected, catastrophic change lies ahead. Stock up now, figure out what hit you later.

Have a survival plan in place. It isn't going to be pretty.

Funny thing is Obama still is talking about removing subsidies like that won't effect the price ether.

Thing is.......he talks like the fees they don't charge big oil is a subsidy when in fact the government gives the same breaks to other industries. It's not a subsidy. It's a tax break.

What Obama paid Solyndra was a subsidy and they still went broke.

Last edited:

Posted in the OP.

It is embarrassing reading the responses on this thread. There is no doubt that the self defined conservatives, Obama haters, haters of Democrats, haters of liberals and progressives are intellectually challenged and live in fear. Fear of any ideas or opinions which challenge their faith; fear of anyone who worships differently, votes differently, looks differently, dresses differently or challenges their beliefs. Honestly you guys, and you know who your are, have no right to call your self 'American'.

Posted in the OP.

It is embarrassing reading the responses on this thread. There is no doubt that the self defined conservatives, Obama haters, haters of Democrats, haters of liberals and progressives are intellectually challenged and live in fear. Fear of any ideas or opinions which challenge their faith; fear of anyone who worships differently, votes differently, looks differently, dresses differently or challenges their beliefs. Honestly you guys, and you know who your are, have no right to call your self 'American'.

:lol: The soap box defense.

It would be pointless to post the countless politicizing of past oil prices. Enjoy the payback.

Posted in the OP.

Obama's interest in Bankrupting Our Nation, is that He want's us on an even playing field with The Third World. He want's this with Energy, Military Strength, and Industry. Obama thinks that Our Quality of Life is too high. He is on a Mission.

Forum List

Back